Info Rodney Miller - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-27-2016, 11:42 AM   #1
IvoryExotics
Rodney Miller

Info Post - Rodney Miller

Ill admit Im disappointed about my transaction with Rodney Miller. He had advertised a 2015 female GHI ball python at 400g for $280 plus shipping (my total came to $328 shipped). When she arrived she looked small so I weighed her and she’s sitting at 273g. I told Rodney of the discrepancy and he said he had listed a different animals weight in the ad. I did ask for a partial refund because I got a significantly smaller female than expected and was told inaccurate weights are part of the hobby and I should be happy she’s healthy.

Before the purchase I did look up reviews on the seller and everything looked good, but in my case there was a significant lacking in the customer service department. Hopefully he was just having a bad day.
Attached Images

Old 04-27-2016, 12:32 PM   #2
CwnAnnwn
I understand your position, he clearly mislabeled the python.

I understand his position. You will have to wait another 2-3 years and have dozens of feedings to make up for that 30%. he does not think a 127 gram difference is much considering how long you will have to wait to breed anyway.

But he still lied.

Lets set that side for a minute.

Well the first question I have to ask, what would anyone think is a fair price for a 273 gram female GHI het hypo.

Now lets talk about the lie here. How many days/months/years did he waste of your time by offering you a 127 gram smaller female?

Lastly, what price will you settle for?

Old 04-27-2016, 12:37 PM   #3
IvoryExotics
He actually saw the review and has offered to have her shipped back at his cost, which Im planning to take advantage of. Hopefully this works for everyone.

Im sure he can sell her for this price, at the correct size to someone else at the listed price (though he really needs to edit that she is a pos het, not a het). The price seems about right for me. The problem was I was looking specifically for a slightly larger female, 400g was about the minimum I would have considered. If I had known her actual weight I wouldnt have bought her. Hopefully me sending her back is acceptable for both of us.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:00 PM   #4
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by aalomon View Post
Im sure he can sell her for this price, at the correct size to someone else at the listed price (though he really needs to edit that she is a pos het, not a het). The price seems about right for me. The problem was I was looking specifically for a slightly larger female, 400g was about the minimum I would have considered. If I had known her actual weight I wouldnt have bought her. Hopefully me sending her back is acceptable for both of us.
Do you have a screen shot where he says she's pos het and not het as stated in the ad? And when you paid for her did you know she was a pos het? To me that's a bigger deal than the weight issue.

Old 04-27-2016, 08:21 PM   #5
IvoryExotics
Luckily I asked before buying so I did know. I was a little disappointed but the size and price still seemed ok for me. Now she's not even the right weight.

I'm still waiting for the return label but he said he needs to talk to another customer first.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!