Bad Guy Diamond Den Terrible Customer Service - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #61
Jela's Phat Phibs
Furthermore

These boi's seem to go on and on and on sometimes so why is there a need to quickly end this thread and people quit commenting on it within the first 24 hours. Alot of good points have been brought up and not addressed on his end, yet some of you are just ok with the fact that he has agreed to reimburse me $220 upon receipt of the animals. So that must mean that you are ok with the lies and the deception and the way in which this has all been handled just because he agreed to give me some money back when he gets his animals back?? That is a shame and I think that those of you that feel that way, would feel otherwise if the shoe was on your foot.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:15 PM   #62
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Kennedy View Post
These boi's seem to go on and on and on sometimes so why is there a need to quickly end this thread and people quit commenting on it within the first 24 hours. Alot of good points have been brought up and not addressed on his end, yet some of you are just ok with the fact that he has agreed to reimburse me $220 upon receipt of the animals. So that must mean that you are ok with the lies and the deception and the way in which this has all been handled just because he agreed to give me some money back when he gets his animals back?? That is a shame and I think that those of you that feel that way, would feel otherwise if the shoe was on your foot.
Jeff,

You should not have been shipped a substituted lizard. But I'm telling you, you could at this point easily snatch defeat from the jaws of victory if you start being critical of your readers who have not completely agreed with you.

Sometimes, posts slow a little at certain times to give a breathing space for the parties to reconsider. Allowing your seller the breathing room to remake this deal might be a good move right now.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:26 PM   #63
Jela's Phat Phibs
Lucille

Sorry. That post was in regards to ScaledInverts asking where I wanted this to go. I couldn't understand his reasoning for the urgency for people to quit commenting on it. It wasn't directed at the entire fauna community. I have received a ton of support, moreso privately as alot of the breeders don't want to get involved publicly. I am grateful for their support as well as all that have shown it publicly. My apologies for that not being articulated the way I wanted it to. It was a further point to my response to scaledinverts. Hope you understand.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:27 PM   #64
AF Exotics
I agree Lucille .My post was made from a position of advocacy to the case presented by Jeff .This is the "cooler heads prevail" moment .It is obvious that Diamond Den has a pretty decent reputation earned .This kind of action needs to be fixed by them ,in order to keep that reputation intact .When things go wrong ,a lot of other factors can get mixed in ,but the substantive elements are the two points I made .The other points made by Jeff(not his actions,but Corky's) , shows what all of us can do at any time ,"make bad decisions under certain duress" .Now they(DD) ,who committed those actions , need to fix them .

Old 02-17-2011, 06:35 PM   #65
scaledverts
Quote:
Sorry. That post was in regards to ScaledInverts asking where I wanted this to go. I couldn't understand his reasoning for the urgency for people to quit commenting on it. It wasn't directed at the entire fauna community. I have received a ton of support, moreso privately as alot of the breeders don't want to get involved publicly. I am grateful for their support as well as all that have shown it publicly. My apologies for that not being articulated the way I wanted it to. It was a further point to my response to scaledinverts. Hope you understand.
There is no urgency. In fact you need to reread my post. I am agreeing with you. HOWEVER, you beating a dead horse and saying the same thing over and over again does nothing to accomplish your goals. That is why I asked what you wanted to get from the thread. You have been all over the place with no clear direction.

You want him to apologize and admit what he did was wrong. That's really what it boils down to. You had not yet actually said what you wanted from him to rectify the situation. I know you are upset (justifiably so) but saying the same thing 10 times does nothing but make people not want to deal with you.

Old 02-17-2011, 06:46 PM   #66
Jela's Phat Phibs
ScaledInverts

I appreciate that post. That post seems alot more "on neither side" to me. I never intended to ramble but several things have got twisted here as a result of some of the things Corky said once on here. For that reason, I have merely touched on some of these issues a few more times to try to clarify. As clear as I tried to be about it all initially in my first post, he confused when he came on and started making posts without any factual evidence. My apologies if it seems like rambling but I just don't want there to be any confusion as to the way this all went down. I'm upset, this is true but more then anything, I am just floored by his actions. I never saw it coming and it hit me like a ton of bricks.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #67
DiamondDen
Jeff, i am sorry that you are un happy i have already said that and i will offer a full refund including shipping so a refund of $260.00 if you send them back and i will even pay for the shipping label and send it to you, So you will not pay for anything, all you will have to do is pacakge them up how i had them and send them back to me, there is not more i can do, yes i replaced what to me was a freebie with his leather brother because that one was not healthy i should have asked you first but i didnt have the time to do so, thinking that you and i had always worked things out fine i fealt that if you had any issue with it you would have givein me more then a handfull of hours to work with you on any issue's you had, but i guess i was wrong because you didn't even contact me like you said you would to work things out, so please send my dragons back and you will get a full refund and i will pay for the shipping back you will be out NO MONEY, and this will be over.

If you dont want this then there is nothing else i can do for you this is the best outcome for you.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:09 PM   #68
DiamondDen
And also i was not trying to be rude about the phone i had emailed you saying that, and have posted it, i was not at all trying to be rude i was simply asking for you to relax on the texting, one text or 10 text it will only take me that much longer to get back to you after i go through them all, all i was trying to say is one text was enough to let me know what was upseting you, i simply wish you would have called when you said you would because yes i was waiting and would have been more then happy to work something out as thats all i have been trying to do this entire time.

Old 02-17-2011, 07:37 PM   #69
MikeCurtin
First, let me say that I do not work with dragons, so will not deal with either of these people. My statements are my take on the situation, and what could have been done to avoid this.

Yup, Corky screwed up. Some poor judgment and less than satisfactory customer service. He never should have substituted, and could have saved a headache by eating the shipping on the DOA. This is what separates average dealers from stellar ones. Corky, I'm sure you won't make the same mistake again.....at least I hope so.

Jeff, you were not taken care of. I must say, though, that much of this thread you have acted irrationally and impatiently. After Corky once again offered a refund, and expressed a desire to satisfy you, the customer, you seemed more interested in ruining his reputation than bargaining for shipping charges. This is not behavior that I would accept from my 8 year old, and it saddens me to see it in this hobby. You are not the type of customer I would want to have to deal with.

So, the offer's on the table. Ship them back and get a full refund. You'll be out nothing more than some aggravation. Are you going to take it, or are you going to allow your anger and bitterness over the service thus far cause you to cut off your nose to spite your face?

Old 02-17-2011, 08:33 PM   #70
garweft
Quote:
You think that the legit thing for me to do is to send the animals back which will cost me $45-$60, as I don't receive quantity discounts like some of the others do, and then also lose the $40 from the top for what he paid to ship?? So this means (as I have said over, and over, and over, and over, and over as you put it) that I would gain absolutely nothing and in the end, pay $85- $100 just to have a miserable transaction?? You want to say that I seem like "a pain" because I keep mentioning the same things over and over?? I am mentioning them over and over because the few that have came out to support Corky, can't seem to understand my reasoning or are skimming over it when reading my posts. So, I ask of you Mathew, would you enter into a sell of an animal and then in the end, through no course of your own doing, end up with no animal, yet still shell out $100??
I know one thing. I would have continued to work with him toward a resolution instead of posting here the same day I received the replacements. He had not broken communication or left you high and dry. You never tried to figure out what was going on or work toward a resolution, you were more interested in bad mouthing and acting like a smart alec.

Talk about skimming over posts. You seem to hone in on me saying I think your difficult to work with. And somehow translate this into I am on the sellers side. When in each of my posts I clearly stated that he was wrong for substituting without checking first. Now with his offer of a complete refund including shipping both ways he will be the one taking the hit because of it and I must say he is doing the right thing. It's just unfortunate you couldn't handle it in a rational way.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!