Good Guy The Veiled Chameleon (Steve) - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-03-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
ucal
The Veiled Chameleon (Steve)

Greetings. I just wanted to comment on my very good experience with Steve at theveiledchameleon.com. I picked up a group of U. phantasticus and a Fantasy Frog and they all came promptly, in good health, and condition. Steve was very open to my constant questions, etc. and the prices were very competitive. Needless to say, I was very happy with the purchase. I understand they are including other animals besides their specialties of veiled chameleons. I would not hesitate to purchase more animals from him in the future. Thanks for listening and thanks to the members of this board for all their info/insights/experiences.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:36 PM   #2
rcarichter
Veiled Chameleon-where are you?

Anyone know what's going on w/ Veiled Chameleon? I know these guys have a great reputation, this is NOT a complaint or bad guy report, I just can't get ahold of them. I ,too, bought a U. phantasticus from this last group, Steve confirmed payment was recieved but it was too cold to ship. Steve and I agreed to watch the weather and pick an appropriate day. A couple Mondays were acceptable, so I emailed a request and heard nothing back. I've been calling their number daily, left messages, and several emails just to find out how better to contact them for shipping. I'm in no hurry to ship and the animal's safety comes first, but where are they? Any thoughts?

Old 02-07-2011, 03:42 PM   #3
rjarosek
Looks like someone got lucky. Good for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post
Anyone know what's going on w/ Veiled Chameleon? I know these guys have a great reputation, this is NOT a complaint or bad guy report, I just can't get ahold of them.
If you are talking about Steve and Karin they DO NOT have a good rep. They have many posts on here. It is normal for them to stop contact when something goes wrong.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
rcarichter
Me again. Whoa! I heard about the 'great reputation' from some local breeders who've bought from them. Should've checked here. Apparently they've scammed others in the same manner. If I never see this animal, I'll consider it my own fault for not checking thoroughly. Live and learn.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:46 PM   #6
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarichter View Post
Me again. Whoa! I heard about the 'great reputation' from some local breeders who've bought from them. Should've checked here. Apparently they've scammed others in the same manner. If I never see this animal, I'll consider it my own fault for not checking thoroughly. Live and learn.

It happens not your fault. Its the fault of these known scammers and poor excuse for reptile breeders / flippers what ever you want to call them.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:49 PM   #7
ucal
Only the one experience

I am sorry to hear about others not getting the type of service I received and you deserved. This was my ONLY experience with them, but they were responsive after the animals were received. Please continue to add your comments and if there enough negative experiences (with evidence of course), I will ask the admin to remove this positive review/thread. I don't want anyone else to take this review and end up having a poor experience. Although, in their defense, MY single experience was positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucal View Post
Greetings. I just wanted to comment on my very good experience with Steve at theveiledchameleon.com. I picked up a group of U. phantasticus and a Fantasy Frog and they all came promptly, in good health, and condition. Steve was very open to my constant questions, etc. and the prices were very competitive. Needless to say, I was very happy with the purchase. I understand they are including other animals besides their specialties of veiled chameleons. I would not hesitate to purchase more animals from him in the future. Thanks for listening and thanks to the members of this board for all their info/insights/experiences.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:53 PM   #8
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucal View Post
I am sorry to hear about others not getting the type of service I received and you deserved. This was my ONLY experience with them, but they were responsive after the animals were received. Please continue to add your comments and if there enough negative experiences (with evidence of course), I will ask the admin to remove this positive review/thread. I don't want anyone else to take this review and end up having a poor experience. Although, in their defense, MY single experience was positive.

You won't be able to remove the thread.

This is their M.O.
It seems to happen. The ones who get their animals are happy as long as they don't die in the following days after receiving them. As soon as their is a problem they disappear. Steve isn't available and Karin plays dumb or disappears as well. Sometimes if a big enough stink is made they will finally attempt to resolve the issue.

They count on the ones who are not as vigilant as others.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:54 PM   #9
rjarosek
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjarosek View Post
You won't be able to remove the thread.

As soon as their is a problem they disappear.
*there

Old 02-08-2011, 12:04 AM   #10
Crissy
They did the same thing with me a few weeks ago. I paid through paypal though and I was able to file a claim and get my money back. These people made a typo and lead me to believe they had already shipped (a Pink Belly Sideneck Turtle) and that the package was possibly lost. I will not be recommending them to anyone. If anyone else was lucky enough to pay through paypal, file a claim. Paypal will rule in your favor because they have no proof the item was delivered.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!