Missy (Melissa) Miller-Romeis - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 08-03-2003, 07:15 PM   #1
Missymonkey
Missy (Melissa) Miller-Romeis

I don't really consider myself a Rogue persay, more of a person who enjoys life to much to worry about what other people think. Especially my in-laws (muah ah aha). So I hope that I fit into this forum.

I turn 23 Sept. the 19th, and I am currently a student at UW-Stevens Point. I had better graduate next May, and I should if all things work out for me, with an Early Childhood Education degree. This certifies me to teach children ages birth to third grade. I really want to teach kindergarten, either traditional fife year old kindergarten or a fourth grade kindergarten. It's taking me six years to complete my degree as I changed from a Physics degree half way through. I just love Physics, I am so darn curious about how things work and why. But I hate chemistry and only meaningful applicable math interests me.

Scott and I got married last month. I can't stop bragging, and I figured I can until we pay off all our credit card debt It was a gorgeous wedding, everything went well, and I got lots of neat gifts. No cool animals though, other than a clown fish.

Scott loves fish, we have a fresh tank, a brackish tank, a salt tank, and our mini Koi tub all sqweezed into out one bedroom apartment. Personally I think they smell bad and they swim in their own poo, gross me out the door batman.

As for animals we have: four corns, 1 ball python, 11 leos, a rainbow crab thing, 2 hamsters, 2 gerbils, a cat and a radiated rat snake. I am hopeing to add a couple russian tortoises and a siamese himalayan kitten to the group in the near future. Amazingly everything fits into our closet along with out clothes. (the koi and gerbils are in the basement for now though)

I was raised in Stevens Point and abslutly love central wisconsin, the smell of fresh cows, all the corn you could want, cheap milk and really good ice cream!!! And of course SNOW up the wazoo, I love snow it's so clean and fluffy. Scott is from a smaller town a half hour drive away, called Waupaca, he played football in high school and had lots of "fans".(aka high school girls hanging on him)

We met in college over a keg and a 40 oz. bottle of beast ice, isn't that romantic but it helped to keep the akwardness to a minimum.

Scott graduated last year May with a history degree, and now he is a dispatcher for the PD and is going to school to become a Po-Po/Fuzz/Copper/Ringer which is cool, now I can drive around and not worry about getting a ticket. I am a student, and I work at the REd Cross teaching junior high kids how to babysit responsibly, the apartment as a manager (with Scott) and on campus at a student volunteer org. where I coordinate around 200 tutors and I am the overall chair for our first Dance Marathon to benefit CHildren's Miracle Network which we expect 400 people to attend (I am sooo excited about the dance it's crazy)

I love fishing, reptiles (duh), Goodwill, classic cars (my dream: 1970 Chevelle SS hard top with racing stripes) eating choclate, tequila, gardening, children specially cute little pudgy babies, watching scary movies (if you haven't seen Darkenss Falls yet you must, you'll never look at an old lady the same), cooking, wearing fancy clothes, choclate icecream with bannanas and fudge brownies, traveling to cheese factories and large shopping centers, Great America, and oranges. I hate doing dishes, laundry, anything with the car, ignorance and apathy, beer, that white stuff on the inside of oranges that has no flavor, how seedless watermelons are so darn small, eating fish, bumper stickers, and homework.

Otherwise, after graduation we hope to buy a house, make babies human and reptilian, and live a life of bliss.

Old 08-03-2003, 07:20 PM   #2
Missymonkey
Wow I sure can babble,....

here's some pictures because everyone likes pictures with their novels...
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2003, 07:34 PM   #3
Missymonkey
Ok, this is the reptile closet, 1 is the crab and is not really in the closet, 2 are the hamsters Bill and April (named after our friends so we can make fun of them "last night we saw Bill and April breeding har har har"), 3 is the 2 yearling corns Boo-Anery and Maisy-Okeetee and right next to them unlabeled is Princess my rescued blizzard leo and her roomie Paislie a norm het something or other leo, 4 under 2 (oops two 4s I was in a rush) is our newly aquired proven pair of hypos in a really cool display case we got brand new from a department store, the other 4 is the little blue lidded containter which houses two giant land snails nameless as of now, and 5 is the tub next to it which houses Bruce Scott's ball python hatchling, 5&6 (oops two 5s) are more leos 5 houses Elvis our norm leo and Josie our leusistic leo, 6 houses Beast and his women all het for something or other, 7 is yet another leo tank with Goliath (a huge ars leo male) and his women and somewhere up by the ball is another tub with our baby leo. If you look in the mirror you can see our clothes on the other side of the closet.

We put everyone in here because the cat won't leave them alone.
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2003, 07:36 PM   #4
Missymonkey
here's a better pic of the case with the hamsters ontop they're so cute and teddy bear like!!!
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2003, 07:39 PM   #5
Missymonkey
here's a better pic of the case with the hamsters ontop If you look close you can see their little faces mushed up to the glass as they sleep.
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2003, 07:43 PM   #6
Missymonkey
And here's the hypos we just got, I am thinking of naming them lady and the tramp, because he's the only male, and she's so dainty and lady like.
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2003, 07:51 PM   #7
Missymonkey
I'll post a pic of Scott as soon as he gets home... he'll love the idea of everybody looking at him (he brought home a fake pot plant the other day from the PD and then today when my mother stopped by she was admiring our strange plant, she said it was so unique, then she touched it and realized it was fake, but she still had no idea what it was, and asked if we could get her one to keep in her kitchen!)

Old 10-05-2003, 04:37 PM   #8
Glenn Bartley
So out of the five hot babes - which is you? If I remember rightly you got married recently - so I am guessing you are the bride!

Old 10-06-2003, 09:42 AM   #9
Missymonkey
Yep that's me, the blushing bride : ) I just got my dress cleaned so now I can wear it around the aapartment while I clean tanks : )

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!