Bearded dragon grew 2 inches after 2 years! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-05-2008, 08:17 PM   #1
zztrent
Bearded dragon grew 2 inches after 2 years!

I took in a bearded dragon from a previous breeding project. When i was breeding beardies in the past they weren't of HIGH quality. German giant/gold. So i ended up giving some away and selling the others really cheap. Needless to say i gave up that breeding project since i was actually losing money.

However, my brother grew tired of his bearded dragon, gave the beardie VERY improper care. So when i got back into beardies i decided to take him in, and give him the best care i can.

After 2 weeks of proper care and lighting diet etc.... He was more active then any beardie i have ever had, eat more then my other beardies which were approaching a year or at a year.

Belly got huge, which was strange for me to see from a male beardie. After 2 months i decided to measure the beardie because my brother said it grew a ton. So in dis-belief i measured the beardie, and it grew an inch and a half. Later i measured again grew 2 inches an a few.

So needless to say even stunted beardies do have hope to grow a small amount.

The beardie is now perfectly healthy, attentive, and no signs of MBD.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:30 PM   #2
Beardiepal
That is awesome..its amazing how beardies can make a turn around when properly cared for. They are really very resilient. Long time issues may be different. But 2 inches is terrific. How much weight has he put on??? How old is he? Take good care & great work. B

Old 06-05-2008, 10:32 PM   #3
Beardiepal
I suppose he is 2 years old...duh????? I just read the subject line again. Good work with him... weight is also a good indicator of his progress...B

Old 06-05-2008, 10:33 PM   #4
zztrent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beardiepal
That is awesome..its amazing how beardies can make a turn around when properly cared for. They are really very resilient. Long time issues may be different. But 2 inches is terrific. How much weight has he put on??? How old is he? Take good care & great work. B
I didn't weigh before and after, he easily put on 100 grams if not more. He weighs around 300 grams, which is good considering his size. I think he's 14 inches? I forget the exact measurement. He's probable around 3 years now or 2 1/2

You can tell when they need UVB though they will just sit under the UVB light for days.

Old 06-06-2008, 11:08 PM   #5
Beardiepal
It sounds as if you are doing an ASTRONOMICAL job with him,. Take good good care B

Old 06-13-2008, 02:48 AM   #6
LadyGecko
I have a very good friend that was given a female dragon that a acquaintance took away from his son when he found that the kid was tired of the animal and had been keeping it in a dark closet for months

She took her home and nursed her back to health and while Lucy never did get really fat-she did not have any signs of MBD and lived for another 5 years or so

They are amazingly resilient animals and it sadly seems that there are many horror stories out there

Congrats on the growth and good health of your new dragon!

Sandy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!