New to Venomous - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-28-2004, 06:12 PM   #11
psilocybe
Quote:
Originally posted by A3reptiles.com
I have had many years dealing with aggressive, non-venomous snakes, including A. Rock pythons, Burms, Retics, and many aggressive Boas. As for the Vet, I have a vet that I use that specializes in reptile care, he was the head reptile vet at the L.Park Zoo in Chicago for many years. I have hooks, tongs and tubes. Is there anything other advice you can give? I have talked to Mike Jolliff about the species (Gaboons and E. Diamondbacks) he said that they were good choices for first timers, does anyone dissagree?

Thanks for the help
I have a very, very hard time believing that Mike Joliff would dole out such dangerous lines as "gaboons and EDB's are good starter hots"...While I am a firm believer that the best first hot is the one you are most comfortable with, a gaboon is very rarely the first hot one gains experience with. As Gregg mentioned, they are highly unpredictable, and if they strike while you are in range, they rarely if ever miss. In other words, by the time your brain processes that something is not quite right, you'll already have been bitten and most likely envenomated...NOT FUN, unless your idea of fun is a lengthy hospital stay or eternity six feet under. Start slow, you'll be glad you did later.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!