Info Ashley Caspillo-SakaraGT4/Sakara *Possible Buyer Beware!* - Page 44 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:21 PM   #431
Elizabethlea27
So last night before I finally slept I checked on the Qtine room, and found the male from ashley like this:

I edited color settings only to make him more visible, as it was taken through a plastic tub at low light. I had ALREADY bumped the tub and he did not respond, and he did not respond to the flash of my camera.

He did respond to me opening the tub a little bit.. here are pics of him immediately after I opened the lid:

And he stayed like THAT for quite a while.

The last pic I took he was like this:

Now tell me, if you were in my shoes, and this was the source of your mites and it came from Ashley, what would you do? How would you react? I am ... not sure what to do, I know I can't really do anything... any advice? He's already spread mites to everyone so... I guess I feel doomed.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:24 PM   #432
amercnwmn
Move that snake away from any others. If you can get it out of the house, great.
Contact Dr. Jacobson. You might be able to send it to him for exam.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:25 PM   #433
amercnwmn
Sorry, first angle I couldn't tell he was resting his head..he may just be laying like that. Snakes are weird..lol However given all that's been seen, I'm probably overly paranoid.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #434
Elizabethlea27
Wait what? He wasn't resting his head, I freaked out and grabbed the camera because he was in his vines with his head held backwards in mid air. I'm sorry the picture quality is so AWFUL in the first two pics.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #435
sally-dog
A video of it would be better. Not that he isn't laying in a somewhat odd position, but seeing the locomotion really will tell us if there is something wrong.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #436
reticguy76
Is that one still quarantined from your other collection ??

Old 12-23-2010, 01:37 PM   #437
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by sally-dog View Post
A video of it would be better. Not that he isn't laying in a somewhat odd position, but seeing the locomotion really will tell us if there is something wrong.
Agreed

Old 12-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #438
sally-dog
IF that snake does end up displaying MORE odd behavior and a vet really does diagnose him as sick, you should think about getting a toxicology report in addition to the any IBD testing.

You've been treating for mites, and as you've seen before, it can cause neurological issues. A lot of neurological disorders are immediately thought to be IBD, and you need to make sure its one or the other by getting both tests done.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:39 PM   #439
amercnwmn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabethlea27 View Post
Wait what? He wasn't resting his head, I freaked out and grabbed the camera because he was in his vines with his head held backwards in mid air. I'm sorry the picture quality is so AWFUL in the first two pics.
Ok..I thought I was looking at the first few pics at a weird angle, but apparently his head IS at that funny angle. Yeah that doesn't look right in the pic.

Old 12-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #440
sally-dog
The symptoms can be confused, is what I meant to say. You know the animal was exposed to IBD and you have been treating for mites, so those are your two biggest leads.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ibd