High End Herps (Inquiry) - Page 211 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-08-2010, 07:57 PM   #2101
GinoInDaBronx
The Beauchemins

they will be back. Of that, I am absolutely certain. Anyone who could live in that pile of putrid filth in order to try to maintain to be a legitmate business obviously has issues.

Is it addiction? Can one be 'addicted' to the reptile hobby as others are to crack or alcohol? I am going to guess that they can be.

damon cant stay out for long. he just needs to rebuild his collection after all of his large breeders were seized.

I dont imagine that he will make that mistake again. he will likely show up in a state/area where it is legal to keep gators and giant constrictors. We just need to watch online forums for some newby pretending to be a colossus in the hobby.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:24 PM   #2102
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleria View Post
Seems like short of actually getting our hands on absolute proof of his other aliases and dropping it in their laps while they actually have him in their grasp he's just going to be able to keep walking away and starting all over again.
I do believe that it was stated that the LA authorities are fully aware that he is in fact Damon Heynen but they aren't doing anything about it cause the AZ authorities don't want to be bothered with having him extradited to them on the warrants they have him for. Just another felon being allowed to slip through the cracks of justice.

Old 09-08-2010, 08:56 PM   #2103
crotalusadamanteus
That's what I remember too Adrian.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:52 PM   #2104
TailsWithScales
Quote:
Originally Posted by GinoInDaBronx View Post
Is it addiction? Can one be 'addicted' to the reptile hobby as others are to crack or alcohol? I am going to guess that they can be.
Animal hording /addiction covers all species of animals not just reptiles. It won't take him long before he gets his collection back up and running I'm sure.

Yes he was convicted of murder. He shot someone I believe it was. He also had multiple DUI, weapons and drug related charges he was convicted of. This is not someone that should be free.

He'll change his name and just rack up even more charges when he flees the state on warrants.

Old 09-10-2010, 12:21 AM   #2105
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamom View Post
Just thought I would let everyone know David Beauchemin did not show up for arraingment this morning and has officially jumped bond. A warrant has been issued for his arrest.
Is this saying he packed up and left or is this just saying he did not show up?

or both?

Old 09-26-2010, 08:31 PM   #2106
Keith Stambaugh
Call me stupid. I sent Twain / David a check just two weeks ago as a deposit on a 16 foot het albino tiger. Someone responded last week saying they are dealing with some family issues and I could expect the snake to be shipped this week. If his animals where taken, who was those, how do we reach them? I sent a deposit for $200 via postal money order. I guess I at least need to do something with that. Anyone know how to reach the authorites that have his animals?
Thanks Keith

Old 09-26-2010, 09:05 PM   #2107
aleria
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Stambaugh View Post
Call me stupid. I sent Twain / David a check just two weeks ago as a deposit on a 16 foot het albino tiger. Someone responded last week saying they are dealing with some family issues and I could expect the snake to be shipped this week. If his animals where taken, who was those, how do we reach them? I sent a deposit for $200 via postal money order. I guess I at least need to do something with that. Anyone know how to reach the authorites that have his animals?
Thanks Keith
Where did you send the payment? Was it to their Louisiana address, or do you have a more recent one?

Old 09-26-2010, 09:26 PM   #2108
Angel Rojas
Don't know, but I can tell you right now that you won't see an animal or your money. Every snake that they had that was over 12ft. was taken. And it won't do you any good to contact the people who may have them as they probally won't give the snake to you even though you put a deposit down on it

Old 09-26-2010, 09:49 PM   #2109
JudyC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Stambaugh View Post
Thanks Keith
"Twain"?

How did you come about sending a check for this animal? Where did you see them posting sales ads? And where did you send the check to? Who was it made out to?

Angel is right that whoever seized the animals will NOT turn one over to you just because you sent someone a check for a 16' snake. However, it's possible (not probable, given the circumstances, but possible) that whoever you sent the check to will send you SOMEthing that is under the 12' mark. Any "het" genetics would be questionable.

Old 09-26-2010, 10:33 PM   #2110
GinoInDaBronx
Come on Keith-you are not a newbie here! I see that you have made over 200 posts on this site. Surely, you have seen the high end herps thread before. After all, it is the second busiest thread on this site!

Had you read about damon before? And this is not a shot-I am just wondering if he did something to 'sweeten' the deal in order for you to send money to a known criminal...

and, is he still in LA?

Best Wishes in getting your money back. I do feel for you.

GB

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
brian smith, damon heynen, damon smith, high end herps, josh stewart