Bad Guy Kathryn Wrubel - katiscresteds.com - Page 19 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-28-2016, 03:44 PM   #181
JumpinJewels
Glad to see this being resolved. Elvis will be back home with the seller and all parties can move on. Safe journey Elvis!

Old 04-28-2016, 03:55 PM   #182
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by senusenu View Post
If we are conducting a business transaction, and use PayPal, they deserve their cut...

I don't think buyers are necessarily aware of this, though. If they've never sold anything, they may not know how the fees work. If they do know, and choose to subvert it, then that's on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraftingDreams View Post
Here is the deal...

1. sending friends and family for a purchase is against paypal TOS as well. While you CAN do it.. if you get caught sending, its not a good end result for you or the buyer.

I see your point that buyers may not know how fees work. But if the fees are not paid, I think that one could deduce that Paypal is not getting them.

In any case, this buyer was aware, at least, that it was against the Paypal TOS.

Old 04-28-2016, 04:03 PM   #183
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpinJewels View Post
Glad to see this being resolved.

Old 04-28-2016, 05:11 PM   #184
CraftingDreams
Sorry I didn't respond sooner.. was rushing to get my son to Karate. It's there, thank you.

I will start working on it on this end. I have everything ready for him, I just need to find a way to get to fed ex? Later in the day so he's in the box less. I'll give a call tomorrow and find out how it all works on my end. Thank you again.

Old 04-28-2016, 06:28 PM   #185
Samantha12986
For a small fee, Fedex will come pick the box up at your house if you're unable to find transportation there.

Old 04-28-2016, 06:50 PM   #186
CraftingDreams
I will give them a call.. that might work out. I'll find out more tomorrow...

Old 04-28-2016, 07:46 PM   #187
Marie84
Very glad to see this being resolved as amicably as it can be.

Good on both the seller and buyer for doing the right thing.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:02 PM   #188
Black Adder
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha12986 View Post
For a small fee, Fedex will come pick the box up at your house if you're unable to find transportation there.
Not sure if it varies by state but here in North Florida ,Fedex will NOT pick up a live reptile from your house.
They have to be dropped off at one of the main hubs
And either you have to be an approved shipper or it is done using one of the two known shipping services, SYR or RepEx, hopefully when Kati makes the prepaid label it will be through one of those.

Old 04-28-2016, 10:31 PM   #189
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samantha12986 View Post
As far as I know, FedEx will not pick up an animal from your house. You MUST take it to a main hub to drop it off and make sure it gets scanned in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
Not sure if it varies by state but here in North Florida ,Fedex will NOT pick up a live reptile from your house.
And either you have to be an approved shipper or it is done using one of the two known shipping services, SYR or RepEx, hopefully when Kati makes the prepaid label it will be through one of those.
Like I said; I know here that they require you to take it to a main hub. The rep on the phone will refuse to set up a pick-up for an animal.

Old 04-28-2016, 11:18 PM   #190
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Adder View Post
I'm pretty sure if has to be an approved shipper in any state. But SYR will set up a pick up at the house using their service. You just have to call them that morning. I've done this before when I didn't have a car to use one day. Otherwise, it does have to be a hub because most store locations will not take it either. Not sure how Rep Express works, but I would think it would be similar to SYR. If the OP is getting the shipping label from the seller, she will want to find out if a service is being used or not.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!