Bad Guy Ty park/ ty lizards FL - Page 195 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-03-2017, 05:37 PM   #1941
Sugarhedgie
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowflakeTyler View Post
I give the OP credit for standing up to Ty. After reading and taking everything in and even reading what he's been posting on social media, it's truly obvious that he's in the wrong. He got greedy and now people are seeing his true colors.

Thank you for standing up to him OP. I realize it's not the easiest thing to do considering he has thousands of "fans" we need more people like you to speak up against people like him.

I created this account just to post this. I felt I had to say something to you, OP. Good job.

THANK YOU.

What he posts on his fb is not accurate and/or missing facts and when anyone calls him out he deletes and blocks them. But you can do that in fb , you can't here

his one comment on here is #77

Old 06-05-2017, 12:20 AM   #1942
MesoCorney
I have watched this thread from the beginning and thought I would interject a different point of view. I can understand the want for a flawless transaction for a business transaction but this was not a business transaction, this was a charity raffle for a good cause and I think there deserved to be more understanding than was given. I personally would never buy a charity raffle ticket because I expected to get a certain prize but because I want to support the cause. Even if I did win I would absolutely be understanding if some issue occurred with the prize I supposedly won, especially if the new prize I was offered was worth well more than what I paid for the ticket.

Now from Ty's point of view, not that I have met him, I can definitely see how he was upset by the apparent lack of appreciation when he attempted to do something for the community. You donate several fairly expensive animals to benefit a charity out of the good of your heart. Then once your breeding plans don't work out you have to put together another solution by finding someone else to supply the animals. At this point I do think Ty should have done a better job of protecting himself in case a situation like this occurred, but I think he got caught up in the charity goodness. One of the three people is upset they are not getting exactly what they feel they deserve even though they paid much less than the animal is worth for a ticket. I would be more than annoyed at this point and would certainly be questioning the character of the person. After that you tell the person you will send them an animal, knowing that you are sending an animal worth even more, and again the person unfriendly refuses. To be honest I don't think I would want my animals in this person's home as we. I think Ty did fire off some cheap shots after this, which was not the best move. I think after the court case is settled the thing that is really going to suffer the most from this is the charity that this was all supposed to help in the first place, unfortunately.

Old 06-05-2017, 03:20 AM   #1943
DavidBeard
Goodness of his heart? LOL.....I've got one thing to say: tax write-off.

Quote:
After that you tell the person you will send them an animal, knowing that you are sending an animal worth even more, and again the person unfriendly refuses.
You've missed some major plot points in this thread......Michelle never refused anything, Ty refused to tell her what he was sending her as some kind of obtuse "test" he deemed necessary after he failed to meet his end of the raffle.

Basically you're saying its ok to run an illegal raffle & not deliver on your terms.....because of "good intentions"? Wow....

Old 06-05-2017, 04:30 AM   #1944
caffeinecynic
Quote:
Originally Posted by MesoCorney View Post
I have watched this thread from the beginning and thought I would interject a different point of view. I can understand the want for a flawless transaction for a business transaction but this was not a business transaction, this was a charity raffle for a good cause and I think there deserved to be more understanding than was given. I personally would never buy a charity raffle ticket because I expected to get a certain prize but because I want to support the cause. Even if I did win I would absolutely be understanding if some issue occurred with the prize I supposedly won, especially if the new prize I was offered was worth well more than what I paid for the ticket.

Now from Ty's point of view, not that I have met him, I can definitely see how he was upset by the apparent lack of appreciation when he attempted to do something for the community. You donate several fairly expensive animals to benefit a charity out of the good of your heart. Then once your breeding plans don't work out you have to put together another solution by finding someone else to supply the animals. At this point I do think Ty should have done a better job of protecting himself in case a situation like this occurred, but I think he got caught up in the charity goodness. One of the three people is upset they are not getting exactly what they feel they deserve even though they paid much less than the animal is worth for a ticket. I would be more than annoyed at this point and would certainly be questioning the character of the person. After that you tell the person you will send them an animal, knowing that you are sending an animal worth even more, and again the person unfriendly refuses. To be honest I don't think I would want my animals in this person's home as we. I think Ty did fire off some cheap shots after this, which was not the best move. I think after the court case is settled the thing that is really going to suffer the most from this is the charity that this was all supposed to help in the first place, unfortunately.
Just commenting with this:

If I was entering a charity raffle, it would absolutely be a combination of wanting to support the cause and wanting a chance, however slim, at winning the animal.

If all I wanted to do was support the cause, I'm sure that they have a donate button on their FB or website.

The whole point of the charity raffle is for the animal itself and yes, knowing what you're receiving does matter. Bait and switch is a thing.

Old 06-05-2017, 05:12 AM   #1945
Lucille
Quote:
I think after the court case is settled the thing that is really going to suffer the most from this is the charity that this was all supposed to help in the first place, unfortunately.
You mean the IRCF? Yes, in my opinion (predicted much earlier in this thread) Ty can throw them under the bus by saying (despite all the talk/pleadings of running the raffle) that he was merely a supplier and thus they should bear the legal responsibility of awarding the advertised prizes to winners.

Of course, they can always sue him.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:22 AM   #1946
MesoCorney
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidBeard View Post
Goodness of his heart? LOL.....I've got one thing to say: tax write-off.

You've missed some major plot points in this thread......Michelle never refused anything, Ty refused to tell her what he was sending her as some kind of obtuse "test" he deemed necessary after he failed to meet his end of the raffle.

Basically you're saying its ok to run an illegal raffle & not deliver on your terms.....because of "good intentions"? Wow....
With that qoute I was referring to how he said he would find the same animal from a different breeder and the op demanded a Ty Park animal. I am saying that this situation should afford more patience and understanding because of good intentions, please do not put words in my mouth.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:32 AM   #1947
MesoCorney
Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeinecynic View Post
Just commenting with this:

If I was entering a charity raffle, it would absolutely be a combination of wanting to support the cause and wanting a chance, however slim, at winning the animal.

If all I wanted to do was support the cause, I'm sure that they have a donate button on their FB or website.

The whole point of the charity raffle is for the animal itself and yes, knowing what you're receiving does matter. Bait and switch is a thing.
I guess we have different intentions when entering a raffle. To me I would enter a raffle because I appreciate the work that goes into putting it together to bring attention to the cause, any prize would be secondary. I do not believe the bait and switch was ever Ty's plan as the two other winners ended up with animals that worth more than was advertised.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
You mean the IRCF? Yes, in my opinion (predicted much earlier in this thread) Ty can throw them under the bus by saying (despite all the talk/pleadings of running the raffle) that he was merely a supplier and thus they should bear the legal responsibility of awarding the advertised prizes to winners.

Of course, they can always sue him.
That could happen, sure, but I don't think it will. I was more thinking the chance of losing an important donor. Regardless of what his reputation is here, he still garnishes quite a bit of respect in the industry. Also the bad publicity the charity has received by being attached to this.

Old 06-05-2017, 07:42 AM   #1948
MesoCorney
Quote:
With that qoute I was referring to how he said he would find the same animal from a different breeder and the op demanded a Ty Park animal. I am saying that this situation should afford more patience and understanding because of good intentions, please do not put words in my mouth.
Ugh it's early, sorry I somehow misread you're qoute of my statement. The rest of my statement stands. I think you are really over playing what has to gain from a tax write off from this.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:03 AM   #1949
SnowflakeTyler
Lol Ty might of done this out of "goodness of heart." But you'd be irrational if you think he didn't have anything to gain from this, aka tax right off or even money back into his pocket.

Ty screwed up and he was caught. Thank god it was by someone who would ultimately stand up to him.

Just because someone has been proactive and "trustworthy" in the past doesn't mean he hasn't ever done someone wrong.

I'm never doing business with him because of how he treated the OP and I'm sure my friends and family won't either. They've all seen this thread.

Old 06-05-2017, 08:35 AM   #1950
MesoCorney
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowflakeTyler View Post
Lol Ty might of done this out of "goodness of heart." But you'd be irrational if you think he didn't have anything to gain from this, aka tax right off or even money back into his pocket.

Ty screwed up and he was caught. Thank god it was by someone who would ultimately stand up to him.

Just because someone has been proactive and "trustworthy" in the past doesn't mean he hasn't ever done someone wrong.

I'm never doing business with him because of how he treated the OP and I'm sure my friends and family won't either. They've all seen this thread.
It is far from irrational to think he has little to gain from a tax write off from this. With the amount of business expenses it takes taking care of as many animals as Ty owns a few thousand dollars in write offs is small change. Even if you believe that this thread will effect the sales of these animals, which I don't think it will to a noticeable degree, he had no problem selling them when he donated them. I am fairly sure there is still a long waiting list for this type of animal. I do think he has made some mistakes, I just don't think this entire picture paints the op as infallible as many here seem to think.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
raffle, tegu