Al - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 07-13-2003, 01:37 PM   #1
NEWReptiles
Al

I had my first experiance with American Alligators last weekend at a local reptile show. Steve Dornin was set up a few tents away, and told some of my friends and I that he would show us how to safely capture and remove the gators from the tanks when it was time for him to shut down.
After 4 very long days, the time came and I was ready to rock. Steve demonstrated to us how to capture the gators and then went on to allow us to do it.
Most of the animals were from 3-5' but there were 2 that were 8-9' and required 3 people to safely load for transport.

So here is a pic of me in a severe downpour holding my 1st gator.
Attached Images

Old 07-13-2003, 06:48 PM   #2
ms_terese
You're looking like you've handled that gator a million times before, Al!

Nice to put a face with the name

Old 07-13-2003, 09:33 PM   #3
kenster
Al,
How cool! I have yet to hold a gator...Maybe one day I will get to. My son who is 4 keeps asking me for one and my wife says NO. They are just too big to "hide" from her Nice to add another face with the chat names. When are we going to get together for the "cold ones"?

Take care buddy and I hope all your eggs are doing good and hatching out! Drop me a line sometime....

Old 07-14-2003, 01:29 AM   #4
NEWReptiles
The first pic.
Attached Images

Old 07-14-2003, 01:39 AM   #5
kenster
So how long before we get to watch "Al the gator hunter" on animal planet?

Old 07-14-2003, 01:47 AM   #6
NEWReptiles
Should be in the next week or so.

I was thinkin of starting a show called, "Al The Wussy Retic Hunter" instead.

LMAO. I will be in touch soon Ken. Beer time will have to wait a few more weeks till my eggs are all hatched.

Old 07-16-2003, 06:34 AM   #7
John Apple
Hey Al
who was holding who inthe pic???
here's to ya
nice to meet ya

Old 10-14-2003, 05:53 AM   #8
Intense Herpetoculture
HAHA, Steve was over there? I guess he is just making his rounds with the reptile show. If you see him again tell him Keith & Justyn in Copperas Cove, TX said hi! That dork.

Old 12-01-2003, 11:16 PM   #9
NEWReptiles
Heres a newer pic of me sending a few rounds off with bed-head.
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2003, 11:19 PM   #10
WebSlave
Good graphic reason of why you shouldn't try to hold a revolver with one hand in front of the cylinder..

I put a .44 mag up against a pine tree once to steady myself, and when I fired the thing, bark went flying everywhere. I thought the gun had exploded!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!