Naming of crested geckos? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
Lucille
Naming of crested geckos?

I have noticed when reading some crested gecko ads that many have cute names. I haven't seen the same in ads for bearded dragons, or ball pythons, etc.
Why is this?

Old 08-15-2012, 01:24 AM   #2
Spyral
Cute names as in their own names like Sir Fluffycakes or morph names like flame or harlequin?

Crestie owners loooove giving our babies cute names! I think it's a form of insanity, with mild to extreme cases.

Old 08-16-2012, 12:14 AM   #3
jeskajohn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyral View Post
Cute names as in their own names like Sir Fluffycakes or morph names like flame or harlequin?

Crestie owners loooove giving our babies cute names! I think it's a form of insanity, with mild to extreme cases.
Haha very true. I try to stick to “cool” sounding names but I got some comments on naming one of my geckos Uruk...

Old 08-20-2012, 12:21 PM   #4
312Herps
all my geckos are named Sanskrit words or names.I just like the way they sound.

Old 08-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #5
Untaimed
Since they each have their own unique, quirky & silly personalities, it's just natural for them to have unique/quirky names, lol!

Old 08-20-2012, 01:31 PM   #6
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyral View Post
Sir Fluffycakes
I LOVE this name

Old 08-20-2012, 01:55 PM   #7
rcarichter
I've never thought about it, but really, only one of my cresties has a name (Bubbles), and she had it when I bought her. I have many species of geckos, and haven't named any of them. My dogs, parrots, tortoises, frogs, even my tarantula all have names. I guess being a breeder, I don't consider very many of them permanent residents. Is that terrible? I hope not.

Noelle

Old 08-20-2012, 03:53 PM   #8
jeskajohn
It helps you from getting attached. Plus they come and go so fast that you can’t really decide a name based on personality so it would probably be something random anyway. I just enjoy naming things but I haven’t even named the clutch of emerald swifts that were born three weeks ago...

Old 08-30-2012, 11:00 AM   #9
pei8147
I've always named my pets. If I had a large collection, I would skip it, but keeping a small group lets me do it.

I can honestly say naming geckos is a great marketing technique if you are a regular on some forums. The crested community actually recognizes a lot of the nicer animals by name.

Will

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!