Darin Chappell - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 03-18-2003, 12:08 AM   #1
Darin Chappell
Darin Chappell

Well, I talk so much about everything else, I'm not sure I have anything left to say about myself!

I won't bore you all with the story that is "ME," but I will tell you all a little about what I am doing presently.

I live in the Ozark Mountains, and my family has been in this region for more than 170 years. My first Missouri ancestor preached here in the hills on a circuit route he traveled by mule.

I wear several hats these days:

Husband -- My wife and I have been married 17 years

Dad -- My oldest daughter is 15, my youngest daughter is nearly 12, and my son is 5

Insurance Broker -- This is my day job . . .hate it, but it pays the bills

Preacher -- I have been preaching full time for nearly a decade, but my family needed to settle in one place for a while. Now, I preach on a part-time basis, but it is still my priority, professionally speaking.

Corn snake breeder -- I have loved reptiles and been collecting them for some thirty years, but I got into corns only a few years ago. I bred my first clutch three years ago and have been addicted ever since. I'm expecting 100-150 hatchlings this year.

Golfer -- I'm terrible, but I love it!

Former Sailor and Soldier -- I'm one of the few that has actually served in two of the armed forces, and I am proud to have served with honor. If they ever call up the old, fat boy brigade, I'm there! Course, if they do . . .you might want to move to Mexico, 'cause we're in trouble if I'm what's left!!!!!!!

Faunaclassifieds addict -- Love this board!!!

Well, that's me in a nutshell. Hope you enjoy learning a bit more about me. I look forward to reading about each of you too!

Old 03-24-2003, 11:37 PM   #2
Stardust
WHAT?!? No picture? You have not truly introduced yourself

Old 03-25-2003, 12:42 AM   #3
Darin Chappell
Let's put it this way, when I recently told Rich Z. that he needed to have a customer appreciation day and allow some of us to come and help him thin out his snake house . . .he said he'd need to be there with a gun to make sure the wrong snakes didn't get away . . .and to keep my ugly self out!!!! LOL

THAT'S why there's no picture!

Some day I'll have someone take a picture of me. But it will have to be AFTER I've taken pics of this year's babies, lest the camera be of no value from my image being burned into it!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!