IBD Allen belcher/Big daddys wholesale - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-05-2006, 02:51 PM   #1
airtrixx
IBD Allen belcher/Big daddys wholesale

This thread has posted by way of popular demand ...I recently bought a snake from Allen belcher at the philadelphia reptile expo, the snake died mysteriously 3 weeks later. I had pathology tests done and IBD was the cause. I advise anyone who has bought an animal from allen belcher in the past year to take necessary precautions. Here is a copy of my test results.

Also i would like anyone with any questions to refer to this thread, where i originally posted. It explains ALOT more and has Allen posting in his defense. Thank you, Ron Kerstetter.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...9&page=83&pp=5
Attached Images

Old 11-05-2006, 02:57 PM   #2
Bill_Leverton
OH Ya Bro........ Now this one won't get buried.

Old 11-05-2006, 03:24 PM   #3
Cat_72
I think it also important to note that Allen, even being completely aware of this, is still selling animals and even taking animals to vend at reptile shows.

People not only need to take precautions, they need to know that he is still selling animals with complete disregard for the health and safety of other animals that may become exposed to IBD through his recklessness.

Old 11-05-2006, 03:53 PM   #4
Bill_Leverton
I truly agree, anyone have a Sky Writing Plane J/K..Cat what really worries me is that we are going to see alot more people like Ron coming forward and Allen going on passing this disease on and on...He will be making money and people will be paying out the butt to have their hopes and dreams crushed.

Old 11-05-2006, 04:11 PM   #5
Bill_Leverton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat_72
Doug, the problem is that no one knows for certain HOW it is spread, and there is a possiblity it very well COULD be airborne.
This is true it comes like a theif in the night

Quote:
Laura Fopiano lost her collection to IBD as well, putting down even snakes that did NOT test positive, but without knowing exactly how it was spread.....well, she did what she felt had to be done to protect others from this horrible disease. I have more respect than I can voice for Laura, BW, and others that have gone through such a nightmare, and thought more of the safety of others than their own attachment to the animals as well as their financial losses.
Yes I got the phone call the day this happened..And I remember crying ( yes men cry).....People put everything they have into these animals, Their hopes, thier dreams, Time, money, Just to have some selfish prick come along, and not care what their animals have and, pass them on to kill it all

Quote:
I can't imagine how someone could be so oblivious to the pain and damage that they could be doing to others with their "denial" as Allen is.
Cat it's called "Greed".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Leverton
Jamie,First off no pitch fork in this hand I can only look at this from a Boa owners point, If I sold a boa that had IBD I would have to have each and every one of boas my checked. If say 10 out my 40 came up positive guess what 40 are going to be put down and start all over again,(Which would bite) These diseases come like thieves in the night, and the only way to stop it is find the cure or put down, and seeing as there is no cure Guess what the option is.Selling an animal that may have a potential of killing off other wise healthy ones, is just down right ignorant.

This came from another thread, where there is a disease running through the B.D community. People like this need to be stopped, But how ??? people will keep buying from people like this and in turn pass it on to some else...

Old 11-05-2006, 05:09 PM   #6
BryonsBoas
For the record , Post # 413 was Ron's original post in the other thread.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&page=11&pp=40 I'm set at 40 posts per page so this should get ya in the ball park.

Quote:
Big Daddy's Wholesale says ....Now I have also been looked at as someone who loves the money but not the reptiles. You know truth is that is how it started for me. I saw the money that could be made. Very quickly though I found that if I did not enjoy this I would not make it in this industry very long. When I started doing this I had four companies. Now I have two and I have a passion for the reptiles that far exceeds my wildest dreams. I find myself calculating money in terms of that's 5 albino balls or a pair of super tigers, instead of another dollar in the bank.
This is from post # 497 of the other thread. Reckon his passion is soooo great that he just absolutely has to share his animals with everyone , infected or not. Mr. Allen " I Love the animals " Belcher still counts what those albino balls and super tiger retics puts into his wallet. Knowingly goes to a show ( Fire show in Orlando ) just days after being informed of IBD in an animal he sold at a show in PA. How sooo very freakin lame.

Old 11-05-2006, 05:54 PM   #7
ravensgait
Way to go Ron just gave you some karma to let you know I appreciate the intestinal fortitude you've shown to do what you have done in this matter. Randy

Old 11-05-2006, 06:00 PM   #8
The BoidSmith
This weekend I asked a couple of BOI friends to look up a snake for me at a show. Had the right animal within my price-range appeared I was ready to purchase it, and have it shipped to me. Right now I’m having second thoughts about even purchasing at shows anymore. To be perfectly honest I’m even having second thoughts about buying even from vendors that attend those shows. And we all know that some of those vendors are among the best and trustworthy breeders in our industry. All this discussion has opened my eyes to all the health risks that are being taken in a show. The person that’s handling one boa in a booth walks a few steps and starts handling a ball python in another. In my last visit to a show (a month ago) I did not see one single vendor provide anything for people to sanitize their hands before or after handling his animals. Not a one! If all this goes through my head I wonder how many are thinking along the same lines. What are we waiting for?

For once I believe in self-policing the way we are doing it. On the other hand it’s our responsibility to educate those vendors on what precautionary measures they should take before they let someone even touch their animals. Yes, even those vendors that are known for having the best animals and great reputation. From now on I’m going to attend every show with my own sanitizing gel, wipes, and/or disposable gloves. Some will probably look at me kind of weird maybe they won’t even let me touch his animals. We talk endlessly about quarantine and all the things we should do when we are at home. What about shows? That animal that was not sold at the show that was maybe touched by 2-3 individuals is going back to the breeder’s facility and might be someone’s next purchase through the internet.

Creating a scare campaign among potential buyers it’s not what I’m after. Shows are after all a means of making money for a lot of respectable breeders and dealers and that has to be respected. But as the saying goes “if we are not part of the solution we are part of the problem”.

Regards.

Old 11-05-2006, 06:15 PM   #9
Bill_Leverton
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
This weekend I asked a couple of BOI friends to look up a snake for me at a show. Had the right animal within my price-range appeared I was ready to purchase it, and have it shipped to me. Right now I’m having second thoughts about even purchasing at shows anymore. To be perfectly honest I’m even having second thoughts about buying even from vendors that attend those shows. And we all know that some of those vendors are among the best and trustworthy breeders in our industry. All this discussion has opened my eyes to all the health risks that are being taken in a show. The person that’s handling one boa in a booth walks a few steps and starts handling a ball python in another. In my last visit to a show (a month ago) I did not see one single vendor provide anything for people to sanitize their hands before or after handling his animals. Not a one! If all this goes through my head I wonder how many are thinking along the same lines. What are we waiting for?

For once I believe in self-policing the way we are doing it. On the other hand it’s our responsibility to educate those vendors on what precautionary measures they should take before they let someone even touch their animals. Yes, even those vendors that are known for having the best animals and great reputation. From now on I’m going to attend every show with my own sanitizing gel, wipes, and/or disposable gloves. Some will probably look at me kind of weird maybe they won’t even let me touch his animals. We talk endlessly about quarantine and all the things we should do when we are at home. What about shows? That animal that was not sold at the show that was maybe touched by 2-3 individuals is going back to the breeder’s facility and might be someone’s next purchase through the internet.
Regards.
Dan, This has also ran through my head, I just wish that there was a way to educate the public along the lines of Hygiene, when it comes to this stuff,I always use latex gloves when I handle anyone else's stock it may seem odd to some but to me it's a way of life, But a practice that should be adopted.

Old 11-05-2006, 11:56 PM   #10
nextworld3
Hey Guys,
I just got back from the FIRE show and the show promoters give out a hand sanitizer with every vendor bag... IMO that is a great idea for a show and i have to give them credit for doing it. We bring our own anyways and make everyone use it no matter the cost of the animal before holding it! I think this should be a mandated practice at shows.

Jon

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!