Lack of customer service from sellers - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:23 PM   #21
Jynxx25

You folks are so disillusion... and/or on drugs. Typing in all caps, comments and then calling me a jerk when I respond.
Attached Images

Old 02-15-2017, 06:37 PM   #22
Jynxx25
Trolling: make a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.

Membership: the fact of being a member of a group; the number or body of members in a group.

Original post (seems a direct but respectful observation)
The common issue I realize on this site is the lack of customer service to almost being downright rude behavior.

I understand things are posted and the common response seems to be "read the description" or "it's in the description"; but this is a major turn off when shopping and/or purchasing a pet. For the most part it feels like communicating with a teenager or an adult that lacks good social mannerisms.

I had purchased a snake earlier which I found many of my questions from the seller "it's in the description" or "I already told you that"; when in fact information like "When was the snake last fed" was not answered.

Response by snowgyre
I think you're making a mountain over a molehill...
Still an opinion I get that

You're new to the site, so you probably are not aware that most people do not check threads frequently for updates, but instead rely upon notifications from the private messaging system or direct contact through emails.
Okay, but does back to my comment of being accessible as a seller..

Also, it is rather bold of you to make a sweeping, mostly inaccurate statement concerning customer service by sellers on this site when you joined last month and made a total of four posts, two of which occurred in one advertisement for sand boas. You were gently reprimanded by one of the moderators for lack of reading comprehension in the advertisement itself, and then the seller noticed his thread had been bumped and responded.
Kind of getting personal

Buying and selling... Right now you are coming off as a high maintenance buyer, which most sellers steer way clear of because of silly threads like this.
High Maintenance Buyer? Just for asking questions that were half-assed answered, which ended in the snake dying from related or unrelated issues. I will never know since I ask too many questions in the first place?

Old 02-15-2017, 06:43 PM   #23
Fangthane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jynxx25 View Post
You folks are so disillusion...
Whatever that means... Considering your own glaring grammatical shortcomings and inability to operate on the same plane of reality that the rest of us are occupying, you may want to avoid questioning anyone else's education level. Can't really say you're doing Armijo High, University of Phoenix, or Solano CC very proud.

Anyhoo. The top comment is mine - you're welcome. I stand behind it.

Old 02-15-2017, 06:47 PM   #24
Jynxx25
From Lucille
asking a lot of basic questions could signal to the seller that you do not have the critter's well being in mind because you won't take the little time it would take to do an internet search and find info.

Here are the basic questions I ask the seller:
What is the temperament of the snake?
What are the parameters you keep the snake (temperature, humidity...)?
How often do you feed the snake, what size (frozen/live), and when was it's last feeding?

Reasons why:
Temperament, some aggressive snakes are chill, while other chill snakes are aggressive.

Parameters, X Reptiles keeps their snakes 80-82 ambient with a 90-92 hot spot, X Reptiles keeps theirs at 80-82 constant without hot spots, some breeders keep their Panther Geckos with a heat lamp and humidity device, while others use room temperatures and mist once a day.

Feeding, some breeders feed every 5 days, others every 10 days. Was the snake just fed yesterday or a week ago?

Old 02-15-2017, 07:11 PM   #25
Jynxx25
Fangthane:
Thanks for taking interest and looking up my profile on this site and probably Facebook. Since you noticed my grammatical shortcomings perhaps you are an English major? Very good!

As you stated I am in IT so my grammar on a forum site on a post, that is growing is, not a priority; getting my response and point across is. However, my point is obviously lost as members absorbed it as I am a jerk, newbie, high maintenance buyer... oh well.

Levels of education does not mean much, only opens a few doors for job opportunities. I work with PhD's that retained their focus of study and forgotten the general education they had to endure.

BTW - thanks for the spelling correction, delusional, in case you need the definition:
based on or having faulty judgment; mistaken.

It is obvious some that posted cannot have a logical argument or rational discussion, including responses. However, there are a few that posted that can, such as Herpin Man, Jet76, and AbsoluteApril. Thank you really appreciate that.

The rest can go to hell, except for Fangthane as he is an Atheist. Joke? Get it? No? Okay start the attacking again. I am having fun being the Heel.

Just in case...
In professional wrestling, a heel (also known as a rudo in lucha libre) is a wrestler who is villainous or a "bad guy", who is booked (scripted) by the promotion to be in the position of being an antagonist.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:34 PM   #26
Fangthane
Quote:
perhaps you are an English major?
Nope. Just a garden-variety high school dropout.
Quote:
As you stated I am in IT...
I never stated you were in IT. Yet again, you're responding to statements that don't exist. If I were in IT, I'd probably be a bit embarrassed about not being able to figure out how to quote posts. Maybe that's just me.

Considering the more conventional definition:
Quote:
characterized by or holding idiosyncratic beliefs or impressions that are contradicted by reality or rational argument, typically as a symptom of mental disorder.
Your insistence on seeing things that simply aren't there sure seems to make it clear just who here may be "delusional." Your decision to put us in that category is what psychologists call "projection."
Before you look for a definition that's not contextually applicable, here's the one I'm referring to:
Quote:
Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against their own unconscious impulses or qualities (both positive and negative) by denying their existence in themselves while attributing them to others.
Quote:
I am having fun being the Heel.
Attention-whore status confirmed. Nothing more to see here, folks.

Old 02-15-2017, 07:48 PM   #27
Lucille
Quote:
antagonist.
Troll: to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content

Old 02-15-2017, 08:22 PM   #28
snowgyre
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
Buying and selling goes both ways, and sellers can choose not to sell to you just as quickly as you can choose not to purchase from a buyer. Right now you are coming off as a high maintenance buyer, which most sellers steer way clear of because of silly threads like this.
I called it correctly. You are high maintenance and that is being forgiving, I would say more except for the moderator kindly reminding the folks frustrated with you in this thread to avoid name calling. You have been added to my personal do-not-buy-from-or-sell-to list, and probably the lists of others here.

And just to clarify, my original post was not meant to be inflammatory, it was an interpretation of how you were coming off to people who didn't know you. You ended up proving all of my points in it though. Way to live up to the reputation. e_e

Old 02-15-2017, 10:03 PM   #29
Jynxx25
Fangthane:
"I never stated you were in IT. Yet again, you're responding to statements that don't exist."
You are right, that is something I went back and forth with someone else. Great of you to point that out... what do you want a cookie or a GED?

" If I were in IT, I'd probably be a bit embarrassed about not being able to figure out how to quote posts."
Meh I could do that, but my points are more direct this way rather than just clicking quotes all over the place. Don't worry about me, YOU should be more embarrassed being a High School dropout. Hope you can become an entrepreneur.

"Your insistence on seeing things that simply aren't there sure seems to make it clear just who here may be "delusional." Your decision to put us in that category is what psychologists call "projection."
Before you look for a definition that's not contextually applicable, here's the one I'm referring to:"
Kind of odd that a person that could not finish High School is qouting me stuff. Ah America!

"Attention-whore status confirmed. Nothing more to see here, folks."
You are just now confirming that? Well if there is nothing more to see here move on. I did start the post. Perhaps focus on that GED through the Net.

Yes I am trolling.

Old 02-15-2017, 10:07 PM   #30
Jynxx25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
Troll: to antagonize (others) online by deliberately posting inflammatory, irrelevant, or offensive comments or other disruptive content
Well, mess with the bull, you'll get the horns

See Fangthane I can use the quotes after all. Perhaps I can help you with a college degree? It will open a few more doors.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!