Bad Guy Diamond Den Terrible Customer Service - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-17-2011, 04:50 PM   #51
aleria
So no where in their policy does it state that you are responsible for shipping fees period, only in the event that you are not there to receive the package on the first attempt(which you were). I guess that's something that they may need to add to their policy then.

"Even if you receive a DOA or have any other problems that are entirely not your fault you will still be out the cost of shipping if you want a cash refund."

Old 02-17-2011, 04:54 PM   #52
Jela's Phat Phibs
Not that I'm seeing. Go here and click "Guarantee"

http://www.diamond-denreptiles.com/

I think that your disclaimer is fitting for him at this point. LOL!!

Old 02-17-2011, 05:08 PM   #53
KelliH
Poor customer service and communication from Corky. The live arrival guarantee is great but making your buyer eat the shipping cost in the event of a DOA is piss poor, I don't care if it's industry standard or not.

The switching of the dragons without getting approval from the customer was not a good move. But it was a WAY WORSE decision to ship in temperatures so cold. Blaming the shipping company is just a cop out too. Heat packs fail sometimes, and sometimes they are not very effective when the weather is so cold. Had you waited for warmer temps that dragon would have made it to Jeff alive and well. Hope you both learned a lesson here. Don't ship animals when it's below freezing!

Old 02-17-2011, 05:12 PM   #54
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kennedy View Post
Not that I'm seeing. Go here and click "Guarantee"

http://www.diamond-denreptiles.com/

I think that your disclaimer is fitting for him at this point. LOL!!
I'm sorry but I had to stop reading after the first few sentences. I have this "thing" about proper spelling, punctuation and sentence structure.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:22 PM   #55
AF Exotics
Pretty simple ,two things occurred .

1.Animal purchased in original transaction arrived dead .
2.Agreed upon replacement was substituted without buyer approval .

What now needs to happen is a total refund if they cannot agree .There are times where a moral victory is not a financial victory .... immediately .It will say a lot of things though ,which could lead to sales ,or the lack thereof .That is the choice of the seller .

Old 02-17-2011, 05:27 PM   #56
scaledverts
Jeff -

In light of everything that has been posted, it seems like the thread is at the point where all the information is out on the table. Diamond Den did the right thing by offering to replace your dragon after it arrived DOA. However, sending a dragon other than agreed upon is NOT the right thing.

So my question to you is: what would you like to happen next regarding this thread? IF you merely wanted to show the lack of/poor customer service, I think you have accomplished that. You have also clearly stated that you do not want to ship the dragons back only to be out a net of ~$100 (that's fine and understandable given the circumstances). So this leads to the next logical step of what is left to accomplish in the thread?

If you don't want a refund, don't want to ship the dragons back, and don't want to exchange it for another; I think the thread has done its job of informing the community about your particular transaction.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:28 PM   #57
KelliH
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus q View Post
Pretty simple ,two things occurred .

1.Animal purchased in original transaction arrived dead .
2.Agreed upon replacement was substituted without buyer approval .

What now needs to happen is a total refund if they cannot agree .There are times where a moral victory is not a financial victory .... immediately .It will say a lot of things though ,which could lead to sales ,or the lack thereof .That is the choice of the seller .
Excellent advice, and so true.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:32 PM   #58
Jela's Phat Phibs
Thanks Kelli

I appreciate the support. As far as learning something? Yes, I learned alot here. More specifically about shipping temps. From a business standpoint, I would never consider shipping that cold and addressed this with Corky. I was advised by him that it would be fine with my temps where they were at the time of delivery. I still was uneasy with it, which is why I shot the video. I get at least 4-5 packages overnighted to me a week. I've never recorded any. This was the first one and that was because I was uneasy about it, yet he assured it would ship just fine. That was not the case.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #59
KelliH
Yeah, I learned the same lesson a long time ago too, only it was the opposite weather extreme. I'm sorry that dragon didn't make it; he was a nice one. I hope you get some sort of compensation for the mistakes made on the seller's part.

Old 02-17-2011, 05:55 PM   #60
Jela's Phat Phibs
To answer your question ScaledInverts

I would have least hoped to receive an apology from Corky on so many levels. This hasn't happened. He came on here with the same attitude, as he had in his email, acting like he did me a favor. He then went on to make up further lies and deception and tried to create a false persona of our agreement. This was to try and make him look like he was going above and beyond and I was ungrateful. I know I Mathew wants to blast me for bringing up the same things over and over but I am still fielding PM's from people that are a little confused so let me say this again. I was suppose to receive 2 dragons as replacement for the 1 that was doa. This was always the deal, this is what we both agreed to. Corky came on the boi and invented the "freebie", trying to make it appear as if I was just suppose to receive the 1 adult as an even exchange and the sub-adult he threw in out of the kindness of his own heart and I was being ungrateful. That's not the case. Another member asked him for the documentation and he couldn't provide it, then told another lie saying that we had discussed that over the phone. We had not and I dug up the old emails and posted them which showed that this was done via email communication, both dragons were agreed to and there was no mention of a "freebie". When this was posted, Corky vanished. He has yet to be heard from again. He has never acknowledged any wrong doing thus far. He has the approach that he did me a favor and sent me something better and I should be thankful and his only way of making it right is being real cavalier and just saying, "send them back and I'll give you a refund minus shipping". To me, that isn't very apologetic. You be the judge. Does this look like the better animal...

or this..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!