Bad Guy Terrance Yant - SCAMMER, of the dumber variety - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-15-2014, 04:52 PM   #51
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBenker View Post
For what it's worth, I just did a trade with Jason Teeg. I was a little leery after seeing this thread, but I tend to see the good in people and decided to take a chance. I sent my super giant/giant leopard geckos out and the snake shipped the same day. Only change in the whole deal is that Jason sent me 2 additional snakes. I was expecting to receive a male blue-eyed lucy (wanted a pretty snake for our public education program), but in the same box were also a yellow belly het ghost female and an unsexed pinstripe. All 3 were clean and healthy, 2 out of 3 already took their first meal since arriving.
Since Karin decided to come on the BOI and publicly share things, I no longer feel obligated to keep PM's private between us. Here is what I received today from her. I will let you, the reader, decide what to make of it:

I don't want to reply public and probably shouldn't have posted at all yesterday.

"What it boils down to is partially curiosity, get behind the why? On the other hand, maybe I'm short-selling my leos, but they are nice and I paid a lot of money for the parents.

Figured at worst I might get a different morph snake, but was willing to see. I didn't find out about the 2 add-ons until I picked up the box at the FedEx hub. I had set up a quarantine area for one, was left scrambling to set up 2 more - I didn't want them anywhere near my hognose snakes. The one thing I always have on hand when unboxing is my camera and a scale, everything gets weighed, quick snap-shot, then off to settle in. I didn't get hatch dates on the snakes until late last night or at least 2 of them, still waiting on a hatch date for the smallest - the pinstripe. But after running those dates by an experienced friend (I have absolutely no ball python experience, but do know how they need to be setup), I'm sure worried about age on the little one. The largest of the 3, the yellowbelly was hatched 12/30/13 and weighed 151g at arrival. The lucy, hatched 6/16/14 is 102g. The pinstripe is 43g. Bodyshape is not rounded, but triangular. First assessment at arrival was no evidence of mites and no odd respiratory sounds, clean nostrils on all.

Needless to say, they're going to go on a twice a week feeding schedule like my hoggies for now. We'll see what happens when they actually poop for the first time. Once they're in the condition they should be for their age, the other 2 will eventually be re-homed. I'm in the process of donating a leo to my daughter's school. Might be a place for one of the snakes later on.

Genetics mean nothing to me, as I have no intention of breeding ball pythons.

Do I worry about my nice leos - yes and no. They're not going to be there long at all, if he didn't already have something lined up for them. Due to some new laws in Nevada, we no longer have reptile shows here and I'm just not able to travel out of state for shows. These leos are quite impressive in hand and will be snatched up at any reptile show quickly.

Karin"

Here is my response back to her:

"You posted on his behalf yesterday publicly.
You posted "All 3 were clean and healthy,".

Now you are saying you have almost year old snakes that weigh less than some snakes do at birth.

I honestly have no clue why you did this, but since you started on the BOI by supporting him, you should finish on the BOI too so others can see."

Old 11-15-2014, 05:22 PM   #52
KBenker
You're right Robert, I did jump the gun on that, as the visual assessment of the 3 snakes was okay - my initial concern was potential mites or uri's.

I did not get hatch dates on 2 of them until late last night - had no idea how old they were when the arrived, just what their weights at arrival are. Like I stated, these are the first ball pythons in my home, but I was curious about those weights - as some of my yearling female hognose snakes have about the same weight or more as the 10 month old yellowbelly. Still waiting on a hatch date for the little one, not that it really matters at this point.

Old 11-15-2014, 06:29 PM   #53
hhmoore
Just to give you an idea - that Dec hatch is smaller than the July hatch babies I sent out recently...and I wasn't pounding the food into them.

Old 11-16-2014, 12:22 PM   #54
parrotlady
I am glad that Karin received the animal that she traded for. The hatch dates of the animals raises the question of husbandry, and if in fact he actually raised these animals. So many unanswered questions. Based on his business practices all of his actions will be suspect. He will never be able to totally remove the blemishes on his name by an occasionally providing and completing future contracts.

Old 11-16-2014, 04:59 PM   #55
Mistyck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
Since Karin decided to come on the BOI and publicly share things, I no longer feel obligated to keep PM's private between us. Here is what I received today from her. I will let you, the reader, decide what to make of it:

I don't want to reply public and probably shouldn't have posted at all yesterday.

"What it boils down to is partially curiosity, get behind the why? On the other hand, maybe I'm short-selling my leos, but they are nice and I paid a lot of money for the parents.

Figured at worst I might get a different morph snake, but was willing to see. I didn't find out about the 2 add-ons until I picked up the box at the FedEx hub. I had set up a quarantine area for one, was left scrambling to set up 2 more - I didn't want them anywhere near my hognose snakes. The one thing I always have on hand when unboxing is my camera and a scale, everything gets weighed, quick snap-shot, then off to settle in. I didn't get hatch dates on the snakes until late last night or at least 2 of them, still waiting on a hatch date for the smallest - the pinstripe. But after running those dates by an experienced friend (I have absolutely no ball python experience, but do know how they need to be setup), I'm sure worried about age on the little one. The largest of the 3, the yellowbelly was hatched 12/30/13 and weighed 151g at arrival. The lucy, hatched 6/16/14 is 102g. The pinstripe is 43g. Bodyshape is not rounded, but triangular. First assessment at arrival was no evidence of mites and no odd respiratory sounds, clean nostrils on all.

Needless to say, they're going to go on a twice a week feeding schedule like my hoggies for now. We'll see what happens when they actually poop for the first time. Once they're in the condition they should be for their age, the other 2 will eventually be re-homed. I'm in the process of donating a leo to my daughter's school. Might be a place for one of the snakes later on.

Genetics mean nothing to me, as I have no intention of breeding ball pythons.

Do I worry about my nice leos - yes and no. They're not going to be there long at all, if he didn't already have something lined up for them. Due to some new laws in Nevada, we no longer have reptile shows here and I'm just not able to travel out of state for shows. These leos are quite impressive in hand and will be snatched up at any reptile show quickly.

Karin"

Here is my response back to her:

"You posted on his behalf yesterday publicly.
You posted "All 3 were clean and healthy,".

Now you are saying you have almost year old snakes that weigh less than some snakes do at birth.

I honestly have no clue why you did this, but since you started on the BOI by supporting him, you should finish on the BOI too so others can see."
So to quell her curiosity she decided to risk the lives of her geckos? She sent them to someone who will do goodness knows what with them, and she's ok with it because she was curious to know what would happen... Really?! That's outrageous to me.

Old 11-24-2014, 02:35 AM   #56
SirenSanJose
Karin, for reference:

I have a HORRIBLY fussy 14 month old pinstripe, not substantially older than your YB -- he's the single worst eater and grower I've ever had.

I was convinced I'd lose him along the way. For the first 9 months I had him, he was a mouser, would not take any mice larger than fuzzies, and even that MAYBE once a month. Nothing wrong with him medically, vet check was fine, he just hated the smell of rats, and any food that moved too fast. He has FINALLY started on rats in the last couple of months, and eats at least every couple weeks now -- still won't take anything bigger than small rat crawler. Keep in mind this is an animal that has taken maybe 20 meals in the entire time I've had him.

Last time I weighed him a couple weeks ago, he was a frighteningly tiny 234 grams. And that's half again as big as your poor "yearling".

Old 11-29-2014, 08:37 PM   #57
kmrkvicka
Karin - was your curiosity still that piqued after reading the thread under his alias Kris Smalley? He ABUSED 100+ animals while living in Oregon, and hasn't stopped. For your sake, I hope he DOES flip those geckos as quickly as possible, so they don't suffer the same fate of god-knows how many animals he's allowed to die in his care

Old 11-29-2014, 09:26 PM   #58
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrkvicka View Post
Karin - was your curiosity still that piqued after reading the thread under his alias Kris Smalley? He ABUSED 100+ animals while living in Oregon, and hasn't stopped. For your sake, I hope he DOES flip those geckos as quickly as possible, so they don't suffer the same fate of god-knows how many animals he's allowed to die in his care
Different people...

Old 11-30-2014, 01:48 AM   #59
kmrkvicka
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
Different people...
My mistake - he was linked in the initial post - wouldn't put it past the other guy, or this guy frankly

Old 01-06-2015, 05:49 PM   #60
Robert Walker
I realize websites and promoters sometimes rehash old lists of past exhibitors, so this might be inaccurate, HOWEVER, as of right now it appears on their website.

If you are headed to the show in Feb, be sure to swing by his both and say hi to Terrance or whatever he decides to call himself at the time.

Just looked at his facebook page and saw his lastest post. Class act.
Attached Images

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!