Jim Stelpflug of Southwest Wisconsin Reptiles is a great guy!!! - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:18 AM   #61
Aj_Balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman View Post
I'm sorry, you misunderstood. It wasn't a mere suggestion.
Your not going to waste my time. Your post has been deleted. You can't follow the rules then I will just delete you next time.
Why next time? If you want to do it, just do it. Not like I care.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:41 AM   #62
Aj_Balls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Hultman
Knock it off. Just put a name to the accusations or don't post them.
Why? So Jim here and anyone else can go looking them up and trash talk/cry to them about what they're saying? Don't think so.

Old 10-08-2008, 01:54 AM   #63
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aj_Balls View Post
Why? So Jim here and anyone else can go looking them up and trash talk/cry to them about what they're saying? Don't think so.

This BOI thread is not for discussing the message I sent you with your warning points for violating the rules of this site.
This thread is not for discussing the rules of this site. Your antagonism is done. You have a three day vacation. When you return you can debate the finer points of the rules in the feedback section. Have a great night.

Old 10-10-2008, 01:25 AM   #64
Lee Watson
Dupage show

I take offence at Jim saying any show in the midwest Illinois or Wisconsin is close to in size to the Dupage show.
We have at every show a minimum of 55 reptile and supplies venders.. We have a door that averages 1000 at every show. Our vender list on the website are venders that have exhibited within 30 days. some venders only come on Saturday and some only come on Sunday.
Interesting enough, go to tinley's venders list and you will find over 15 of Dupage's venders there.
If we have any venders that do not hold our standards they are out. As far as puppies and such we average 15 breeders at each show.
We had to bar a sugarglider breeder recently, that is now selling at lake county. along with cockatiels and parakeets. So much for reptiles only show.
I invite everyone to check us out. If it is not the greatest twice monthly show you have been to see me I will refund your admission and buy you lunch at our own kitchen

Lee Watson www.allanimalexpo.com

Old 10-11-2008, 09:04 AM   #65
Lee Watson
Dupage

Sorry, but my post gave some people the idea we have 15 dog breeders at our show. When I said puppies and such, I included hedgehogs, sugar gliders, fancy pet rodents and of course birds. We only have about 4 people selling puppies that they produced.
Remember we are the only show I know of where the show producers guarantee what the venders sell. You can't go wrong at Dupage.
Lee Watson www.allanimalexpo.com

Old 10-13-2008, 09:02 AM   #66
Aj_Balls
Nope, sure can't. Best show for picking up rodents as there are maybe 4-5 vendors every show that sell mice and rats, both live and frozen. Almost impossible not for find feeders. There are maybe two vendors who sell crickets by the thousands or just a simple dozen. Best monthly show in Illinois I have been to.

Old 10-14-2008, 04:52 PM   #67
jpman78
While I've never done business with Jim I have talked with him and vendored at shows along side him and can say he's a stand up guy to talk to and seems very well put together.

As for sexing snakes, people make mistakes. I consider the Barkers (VPI) to be some of the most knowledgable people in the herp world and per their book ALWAYS doublecheck the sex of an animal when you get it because sometimes people do make mistakes....even them.

I have started to include a "new arrival" checklist with my animals so people know to double check the photo ID, paperwork, and sex of their animals so they are sure they got the right thing. Nobody is perfect but it doesn't take much to make things right if you let a breeder know right away.

Hope that helps

Old 10-12-2010, 01:07 AM   #68
rcpreis3
I purchased a het clown pair at the Daytona expo (8/21?) this year from Jim. And I double and triple checked the sex right there. A week after I got them home I offered them mice, the male ate fine but the female refused. She refused a couple more feedings after that and I sent a Email to Jim and it went unanswered. I kept trying to offer and force feed but I got her to keep a force feed down on 9/27. Either that day or shortly there after I tried another email to Jim as I lost the card with his number. I explained the situation to him and he went ahead and sent me another 100% het clown, and threw in a 66% het clown that just recently hatched for the troubles. No problems no hassle. I didnt even have to wait til I got paid to send him a MO for shipping. As that was the deal, I pay shipping to get the replacement. I recieved them on 10/7

I'll have that MO out tomorrow because today is columbus day and the post office was closed. He was totally understanding of this.

The original female kept down another force feed today and the replacement ate, and the bonus 66% het ate as well (much to my surprise!!!) The male refused today but has been eating so I'm not to worried about him.

Heres the breakdown...

1.2 2010 100% het clowns @ 100gs each, one problem feeder.
0.1 2010 66% het clown at 53gs. Feeding on mice hoppers before first shed!
All for $248 total investment.

Not a bad deal at all!

Jim is a stand up guy, willing to help young hobbyists, and has some awesome looking animals.

Old 10-12-2010, 01:09 AM   #69
rcpreis3
Oh I forgot to mention I was told the unanswered email was later found in spam folder. And he apologized for that.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!