Rich Z (WebSlave) - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 07-26-2022, 06:20 PM   #71
bcr229
Glad it all worked out!

Now take it easy and recover tomorrow. Please.

Old 07-26-2022, 08:00 PM   #72
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Glad it all worked out!

Now take it easy and recover tomorrow. Please.
I'll try to. Only thing on the agenda is to take Connie to her chemo treatment. Normally I drop her off in the morning, stay with her till the blood work checks out, then head back home. Then run back late in the afternoon after treatment is done to pick her up.

Oh yeah. The light switch in the kitchen range hood broke and I was going to try to figure out if I could fix it while she wasn't around worrying about me.

The hood is 30 years old, so no telling if we even kept the install instructions, much less where they may be. Nothing I could find online was any help. I don't much like doing "hunt and peck" sorts of repairs, because many times you have to break it in order to figure out how it was designed to come apart. Been there, done that...

Or I could just give Connie one of my head mounted lamps and she can wear that when working on the stove.

Old 07-27-2022, 07:21 AM   #73
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Or I could just give Connie one of my head mounted lamps and she can wear that when working on the stove.
Or figure out how to mount a little LED battery-powered light up there.

Old 07-27-2022, 11:37 AM   #74
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Or figure out how to mount a little LED battery-powered light up there.
Funny you should mention that. She wants to hang a strand of Christmas lights there.

Old 07-27-2022, 12:47 PM   #75
Lucille
I have a plug in strand of LED lights over the bathroom mirror that I leave on all the time, good light for pennies a year.

Old 07-28-2022, 02:42 AM   #76
WebSlave
Well, I didn't have another heart attack this morning, so I guess I didn't push myself too hard yesterday clearing around the well pump.

I think I have had enough of seeing emergency rooms and hospital rooms for a while. And hoping Connie can stay out of those places too. She had chemo today, and appears to be feeling OK. Got to take her back in tomorrow for another shot for the blood cell booster she is getting after each chemo treatment. Hopefully that won't be bad on her.

Honestly, going to that place and seeing so many people taking chemo treatments for their cancers is rather unnerving. I really REALLY hate that Connie has to go to a place like that. The people there try to be upbeat, but still.... It is a place that NO one would ever want to have to go to.

Old 07-28-2022, 02:43 AM   #77
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
Oh yeah. The light switch in the kitchen range hood broke and I was going to try to figure out if I could fix it while she wasn't around worrying about me.
Oh yeah, about that kitchen range hood. I decided to just take a nap instead.

Old 08-08-2022, 02:12 PM   #78
WebSlave
Well, I am still alive...

Got an appointment to see my cardiologist this week, but not sure what he will do beyond just listening to my heart beat and asking me how I am doing. I am planning on trying to take it easy (relatively speaking) for a month after that last surgery, but honestly I REALLY have to be getting outside and doing some yard work. With the rain we have been having, the jungle is trying to take over. But I am trying to be good.

I did have to climb up into the attic early this week to replace a UV element in the AC air handler. It was out, and I wanted that thing working to help keep the air as clean as possible in the house. I have six air purifiers running too. I figure with all that going on, any pathogens that sneak into the house don't have a chance at getting at Connie.

I do get to walk down to the mailbox about every day, and deal with hauling the trash receptacles down to the end of the driveway every week. Picked some fruits off of a couple of the Asian pear trees before the varmints could eat them all. So yeah, I really am trying to be sedate for this month.

Been reading a book, but honestly after about a half hour of that, my eyes get heavy and I wind up taking a nap. Can't keep this up for too long or I am just going to get lazy. I have already gained a couple of pounds, being up to 154 this morning. I guess when I finally can get out to do yard work, my muscles are going to be yelping like crazy afterwards. So I will have to slide into it gradually and not get to carried away at first.

Oh, I ordered a set of walkie-talkies the other day. When I am outside working, I want to be able to have Connie get a hold of me if she needs to in a hurry. Even inside the house, with these air purifiers going, I really can't hear her from one side of the house to the other. So they will come in handy.

As for my mental state, well, life seems pretty ugly to me. I don't like looking into the future, so I try real hard not to. Long term to me now is like maybe two days in the future. Beyond that just doesn't exist for me. That period where either Connie or myself was going through some health crisis or another burned out my long term view of things. I actually really appreciate looking back and thinking that neither one of us had to go to the hospital or the ER in the past week or so. Of course, Connie still has her weekly visits to the oncology center. The last time I was there I had the weirdest feeling come over me. I found myself wishing that I just had the power to heal all of those people there. No one deserves cancer. I really wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Ah, going into rambling mode now. Rich Z, out...

Old 08-09-2022, 06:08 PM   #79
JColt
Glad you and Connie doing OK. I just got back from doctors and they want to run more stuff. I told him he's running out of places to put his fingers. Nurse giggled a bit. He mentioned my bp was higher than last time but nothing crazy. I said that may have to do with getting here at 10:50 for 11:00 appointment and then waiting in a room by myself till 11:45.

Old 08-09-2022, 09:00 PM   #80
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by JColt View Post
Glad you and Connie doing OK. I just got back from doctors and they want to run more stuff. I told him he's running out of places to put his fingers. Nurse giggled a bit. He mentioned my bp was higher than last time but nothing crazy. I said that may have to do with getting here at 10:50 for 11:00 appointment and then waiting in a room by myself till 11:45.
Yeah, apparently cardiologists do this all of the time. Generates business for them, I guess. The longer they make you wait, the higher your blood pressure is going to get.

Let's see how long I sit in the waiting room tomorrow.....

Connie and I are both compiling logs of our blood pressure results for each day. Numbers are all over the place. She takes multiple readings per day, but I settle for just one. Yet you go to the doctor's office and already being rather apprehensive being there, your blood pressure registers as being high and they are ready to jump on giving you a prescription for blood pressure meds.

Must be a LOT of money in the commissions for prescribing medications, I guess.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!