I need feeder frogs - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Feed and Feeders For Sale/Wanted

Notices

Old 04-18-2015, 08:01 PM   #1
bmwdirtracer
I need feeder frogs

Does anybody have feeder frogs for sale? I have Indigos that really and truly love frogs. I have quail, chicks, mice, rats, but can only get the occasional frog on a damp cool morning.

Many thanks!
Chris
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-18-2015, 08:31 PM   #2
Nathan Tow-Arnett
Chris, I have lizard eaters that snuff at mice. I take trips to Florida just to collect invasive anoles and bring them back frozen. I make my supply last easily twice as long by putting a couple lizards with a couple mice in a small zip lock bag and add a small amount of water and let them thaw together. The water helps scent the mice all and my snakes eat them. Just do the same with a frog. Freeze your feeder frogs and you should be able to use it a couple times before you feed off the frog itself. You can even reuse the water in the bag a couple times if it's frog juiced up enough. Just freeze it in between feedings and let it thaw with a mouse or how ever many you need to feed.

Invest in a head light and a landing net. Spend a couple nights frog hunting and freeze them. That should help remedy your situation. It has mine and I save myself thousands of $$$ on purchasing feeders.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:10 PM   #3
bmwdirtracer
Many thanks, Nathan! Really, I've just spoiled my snakes, I fear. I have two that won't start feeding, until I feed them a baby quail. 2 others that want a severed chick leg for appetizers, before they'll start eating mice.

But WOW, did my biggest girl go crazy when she saw a live frog jump away from her! She paraded around the cage, head 2 feet in the air, with the frog sticking out, for about three minutes, before swallowing it....I swear, she was showing off her first live prey....

They're all healthy, and eat enough....but I like to spoil them, I guess.....

I guess I'll be buying a net tomorrow - I have the light already.

Many thanks for your inspiration!
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-18-2015, 09:21 PM   #4
snakesareawesome
Why not get a bunch of tadpoles and raise them up in your backyard with a small pool, heck even some kind of a pool you can find at walmart or feed supply store would work I think. I could think you'd get a lot of frogs that way and maybe even make another enclosure to hold them in so you can use them fresh all the way to the first thaw and then freeze the rest.

Old 04-18-2015, 09:54 PM   #5
bmwdirtracer
I've never kept tadpoles,,, but I guess they eat insects, like the frogs? Then I need bugs, to feed the frogs, to feed the snakes? Maybe I just need to go night hunting at a local pond, with a net, every now and then, as Nathan suggests. Occasionally, we get a particular, wet morning, with frogs out on the roads...I'll have to take advantage of those days, too, even if it makes me late for work!

Certainly, I greatly appreciate your offering a fresh idea, Kevin, but I think it may be too complex for me to carry out successfully. Many thanks for your suggestion though! Maybe I'll grab a flashlight and go down the hill to the little stream now....see what I can find......
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-18-2015, 10:57 PM   #6
snakesareawesome
I think most N. American frogs are herbivores, so they will eat appropriate fish flakes and plants. Frog legs might be another idea to try. Dm exotics feeds these in some of his videos.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:50 PM   #7
hhmoore
Since this is a classified ad, responses that are not along the lines of "I have some", or "Check with_____", should probably be sent via PM.
If the OP wants an exchange of ideas, and back & forth responses, this should have been posted in a discussion area.

Old 04-19-2015, 03:24 PM   #8
SouthernFeederCo
What kind of frogs do you want I im in florida so I can get plenty of them also xanbget brown anoles, the frogs I can get high quantity of are cuban tree frogs also do you want them live or frozen

Old 04-19-2015, 09:08 PM   #9
bmwdirtracer
Thank you, sir. It's been a while, so forgive me if I use old names....but green frogs, pickerel frogs, leopard frogs, smaller bullfrogs. I'm looking for animals with a head/body length of 2 to 5 inches. (Indigos can't open their jaws as wide as other snakes; only my biggest snake could possibly eat the 5 inchers)

Because I'd really love to allow the snakes the joy of catching harmless prey, I'd love live frogs, but certainly, frozen ones are quite acceptable, if it's that or none at all.

Obviously, price will be a strong influence, but I've not seen feeder frogs available anywhere else, so you might well have a unique opportunity to service many owners of indigos, hognose, etc..... I'd be very proud to be your first frog customer!

You can certainly email me at bmwdirtracer@att.net or by all means continue here, with an eye towards serving other's needs, also!

Cuban tree frogs are absolutely fine....I am unfamiliar with them, and do not know their size....please advise on that.

Many thanks again,
Chris
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-19-2015, 09:24 PM   #10
SouthernFeederCo
I can also get all of thoughs species too I can get high quantity of small bull frogs and some green and leopard frogs.

I can do live or frozen

I try to keep exotic feeder that no one has or can get ahold of, soon to have feeder snakes also.

You can email me @ southernfeederco@yahoo.com and let me know on the quantity of frogs you may want and also your zipcode so I can make a quote for you.

Thank you

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!