1.0 False Water Cobra - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Venomous Snakes

Notices

Old 12-01-2009, 12:14 PM   #11
mainbutter
For anyone who is concerned about FWC's venom, I recommend giving Nigel Marven a call:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJIIVrkLBrQ

Old 12-06-2009, 09:40 PM   #12
jab_513
Their venom is pretty potent! They lack a good delivery system so they do not inject much at all, but symptoms still happen. It is true they inject more venom as they chew becuase they have rear fangs. they are not harmless.... wont kill you but could still hurt

Old 12-08-2009, 08:14 PM   #13
David77774
i am new to this form ,but reading some of the post, I don't know what to think?
hear is one gentleman trying to sell a FWC , and now we have another member that is questioning him about shipping and not helping with the sell . if some one is so uneducated on this snake maybe they should start a thread instead of wasting the sellers time. when they have no intention of buying the snake . just like another thread some jerk putting his opinion on the value of another's snakes .I have keep FWC before and I enjoy them a lot . i enjoy keeping rear fang snakes and when we have complete idiots running there mouth off saying they should be shipped like a pit viper this causes a gray area on shipping . this only hurts the hobby.

Old 12-10-2009, 04:47 PM   #14
ApexJake
Quote:
Originally Posted by David77774 View Post
i am new to this form ,but reading some of the post, I don't know what to think?
hear is one gentleman trying to sell a FWC , and now we have another member that is questioning him about shipping and not helping with the sell . if some one is so uneducated on this snake maybe they should start a thread instead of wasting the sellers time. when they have no intention of buying the snake . just like another thread some jerk putting his opinion on the value of another's snakes .I have keep FWC before and I enjoy them a lot . i enjoy keeping rear fang snakes and when we have complete idiots running there mouth off saying they should be shipped like a pit viper this causes a gray area on shipping . this only hurts the hobby.
couldnt have said it better

Old 12-10-2009, 05:09 PM   #15
TropicalSerpent
Indeed,I know a little about them,Its amazing how People think they are harmful when Their Venom cant even take a rat down half the time,And it does hurt the hobby Like the movies and media want making snakes out to be the killer they are not,Thats a Fantastic looking snake I deff want it but I just dont haev the money maybe after the next food bill I may have some left over always wanted one of my own on Display,Its at a fair price as well.

Old 12-11-2009, 04:47 AM   #16
Efigs2007
Whoa ok I'm sorry guys but I felt i had to step in. FWC aren't known to be deadly to people but if they bite you they still have a toxic venom far greater then that of a Hog-nosed snake. A False Water Cobra does have a serious bite and if it did happen to tag you it wouldn't be something you can shrug off and say oh its no big deal like you could if you were bitten by a Garter Snake. And who ever thinks that rear fanged snakes arent dangerous are very, very mistaken. Snakes like Boomslangs or even Mangrove snakes are dangerous if you are bitten. I do not know of any deaths from a rear fanged snake but i know i wouldnt want to get bitten by one. You might not die but become sick enough to wish you were dead. Be careful even with the rear fanged ven's people. Hope that was helpful =)

Old 12-11-2009, 12:35 PM   #17
Brian3636
Ok, I didnt know this listing would start a war in here. A few years ago I went down to TN to get this guy and I talked with his breeder. He was writing a research paper on their venom. He let one of his full grown males chew on his arm for 10 minutes to document it. What he got was localised swelling and some minor brusing that laster no longer then a few hours. Now I was probably a bit hastey saying theyre harmless since their venom effects everyone differently. I'd call a bee harmless but the guy next to me whose allergic to them would call them deadly. Treat these guys like any other hot, if your sensitive to their venom or not.
That being said, he is no longer for sale. There was an incident with some people who came over to adjust my furnace. they jumped my thermostat and forgot to reset it so my furnace ran full blast all day while I was at work. I got home to a house that was well over 100*F. My spilotes was already dead when I got there and this guys cage was 115+ on the cool side. Luckily my cribo's heat lamp burnt out so hes fine. I'm holding onto him untill I can clear that there was no internal damage done to him. last thing I wanna do is sell someone a doomed snake. Thanks for all the info hapefully someone can read this post and learn a thing or two.

Brian
  Contact User Check User
Old 12-11-2009, 06:49 PM   #18
David77774
if it was the Nashville zoo or the pet shop next to it then you have some relatives to my FWC
and yes i`v been bitten by the FWC and the mangrove , just some swelling .
now the boomslang completely different snake . not aggressive but very dangerous

Old 01-14-2010, 06:47 PM   #19
lovin2act
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian3636 View Post
...he is no longer for sale. There was an incident with some people who came over to adjust my furnace. they jumped my thermostat and forgot to reset it so my furnace ran full blast all day while I was at work. I got home to a house that was well over 100*F. My spilotes was already dead when I got there and this guys cage was 115+ on the cool side. Luckily my cribo's heat lamp burnt out so hes fine. I'm holding onto him untill I can clear that there was no internal damage done to him. last thing I wanna do is sell someone a doomed snake. Thanks for all the info hapefully someone can read this post and learn a thing or two....

Brian

Wow thats horrible!!! How is he faring now? Sorry about your spilotes

Old 03-15-2010, 04:39 PM   #20
rhombomaculatus
trades

I have both captive born venomous and non venomous with surplus on the way from many pairs of breeders. If interested contact Rhombomaculatus.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!