Inquiry Matt Olsen _ A cut Above Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-28-2011, 05:22 PM   #1
minguss
Matt Olsen _ A cut Above Reptiles

Any body done business with him.
He has a beautiful boa I'm interested in

thanks for any info

Old 01-29-2011, 07:23 PM   #2
minguss
Wow nothing

Old 03-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #3
hhmoore
2 months later.....time to bring it back up to the top.
Anybody have any input on Matt/A Cut Above Reptiles?

Old 03-25-2011, 12:51 PM   #4
minguss
Here is his website
http://www.acutabovereptiles.com/

His partner Zach Bevens replied via email, and I talk to him over the phone a few times. Zach was friendly and courteous. I could not work it in to my budget at the time. It was also not an addition I was planning for, or really worked with my breeding project so I let it go.

Old 03-25-2011, 02:37 PM   #5
California Breeders Union
I have never bought anything from Matt or Zach, but they have bought a lot of animals from me. They have always paid when they said they would, and have always been courteous and professional.

Have you considered emailing them asking for references?

Regards,
Jordan Russell

Old 03-25-2011, 03:56 PM   #6
hhmoore
Thanks for sharing your experiences with them.

I don't doubt they could provide references that would say they were great...whether those names would mean anything to me might be a different matter (I'd only follow through with people whose opinion I was interested in, anyway)
This is an easy way to try to get a feel for people while awaiting a response to a preliminary email.

Old 03-27-2011, 03:04 AM   #8
KingBowser
I inquired about some Venezuelan boas he had for sale on kingsnake and he was friendly, however when I asked for individual pics of each boa I never got a reply. Initially, he said that he would send them to me...after a week I sent him a follow-up asking about pics and I got no response, so who knows.

Old 03-27-2011, 09:24 AM   #9
Heart and Soul Reptiles
I believe it was Matt who had talked to me early in 2010 and was very interested in our Pandora's when we brought them out. We talked on a few occasions on the phone about genetics and a few projects he had going on as well, but we never exchanged any animals in either direction. Last time we talked he had to cut our conversation short as he found his female had dropped her litter when he went to check on her!
He was very courteous and seemed generally knowledgeable about his animals.
Hope someone will be able to come forward with an experience!

Old 08-28-2011, 02:20 AM   #10
Savina
I just bought an absolutely beautiful ghost ball python and an adorable, healthy little crested gecko from these guys. They stayed up late to accommodate my odd schedule, were so nice and very helpful! They showed me several of their beautiful boas and told me about some pretty awesome sounding projects. All the cages/ racks were exceptionally clean and I visited them in the middle of a move! All of the animals looked very healthy and well cared for. These guys are sweethearts and really care for their animals. I highly recommend them to anyone

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!