Bad Guy Paul Kurnava is at it again buyers beware - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-14-2012, 06:38 AM   #41
EdwardK
Quote:
Originally Posted by fangme View Post
When I ship ups through Cleveland the ups store will not take a live animal I have to drop it off at there hub in middleburg hts or in cleveland. And they always tell me that if they don't have it by 730 then they can't do overnight express. I'm not used to fwc but aren't they a regulated species that requires delta dash in wood crate?
UPS's policies prohibit the shipping of all live snakes see http://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res...s/animals.html scroll down to prohibited live animals.

Some comments

Ed

Old 08-14-2012, 08:21 AM   #42
fangme
Ups and fed ex both say its against there policy to ship snakes

Old 08-14-2012, 09:26 AM   #43
Skanakis
fed ex is what everyons uses syr fed ex google it

Old 08-14-2012, 11:19 AM   #44
reticguy76
He emailed me the tracking number. So, now its just waiting to make sure it does arrive and there is an animal in it. Im not sure why I would need to post my finalized dealings with him here. I simply stated in this thread that I am in a deal with him, there is no good guy or bad guy from me, as of yet. If the snake comes in healthy and what I wanted, then I see no reason to not post a good guy thread overall. If the "expected" happens, then I will start my own bad guy thread on him with all communications between us. I have had many dealings with breeders that either did not give me a shipping number for several hours or not at all. However, they were well known and respected breeders/sellers in the hobby, or people I actually know and trust. I am obviously nervous because of the recent threads. Again, had either, I waited one more day to buy the animal, I would have seen this stuff on him and not proceeded. Or if this thread was put here a day earlier, same scenario. I did a search on him, on Sunday morning and couldnt find anything (again, maybe I just misspelled his name or something, but nothing came up for me) so I figured maybe he was new and getting started in the hobby and didnt have any established credit either way.

Its almost 830am my time right now, so we shall see in the next couple hours what happens. I used paypal to pay.

Old 08-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #45
reticguy76
I ship snakes all the time with them and make it known that is what im shipping, never had a problem. You can only ship live harmless reptiles out of certain facilities (at least that is here in Arizona, because there is only one in my whole city that will ship live reptiles)

Old 08-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #46
hhmoore
Quote:
If the snake comes in healthy and what I wanted, then I see no reason to not post a good guy thread overall. If the "expected" happens, then I will start my own bad guy thread on him with all communications between us.
As April has already pointed out, there is no reason to start yet another thread on this person. You're already posting in this one, it makes sense to just say what you have to say here.

As far as the UPS vs FedEx thing, let's not sidetrack this too much. The policies of both are well known (or should be by this point). Anybody that isn't sure, can pursue the topic in the Shipping forum

Old 08-14-2012, 12:04 PM   #47
reticguy76
To the mods, can one of you point out why keeping my POTENTIAL separate issue in this thread is better than starting one of my own ?

My whole reason for even mentioning anything in this thread was to say, I wish I would have seen this (and the other from June or whenever it was), I would have probably went another route. Im simply in the middle of a deal right now with him, awaiting to see how it turns out. Nothing less, nothing more. No good guy, no bad guy. If he is in fact a scammer and bad guy, do we not want as many separate bad guy experiences in separate threads to up this guys bad guy experiences ?
My post(s) in here are merely to state I am in a current deal with him with outcome as of yet, positive or negative

Old 08-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #48
reticguy76
Had this been a postive good guy thread, I would have stated the same intent, I am in a deal with him right now and awaiting the outcome, with neither a positive or negative outcome to this point

Old 08-14-2012, 12:17 PM   #49
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
To the mods, can one of you point out why keeping my POTENTIAL separate issue in this thread is better than starting one of my own ?

My whole reason for even mentioning anything in this thread was to say, I wish I would have seen this (and the other from June or whenever it was), I would have probably went another route. Im simply in the middle of a deal right now with him, awaiting to see how it turns out. Nothing less, nothing more. No good guy, no bad guy. If he is in fact a scammer and bad guy, do we not want as many separate bad guy experiences in separate threads to up this guys bad guy experiences ?
My post(s) in here are merely to state I am in a current deal with him with outcome as of yet, positive or negative
This is a quote from the posting rules:

Please utilize the SEARCH function as much as possible before starting a new thread (topic line). In many instances, it is much better to continue an existing thread rather than starting a new one in order to preserve continuity in the information about a person or business. Most readers are much more inclined to read a single long thread, rather than dozens of smaller ones scattered all over the BOI. So don't let your message get lost in the clutter by ignoring this simple rule.

Old 08-14-2012, 12:19 PM   #50
Kristi23
Quote:
Originally Posted by reticguy76 View Post
Had this been a postive good guy thread, I would have stated the same intent, I am in a deal with him right now and awaiting the outcome, with neither a positive or negative outcome to this point
People reading this thread will be able to see if you had a good or bad experience with this guy. Good and bad can be posted together. It's up to the readers to make up their minds about someone. It's just easier to read everything together. I personally don't want to read 15 threads on the same person.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!