Bad Guy Paul's Reptile Circus/Paul Larosa - Sickening Husbandry & Neglected Reptiles - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-25-2012, 04:50 AM   #31
RegenerationReptiles
Paul has agreed to give up some of his animals. I know 2-3 are going to a woman near him, a few animals are going to a petstore, and the savannah monitor is coming to me. That is, if it makes it through shipping and if he actually ships it

Old 11-25-2012, 05:23 AM   #32
Kingofspades
While that is "good" news..."some" is not enough. He shouldn't be allowed to have a cactus, let alone animals.

Old 11-25-2012, 09:37 AM   #33
Amelanistic Orca
The two Az Species are gonna need some massive help... The Chuckwalla and the Desert Iquana. The 40W bulb above them will not get them to the 110 degrees plus they need.

I know a spot out here on the Ca/Az border where these are prevalent... Only, when its 115 out or more. They are not out, unless its screaming hot out!

Old 11-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #34
Snake-Queen
I wanted to cry!

I easily have 10x the amount of animals he does & NONE of my enclosures look like that.

Old 11-25-2012, 11:50 AM   #35
Stephen Brown
I am from Texas all I can say is Get a ROPE

Old 11-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #36
aSnakeLovinBabe
Well when I had last checked, He had uploaded a few pictures of slightly better conditions for about 4 animals. Then he had admitted that he had more than he could handle, and had posted that he has agreed to give up most of his animals and various people were talking about the animals he was sending them. At least it was something, when he could have simply blocked everyone and pretended nothing happened. I didn't get to take any screen caps though... Unfortunately, it appears that some overzealous members on facebook took it to the next level by commenting on his personal pictures of himself and such, calling him ugly, fat, unkept, retarded, etc, etc. That's probably part of the reason he has now disappeared off facebook entirely. Telling a person they're doing terrible things to these animals, is one thing. But personally attacking his looks and such was a bad move on many people's part as it makes the reptile community look like inadequate, uneducated, finger-pointing nimrods. It has nothing to do with his husbandry. I'm pretty disappointed right now. Does he need to rehome his animals? Yes... but did people really have to insult his looks?

Now, who knows what will happen to those animals! I sure hope everyone who was taking all that time to call him fat and stupid took the time to call some phone numbers and get those animals some help.

Old 11-26-2012, 12:01 AM   #37
Pasodama
I agree. From what you have written, about what has been said/done, it is very disappointing that some had to take it to a personal, and very unprofessional, level.
While I can understand the high emotions, that this situation can bring about, taking such personal "shots" does the animals, and the reptile community, no favors.
If Paul is finding new/better homes, for his animals, I commend him for doing the right thing. I just pray that he really is re-homing his animals and will continue to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSnakeLovinBabe View Post
Well when I had last checked, He had uploaded a few pictures of slightly better conditions for about 4 animals. Then he had admitted that he had more than he could handle, and had posted that he has agreed to give up most of his animals and various people were talking about the animals he was sending them. At least it was something, when he could have simply blocked everyone and pretended nothing happened. I didn't get to take any screen caps though... Unfortunately, it appears that some overzealous members on facebook took it to the next level by commenting on his personal pictures of himself and such, calling him ugly, fat, unkept, retarded, etc, etc. That's probably part of the reason he has now disappeared off facebook entirely. Telling a person they're doing terrible things to these animals, is one thing. But personally attacking his looks and such was a bad move on many people's part as it makes the reptile community look like inadequate, uneducated, finger-pointing nimrods. It has nothing to do with his husbandry. I'm pretty disappointed right now. Does he need to rehome his animals? Yes... but did people really have to insult his looks?

Now, who knows what will happen to those animals! I sure hope everyone who was taking all that time to call him fat and stupid took the time to call some phone numbers and get those animals some help.

Old 11-26-2012, 01:43 PM   #38
ace_cowgirl2008
He was supposed to have been rehoming a lot of his animal's. I was supposed to get the Mountain Horn, the Rat Snake, the Milk snake, the Sand Boa, and a few other animal's.

I just got off the phone with Paul of Reptile Circus. He stated that Animal control came and seized a large portion of his animals. Im not sure if what he is stating is true or not, Because he changed his story at least 3 time's in the 5 minute phone conversation.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:14 PM   #39
Lucille
I just sent a link to this thread to Animal Control. LauraB also posted the phone number to Animal Control a few posts above if you want to call and check his story.

Old 11-26-2012, 02:31 PM   #40
aSnakeLovinBabe
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace_cowgirl2008 View Post
He was supposed to have been rehoming a lot of his animal's. I was supposed to get the Mountain Horn, the Rat Snake, the Milk snake, the Sand Boa, and a few other animal's.

I just got off the phone with Paul of Reptile Circus. He stated that Animal control came and seized a large portion of his animals. Im not sure if what he is stating is true or not, Because he changed his story at least 3 time's in the 5 minute phone conversation.
That is really interesting. I am wondering if they would be able to verify that. Thanks for letting us know.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!