Bad Guy Andrew Potts- I want my money back - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-10-2012, 11:09 AM   #31
reptilebaby
*don't see*

Old 04-10-2012, 11:23 AM   #32
Amelanistic Orca
Animals shouldn't die in transit. Period. Done right with 1" in an oversized box... Proper weather check on both ends.. It doesn't happen! Stop shipping if you're killing animals!

Old 04-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #33
Amelanistic Orca
Oh wait! I know why now.. Everybody hates $75-$100 shipping quotes.. So cutthroat breeders slam stuff in 1/4" laced boxes, as small as they can be, make it a $49 shipping add on, and Bingo! You're snake is dead!

Old 04-10-2012, 11:35 AM   #34
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilebaby View Post
I've NEVER been asked to send a dead body back, EVER.
well it's not completely uncommon for that request to be made. My one DOA, I did require the person to send the body back (I provided shipping label for the return) and then once I received back all funds (purchase price and original shipping) were refunded.

I think in this case finding out who actually requested the box to be destroyed would help. If it was the driver, maybe they can provide a statement explaining what they did and Mr Potts would accept that in leiu of the body since, well... it's impossible to get at this point.

those pics are sad, I don't understand what could have happened to the jaw. The box wasn't tampered with was it? (had it been opened and retaped?) Doesn't look like it in the photo but hard to tell.

Good luck.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:46 PM   #35
hadenglock
before anyone else thinks im in favor for the breeder with this situation, i am not. All im saying is that if it were me i would have done a little more to protect myself so i could say, "hey ive done all i could"! as for the tod, you'd be suprised how fast a body can deteriorate under the right conditions, which is why you should refridgerate the body (not freeze it) to slow the process. Live and learn because people will try to screw you for their own personal gain and im not saying you dont deserve a full refund because you do.

Old 04-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #36
Neon
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post

Also, it appears you did not look at the photos. That snake is most certainly dead and displays deterioration that is difficult to obtain in so short a period of time without being subjected to extreme heat.

Wanting the body returned after seeing photos like that is absurd, in my honest opinion.
It should also be quite obvious from the photos that it was his snake he had produced (4500$ is a hefty chunk of change for a quality reptile - you should know something of that quality is yours by looking at it). I wouldn't want to mail something that juicy looking back to a breeder just to prove it's deceased. It should be obvious from the photos to the breeder that it was his stock and it's quite obvious it's not living. I do understand both sides wanting to protect their individual investments, however.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:05 PM   #37
Robert Potts
Hello, First off let me say that Kevin Bailey, Sean Griffiths and Connor Gunnuz attempted to blackmail me by demanding I send them a replacement animal worth 2 to 3 times the value of the boa purchased or they were going to tell everyone that I wanted them to lie about the contents of the package so I could file a claim with FED EX.(I couldn't claim anything with Fed-ex because I didn't buy any insurance or declare a value) Even though I offered to replace the animal(had 4 more male 2011 OT Hytec het Sharps to choose from) I was informed by the gang it wasn't enough. Even If I refunded all the money they were going to ruin my reputation. The only way they weren't going to ruin my reputation is if I sent them an 2011 male Sharp Albino Aztec or a male Anery Aztec. The boa they bought cost $4500 and the boas I had to replace with were $8,000 and maybe as much as $12,000.

Can I send someone around 60 to 70 emails that have transpired since 9/16 with these 3 people and that person post them. Once you read all the e-mails you will think these guys are bad people. So if someone will help me I'll send the blackmail e-mail first.

As far as wanting the boa back, this was the first time this ever happened(a boa arrives dead) and considering the the fact they were first time buyers and some of the things they did in the past, I felt it wise to get him back. Like I said I have many many e-mails that will show these guys to be bad news times ten but first please someone help me so I can post the Blackmail e-mail. Andrew

Old 04-10-2012, 03:27 PM   #38
AGoodwin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Potts View Post
Hello, First off let me say that Kevin Bailey, Sean Griffiths and Connor Gunnuz attempted to blackmail me by demanding I send them a replacement animal .......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Potts View Post
As far as wanting the boa back, this was the first time this ever happened(a boa arrives dead) and considering the the fact they were first time buyers and some of the things they did in the past, I felt it wise to get him back. Like I said I have many many e-mails that will show these guys to be bad news times ten but first please someone help me so I can post the Blackmail e-mail. Andrew

Im confused. First of all, you say they are first time buyers, but yet you mention things they did in the past? if you knew they had a bad rep, why did you take their business? No to mention your statement makes it seem like this is not the first time they have done this to you, so that would first of all, not make them first time buyers and second of all, would not make it your first DOA.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:29 PM   #39
reptilebaby
The e-mails said that you were not even going to attempt to fix it unless you got the body back.

The snake is dead. It's obvious. Refund the money, and take care of the customer. If you would have done that instead of saying no, and if you had proof that you took care of it, then no matter what he said he wouldn't have been able to wreck your reputation.

It's plain and simple. If you take care of your customer, by refunding every penny, or of giving a new snake-exact same value, or if you wanted to be nice, a slightly more valuable animal, most people would see it as you tried to make him happy, but he was being unreasonable.

You are, right now, basically saying, you're not interested in making it right unless you get the body back, but the pictures show that it is dead. And it's been destroyed so you can't get the body back anyway. To most sellers, the pics would be plenty of evidence.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:41 PM   #40
Show Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodwin View Post
Im confused. First of all, you say they are first time buyers, but yet you mention things they did in the past? if you knew they had a bad rep, why did you take their business? No to mention your statement makes it seem like this is not the first time they have done this to you, so that would first of all, not make them first time buyers and second of all, would not make it your first DOA.
I think he was meant... first time they purchased from him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!