My first crested gecko eggs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-23-2005, 10:15 PM   #1
Xavier
My first crested gecko eggs

Wish me luck on these

Old 12-24-2005, 12:58 PM   #2
nicolai
You the man!!!! Great feeling isnt it??? How many crested do you have now xavier??

Old 12-24-2005, 02:29 PM   #3
Xavier
Thanks, I have but a single trio

Old 12-25-2005, 01:34 AM   #4
progeckos
That’s awesome news Xavier! I wish you the best of luck with them.

Old 12-25-2005, 04:49 PM   #5
nicolai
well if you ever come accross and true moonglows or real red ones at a good price let me know!!!

Old 12-26-2005, 10:23 AM   #6
Monte
Nice catch with the pix. The season is starting early - or ending late - for you with the cresteds.

I was cooling mine down the past two months - when I was having some issues. As I was holding one of my resting females, I swear I could palpate eggs in her abdomen. I had her out for quite a while, and must have warmed her up some - because that night she laid those two eggs - and 2 weeks later, they look fertile and healthy.

She has a history of retaining one last clutch - then laying it 24 hours after I heat up her cage again.

Another month, and I'm going to be starting to put my groups together - I can't wait for it to start!

Old 12-26-2005, 11:59 AM   #7
Xavier
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monte
Nice catch with the pix. The season is starting early - or ending late - for you with the cresteds.

I was cooling mine down the past two months - when I was having some issues. As I was holding one of my resting females, I swear I could palpate eggs in her abdomen. I had her out for quite a while, and must have warmed her up some - because that night she laid those two eggs - and 2 weeks later, they look fertile and healthy.

She has a history of retaining one last clutch - then laying it 24 hours after I heat up her cage again.

Another month, and I'm going to be starting to put my groups together - I can't wait for it to start!
Hey Monte,
Well I'd call it an early season, I found 2 infertile eggs in her cage and decided to put her in with my male right then. They where together for a week or two and then she was placed back in her cage with a next box and a week or so later I got eggs. I don't expect much more from her seeing that she isn't with the male but I maye put them together again in January.

Old 12-29-2005, 11:37 AM   #8
OBES
Congrats on the eggs!! Just wait until they hatch!! They are the cutest little things!!!!!!

Mine laid eggs on Sept 17th and they hatched on Thanksgiving day! I have 2 more eggs that she laid on November 17th.....so anxiously awaiting Jan 26th when they should hatch......

Old 12-29-2005, 01:41 PM   #9
CrazyRhacos
NICE......their fast little guy...they can run..their pretty cool...

Old 12-30-2005, 04:30 PM   #10
sircat
congrats and good luck
yeah...I'm waiting for mine to start laying again...haven't had new babies for a while and miss seeing the little ones hatch...need my baby fix lol

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!