Buyer Beware of Steve Ori Forgotten Realm - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 02:50 AM   #1
Da_Ru
Buyer Beware of Steve Ori Forgotten Realm

I sent Steve Ori a deposit for a reverse stripe male. He said the most I would pay is 500 and if I did not like any he would refund my deposit. Well the babies shed and ate so he took pics. The only one that had a descent reverse stripe he was keeping. So I told him the only one I like was the one he was keeping. He said he was in a bad financial situation and he would sell him but only over $500.oo. I asked him for a refund and he said no. He is a untrustworthy person. And his e mail signature says Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Money Back. We all know how that goes. I just wanted to warn the public about buying from him.

Drew McHenry

Old 04-23-2003, 08:06 AM   #2
Casey Hulse
Guarantee?

Quote:
. And his e mail signature says Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Money Back. We all know how that goes.
We do know how that goes, that means he owes you a refund, period!
Good luck Drew

Old 04-23-2003, 08:29 AM   #3
The BoidSmith
Drew,

By the way you describe it it seems a refund is of order. Not that it makes a difference but how much was the deposit that can put him in such a financial hardship?

Good luck!

Old 04-23-2003, 04:12 PM   #4
Rob Hill/Geckos Anonymous
Without seeing the seller's side in this, I agree that you are owed a refund. Do you perhaps have copies of e-mail correspondences between the two of you that can be posted?

If you placed a deposit on an animal based on the fact that you could get the deposit back should you not be happy with the look of the babies after they shed, you should get your money back. You were offered a pick of the litter with your deposit. You were also offered the right to refuse and get a refund of your deposit should none of the animals meet your standards. The only one that DID meet your standards was the one Steve wanted to hold back. Now, Steve has hit a financial brick wall and offered to sell you this animal, but for higher than the $500 you were willing to pay for an animal from this litter. You have opted against purchasing that animal for the higher price.

The bottom line is, you were not happy with your choices and when you asked for a rightful refund of your deposit, you were denied. Sounds like a questionable person to deal with in my opinion.

Old 04-23-2003, 09:17 PM   #5
Gary Walsch
Well Drew it sounds to me from what I have heard so far that you are due for a refund and Steve's finnancial situation should have nothing to do with it. If he accepted a deposit then he should not have touched that money until the transaction was fully completed. It sounds to me ( without also hearing from Steve's side ) like Steve handled this wrong and now he does not want to face the music, where in reality if what you say is true he should either give up the one you picked out for the price he quoted you or refund your deposit in full. But I think I would like to hear Steve's side of this story as well as see copies of any emails between you too that are concerning this particular transaction.

Old 04-23-2003, 09:51 PM   #6
Da_Ru
Here are some emails.

HEy Drew,
I'm sorry but I'm not letting that guy go for
450.00. I've got others listed for 500.00 that I don't
like as much as the m2. If you'd like to send me
another 550.00 to make it a total of 650.00 shipped
I'll send him to you. It's up to you. Deposits are
non-refundable in this industry. I know of no company
that would give you your money back. I'll give you a
credit toward a future purchase if you like, which is
more than most would do. I lost 375.00 myself this
year because I couldn't come up with the remainder of
the money for a pair of dh for ghost that I really
wanted. Let me know what you decide.

--- Drew <drunsar@ptdprolog.net> wrote:
> $450
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Steve Ori
> [mailto:aforgottenrealm2000@yahoo.com]
> Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 3:13 PM
> To: Drew
> Subject: RE: reverse stripe
>
> Hey Drew,
> You've caught me at a bad time financially.
> Bad
> for me good for you. Make me an offer on the M2
> reverse striped male that I was keeping. You just
> might be able to talk me out of him.
>
>
> --- Drew <drunsar@ptdprolog.net> wrote:
> > Steve,
> > I was hoping for a male like the one
> you
> > are keeping. Since
> > there was only 1 with that amount of a reverse
> > stripe can I have my
> > deposit back. Thanks

Old 04-23-2003, 09:53 PM   #7
Da_Ru
Here is another e mail

Hello Drew,

Certainly you can get your money back. There are only a few that are full reverse tail stripes. Quite a few have very unique tails with a partial reverse stripe. So far you'd be the first to but a deposit down and I'm only gonna keep one of the reverse stripes and it has both forms of stripe so it would have cost quite a bit if I were to sell it. This is a genetic trait that is carried by all of these animals. Any of the siblings even if they don't show any striping themselves can throw full stripe babies. Last year there were four head to tail stripes in the litter. YOu just never know what to expect with the stripes. Thats one of the reasons I like them, that and all are unique from each other. You can keep this email as a contract. It is as legal and binding as a written contract of any type. Let me know what you want to do. I'm sending you a link to my kingsnake gallery where most of the animals I've got for sale are located. I've also got a 66% dh for snow circleback yearling for sale that isn't pictured. I'm also expecting babies of the following: albino burmese pythons, Diamond/ Jungle carpet pythons, Mexican black tail boas, Jungle boas, and normal boas siblings to the jungles (normal looking sibllings to the jungles have been known to produce junglles). Let me know. Here's the link: http://gallery.pethobbyist.com/index...at=500&thumb=1

Drew <drunsar@ptdprolog.net> wrote:

If I put a deposit down and if there is no more reverse stripe can I get my money back. Thanks Drew

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2003 3:00 AM
To: drunsar@ptdprolog.net
Subject: Re: Message about: JUST BORN PASTEL STRIPE/REVERSE STRIPES

Hey Drunsar,

They've just been born and haven't shed the first time yet. They seem to get more pink with every shed. Also they are all different. I usually wait till they've shed twice and eaten at least once before I sex, take pics, and price them. They'll go anywhere from 150.00 to around 500.00 depending on stripeing and coloring. The reverse stripes will be at the top end though. I haven't seen many pastel BCI reverse stripes on the market and I'm kinda proud of them. This is a genetic trait but isn't from the Pete Kahl line. But like Pete's line the litter is always real variable. Anywhere from full stripes (head to tail) to hardly any stripeing at all, just some doubled up saddles. Most are very attractive pastels though, stripeing or not. If you want to paypal a 100.00 deposit I'll be giving the order of selections in the order the deposits arrived. I have many well known references if you would like them. Let us know.

drunsar@ptdprolog.net wrote:

how much is a reverse stripe male. Thanks

----------------------------------------------
This message was sent by an unregistered or non logged in user.

Sent 02:30 PM, Feb 28th, 2003 from I.P. Address 168.73.245.57

Sincerely,
Steve Ori
Manager
A Forgotten Realm
Pet to Investment Quality animals
Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Money Back

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Tax Center - forms, calculators, tips, and more

Sincerely,
Steve Ori
Manager
A Forgotten Realm
Pet to Investment Quality animals
Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Money Back

Old 04-23-2003, 10:39 PM   #8
Wilomn
With a tag line that as a guarentee it is totally WRONG not to give back the deposit. I don't think it's an industry standard to keep a deposit if you don't produce the animal for which the deposit was originally given. Quite the opposite in fact.

Now if a buyer backs out of a deal for which he has given a deposit AND the animal was produced and IS available then the deposit can be forfiet/credited towards another purchase at the breeders discretion.

I think a refund is in order here. That or the animal should be sold at the originally agreed on price. One or the other.

Wes Pollock

Old 04-23-2003, 10:40 PM   #9
The BoidSmith
Quote:
Deposits are non-refundable in this industry.
True if written in your TOS and if the seller has to offer what the buyer was intending to buy.

Quote:
I know of no company that would give you your money back.
Countless if the seller can't deliver what he was supposed to.

Quote:
I'll give you a credit toward a future purchase if you like, which is more than most would do.
I don't think that's acceptable in this case. In short, here is the risk of sending money to reserve animals that are not born yet. There was only one reverse stripe that Drew liked, and, oddly enough, that was precisely the one that was $200 more. In my opinion is either that animal or the money back.

Regards.

Old 04-23-2003, 11:41 PM   #10
NEWReptiles
Quote:
. In my opinion is either that animal or the money back.
Well put Daniel.

I see no reason for him to keep your deposit.

It would be a good idea to let him know this thread is here so he can respond.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread