I've been Fedexed - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:00 PM   #11
Lucille
I got an email from Fedex, they blew me off too. Essentially they said that I got the package so what that I had to wait a day and a half.

Fedexed.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #12
Occidentalis
Pretty peeved with FedEx right now too. Supposed to leave in the morning for a long drive west to see the folks for the holidays, just waiting on them to deliver a warranty replacement cell phone. Only thing keeping me here. Delivery exception just popped up, even though I was home. I've now been on hold for 22 minutes... snooze.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:47 PM   #13
Lucille
I just don't see what use a tracking number is, if one of their drivers decides to just fib about the weather and go home early.
It was a stressfull 12 hours the first day. I asked them to make it up to me with a gift certificate, I thought maybe they might spring for a gallon of Blue Bell ice cream. They said Oh noooo, we don't do that.
Fine. So I'm gonna talk about it until it is talked out of my system, that could be a while. Maybe by next year 'Fedexed' will be one of those new fangled words, you know, like twerking.

Old 12-20-2013, 08:53 PM   #14
Occidentalis
Haha maybe. I just hung up and sent an email, can't deal with this anymore. I got through, gave the tracking number, and the guy asked me to hold while he contacted the office. Another 5 minutes go by, the phone starts ringing, and some lady at a fedex print center somewhere in the world picks up the phone. She doesn't deal with tracking or shipping or anything, just copies.
Guess where she transfers me?
Back into the original que.
Ah!

Old 12-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #15
WebSlave
I guess the problem is that there just isn't enough competition in that business to matter to them. Seriously, who do you have to choose from? FedEx, UPS, and USPS. That's it. So apparently they have made a pact to try hard to be just as bad at what they do as the other two to level the playing field.

I have SERIOUSLY cussed out all three of them one or more times in the past. But I will have to admit that I still hold a major grudge against UPS compared to the other two. But some companies only ship via that method, so I just have to grit my teeth when the big brown truck pulls into the driveway.

But what are you going to do? Just stop shipping and receiving merchandise completely because they will suffer from major suckiness now and again? Maybe some of you living in large metropolitan areas where you can find most stuff you want locally can do that, but that just is not an option out here in the boonies.

I think the best term I have ever heard used to describe them is "FedUps".... Pretty much nails it.

Old 12-21-2013, 05:55 AM   #16
chris1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post
I think the best term I have ever heard used to describe them is "FedUps".... Pretty much nails it.
The best term I've heard used was for DHL: "D*ck Hugging Losers" Not the best of reputations among large shippers for sure, the last time someone sent me something via DHL was in '02; they didn't even knock.

At least here on the East Coast we get to ship against the time zones, gaining up to three hours depending on how far west a package is traveling.

Old 12-21-2013, 07:27 AM   #17
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave View Post

But what are you going to do?

You are right, we can't stop using their services. But neither do we have to settle for second rate service when we pay first rate money.

I feel as if I am a reasonable person. If there had been a truck breakdown or if there had in fact been poor weather anywhere in the area, I would have just chalked it up to the fact that sometimes, stuff happens.

But that's not what happened.

And their attitude and email did not help.
When I pay good money, I don't expect to get Fedexed.

Old 12-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #18
Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
You would think the company would want to make amends by having the package delivered first thing. Nope. They sort of shrugged it off "We'll make a note" and told me the package would probably be delivered sometime today, they could not say when. They did call the contractor (I'm thinking non Fedex employees make deliveries?) and was told that the contractor would "make a note." Lots of notes. No delivered package.

As far as I'm concerned, Fedex sucks.
Yeah they do hire contractors. Much like a lot of post office's do, people bid for the jobs.. with the lowest bid person getting the job. Occasionally our work place was having stuff delivered by a contractor due to heavy seasonal loads. It's been several years (so things might have changed since then), but if I remember the conversation correctly he was getting paid $1 per delivery. And by delivery that meant per address so... if you have 50 packages being delivered to 1 address... that's only $1 in pay. Shopping center's sucked he said because of that because the center had one overall address even though there are several businesses there. The best routes were residential deliveries. Those with routes involving a lot of business's drivers try to empty their truck as fast as they can and then reload to go back out to deliver before it gets too late in the evening.

Old 12-23-2013, 11:36 PM   #19
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Yeah they do hire contractors. Much like a lot of post office's do, people bid for the jobs.. with the lowest bid person getting the job. Occasionally our work place was having stuff delivered by a contractor due to heavy seasonal loads. It's been several years (so things might have changed since then), but if I remember the conversation correctly he was getting paid $1 per delivery. And by delivery that meant per address so... if you have 50 packages being delivered to 1 address... that's only $1 in pay. Shopping center's sucked he said because of that because the center had one overall address even though there are several businesses there. The best routes were residential deliveries. Those with routes involving a lot of business's drivers try to empty their truck as fast as they can and then reload to go back out to deliver before it gets too late in the evening.
So, did those contractors get paid for only *attempted* deliveries as well?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!