Bad Guy Andrew Hermes of Arizona Tortoise Compound - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:14 AM   #31
Brandy Pecanic
Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGRO51 View Post
If you were referring to me as the Anthony above please read again.
leaking present participle of leak (Verb)

Verb

1.(of a container or covering) Accidentally lose or admit contents, esp. liquid or gas, through a hole or crack.
Did you learn something just now Tony... and you're so proud of yourself you wanted to show us? I'm confused a little.

Now, check us in with the states of death and decomp? Thanks a whole lot! (NOT!)

Old 04-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #32
kytuan
it's both fault , the buyer is not picking up on time , the seller is not responding on live animal guarantee arrive, don't talk about TOS , i think noone will worry about TOS and read hundred thousand words before they place an order . They worry about their live animal arrive only .The buyer shppied live animal plus $1000 cash,the seller received everything . The seller shipped too ,the buyer received death animal , it doesn't matter UPS or seller fault , but the seller needs to respond at least 50% value of the animal that he packed and shipped.

Old 04-16-2013, 11:32 AM   #33
Brandy Pecanic
If they are packed properly for AZ... Tom and I have had them delayed for 4 days and arrive mint. Just saying.

Old 04-16-2013, 12:00 PM   #34
Drew R
The one thing being left out of the entire conversation is the fact that Radiata is on the U.S. endangered species list. This requires a federal permit on both sides shipper and receiver. Do both parties involved have C.B.W permits? Second even if Andrew has a permit for himself he just admitted a federal crime by shipping an endangered species third party. This is a very sad situation all the way around but ultimately the responsibility lies with Andrew. I am sorry but third party or not Eric's deal was with Andrew.
Respectfully,
Drew Rheinhardt
Co-director Turtle and Tortoise Preservation Group

Old 04-16-2013, 12:03 PM   #35
Warren_Booth
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichsBallPythons View Post
False, They accept many species for shipping, but not snakes
Indeed you are correct. That is new to me. I had assumed that they classed all reptiles as prohibited.

Regardless, if UPS consider live animals as perishables and they do not cover the lost even if it was insured, then the shipper should be using a different company to ship their animals. Shipyourreptiles allows you to insure your shipment, therefore if packed correctly and it arrives dead if due to the courier, then the cost is covered. The shipper might decide not to offer live arrival guarantee, however they can say that they can be insured for a little extra and thus easing the worries of the buyer. Always choose a company that works with the buyer/seller to insure that the product will be delivered alive and on time, or otherwise it is compensated fully.

Warren

Old 04-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #36
Drew R
I should add that if neither of the parties involved have C.B.W then both are openly admitting to Federal wildlife violations on a public forum.
Respectfully,
Drew Rheinhardt

Old 04-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #37
Warren_Booth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew R View Post
The one thing being left out of the entire conversation is the fact that Radiata is on the U.S. endangered species list. This requires a federal permit on both sides shipper and receiver. Do both parties involved have C.B.W permits? Second even if Andrew has a permit for himself he just admitted a federal crime by shipping an endangered species third party. This is a very sad situation all the way around but ultimately the responsibility lies with Andrew. I am sorry but third party or not Eric's deal was with Andrew.
Respectfully,
Drew Rheinhardt
Excellent point that was overlooked by most. Given the range of tortoises that the broker breeds and sells, I would imagine they have this paperwork. Thank you for your contribution.
Warren

Old 04-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #38
Drew R
Warren
Even if the seller/broker has the paper work it is illegal to ship Radiata for a third party. The recipient also must have a valid C.B.W. So either way the seller/broker has broken atleast one federal regulation
Respectfully,
Drew Rheinhardt
Co-director Turtle and Tortoise preservation Group

Old 04-16-2013, 12:21 PM   #39
Arizona Tortoise Compound
Here is a list of other companies with the same terms and conditions as Arizona Tortoise Compound..... Turtle and Tortoises.com, Florida Iguana.com, Turtle Source, Exotic Pets, Bill Zovickian, Underground reptiles, Bay Area Reptiles, Tortoise Shack, Garden State Tortoises, Cold Blooded Novelties, Carolina Pet Supply, Blue Water Reptiles, Snicker Snakes just to name a few. A few of these companies actually sponser the "Board of Inquiry".

I only found three companies that cover shipper/carrier errors. They list that info on there terms and conditions page also. Most other sites dont have terms an conditions listed. For those companies , they should since everyone likes to sue.

"Tom and I WILL NEVER let somebody purchase from you! You should refund in full! And we are die hard Tort fans. If you had an ice pack in there, the Tort would have been fine. Just like Anthony said above... they only bag and tag dead bodies! "

As to you Brandy, your confused and comment when you shouldnt, the weather was perfect, nothing to do with cold packs at all. UPS placed the box inside of a plastic sack then in another box. That is how the tortoise died. UPS mis picked the package and it was delivered a day late. UPS said they bagged it in the morning of day two.

Of coarse a tortoise will pee in the shipping box. After 2 days the bottom of the box doesnt hold and will leak. UPS will bag a leaking box. The package was shipped Priority over night.That is what happened.

Erik did alot of things wrong. He wanted a Radiated shipped to his from gate. He asked me to write on the package 'leave at gate' . He didnt want to go to the airport. He didnt make me aware of the late shipping untill 7 hours later.Tracking numbers were provided and he didnt track. He made me aware of the late shipment after UPS closed, the first day.He didnt want to go to UPS and pick up the package on day two after the delay, instead he wanted it placed on the truck for another 15 hour lag and placed at his gate. My package was not air tight and the tortoise could breath fine untill it was placed in a sack by UPS. I ship out, on an avaerage of 10-12 different orders every week. This is the first shipment that didnt arrives safe and sound. I can not control what the shipping company does with the packages once its out of my hands. I also can not control the weather. If a customer wants a tortoise shipped in the middle of December it is of coarse their risk. You want a Radiated shipped to your front gate with no signature required ,its at your own risk. You want the tortoise left on a truck for another day its your risk.

First and foremost, what a horrible event and how awful for the tortoise! I know Andrew and have had animals shipped from him on multiple occasions. There is NO WAY he put a live animal in a plastic bag. He knows what he is doing and does it well!!! Unfortunately there is always risk in shipping live animals. It is the responsiblilty of BOTH parties to agree on how best to minimize these risks.

To my knowledge, no shipper will insure live animals. Ship Your Reptiles is the only company that offers such insurance. Delta does not unconditionally guarantee live animal shipments either.

Yes Tim your 100% right. Placing animals in a box and sending them nationwide is a huge risk and the carrier doesnt cover it.

As to everyone that is telling me to make it right. I offered Erik money and tortoises for life at cost!!! At cost means if I hatch them then it would be free. Erik doesnt want that and only wanted 3k not the 472.56 and store credits for life. I didnt have to offer anything but did. As to him posting the thumbs down posts, the offers of things at cost or free is over now. I made that clear to him as well. Erik will need to provide me with his shipping info within 7 days from today's date to receive the 472.56 refund. After 7 days if Erik doesnt provide me with the shipping info for the cash then that offer is over as well . Also if Erik would share the emails, everyone would see I tried to make it right. I also will not fold because of him posting this. I feel good about the way I conduct myself and company. ATC was created to have the tortoise world feel safe about puchasing a tortoise from a reputable breeder and receive healthy tortoises without someone just stealing the money and not shipping. I can guarntee almost everything except shipper delays,weather and acts of God.

Andrew Hermes
Arizona Tortoise Compound

Old 04-16-2013, 12:22 PM   #40
NIGRO51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy Pecanic View Post
Did you learn something just now Tony... and you're so proud of yourself you wanted to show us? I'm confused a little.

Now, check us in with the states of death and decomp? Thanks a whole lot! (NOT!)
That might be the stupidest thing I read all day. You clearly quoted me wrong and when I politely correct you that is what you had to say?! Next time you address me I will eat the infraction to voice what I think of you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!