extremely urgent, please help. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-19-2010, 09:21 PM   #1
bliss
extremely urgent, please help.

Hey guys,

I really need your help.

My smallest dragon, which is about 6", has a very bad foot problem.

her left back foot looks as though it has been nipped, and she cannot move that leg. I think the foot will not make it.

I need to know a list of local reptile vets in my area, i need to take her STAT!

please help me out!

My zip:

Old 04-19-2010, 09:28 PM   #2
bliss
Also forgot to mention:

She is in a group of 3, and all the dragons are about the same size as her. This just happened at some point this evening.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:29 PM   #3
JordanAng420
Here is a list to some herp vets in all the states. Your profile says you live in North Carolina so here's what I pulled up for that state. All you need to do is find a city that's closest to you and call.

http://www.herpvetconnection.com/nocarol.shtml

Old 04-19-2010, 09:31 PM   #4
JordanAng420
Sounds like this kid needs some x-rays to find out what's going on...could be that the loss of sensation in the leg and the nipped toe have nothing to do with each other. Also, consider running bloodwork...

Just preparing you for what the vet might want to do.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:32 PM   #5
bliss
:sigh:

well, I have maybe $300 to my name. I'll see what I can do.

Old 04-19-2010, 09:34 PM   #6
bliss
btw,

thanks for the help. I'm going to call the clinic in asheville, NC tomorrow and see what they can tell me.

for right now, she is quarantined. I hope this little girl makes it, she is a great dragon!

Old 04-19-2010, 09:35 PM   #7
JordanAng420
Some vets can work with you. Just see what you can do, and what they recommend. I wish you the best with your little one!

Old 04-19-2010, 09:38 PM   #8
bliss
Ok, one more thing to add-

I just gently massaged the underside of that leg. She jerked the leg back whenever i got near her foot. So she can definitely still use that leg, and feel sensation in it. But i'll still see what the doctor says, anything is still possible.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:00 PM   #9
angie.h
Don't get too worried...she will probably be just fine. They are very resilient and, if healthy to begin with,can easily bounce back. If she still eats even with her injury,that's a good sign.

Old 04-19-2010, 11:48 PM   #10
dragonluver83
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie.h View Post
Don't get too worried...she will probably be just fine. They are very resilient and, if healthy to begin with,can easily bounce back. If she still eats even with her injury,that's a good sign.

The vet wont do much and cant do much. They only thing there gonna do is clean it up put neosporin on the open wound, if there is one and wrap it up. You can do it yourself and save the money. For one, been there done that. for two, there isnt anything anyone can do. separate that dragon from its clutch mates for now and just nurse it alittle bit. Make sure its not on substrate. You will be fine

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!