Copperheadman - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 10-21-2003, 08:56 PM   #1
Copperheadman
Copperheadman

Hello all! First off my REAL name is Glen Chapman,some of may have seen that I post under the name of Dallas Glen,well,let me explain before I get blown outta the water! I use that as a pen name for 1) I am in the process of writing a book for younger folks on the Herps of the Arkansas Ozarks and 2) from time to time I write an article in our local newspaper that gets a lot od negative response from certain Elected and Appointed Officials in our city.The reason I do that for the paper is because it could have a real negative effect on my position with our Fire Dept,where I am currently the Leutinant/Fire Marshal.Sorry if I have confused anyone.or caused them any ill-will towrds me.But the reason I originally posted under that name is because I have this funny little phobia about my personal Info on the Web.But in the few months that I have been here I have gotten to know a few of you and have come to trust this site.The best thing going IMHO.

Now..about me.Ya know my name(all of 'em)!!!I live in the Ozarks..in Arkansas. Husband for 9 years,3 children Oldest son is 7,daughter 4,youngest son 3 months.I currently work at Ranger Boats,where I spend 8 hours a day in the most uncomfortable conditions imaginable,but the money is great!!.I am pretty new to herping and try to soak up knowledge like a sponge,especially when it comes to Boids.I currently keep some rat snakes(differant species) Kingsnakes(Speckled and Praire),and an Eastern Hognose.Also 3 bredding pair of three toed Box turtles,and 1 African Spurred tortiose.

My hobbies include hunting(more to watch than to kill nowadays),flyfishing(perfect place for it!!) doing the Fire/Rescue thing,speding time with my kids and animals,and teaching my scouts( am an asst. Den leader in our Cub Scout troop) what I can about nature,safety and comservation.h and herping!!

Well thanks for reading thru my ramblings..you may wake up now!!!

"The Real" Glen Chapman aka Dallas Glen

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!