I should introduce myself.... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > The Welcome Room & New Member Intros

Notices

The Welcome Room & New Member Intros How about a place for new members to come on in, make an introduction, and meet the regulars? Talk about yourself or anything else that comes to mind, just to break the ice. Or just pull up a chair and make yourself at home for a spell.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:10 PM   #1
JudyC
I should introduce myself....

I have long lurked around Fauna but, until recently, had not felt compelled to participate much. Now, however, I find myself drawn more and more to this very unique community.

I'm an administrator and part-owner of my own herp forums, and am often too busy to even consider participating anywhere else...but maybe it's time to branch out a bit and increase my circle of herping friends.

I'm an "old" married lady with three kids aged 14, 11, and 5. My husband of 17 years is an officer in the Air Force and currently away from home...and in a couple more weeks will be winging his way toward Afghanistan for a 6-month tour there.

Due to the military lifestyle we live, my personal collection of animals must be kept very small. But when my beloved finally retires and we settle into a permanent home, I have big dreams for owning many different species and some specific breeding programs, as well as starting up some public awareness and education programs.

In the meantime, Ball-Pythons.net serves to keep me happily among all the herps I love, even if it is mostly vicariously. And it meets that intense desire to reach out and teach anyone willing to learn more about these amazing animals.

I look forward to getting to know more of the folks here and will try to help out as much as I am able.

Sincerely,
Judy Clothier
JLC -- administrator @ BP.net

Old 09-25-2007, 01:18 PM   #2
Jim O
Welcome along Judy, from another old married person with kids even older than yours.

Though not in the military, I live in a military community (Hampton Roads Virginia) and know many who have been or currently are deployed. Good luck to you and your family during your husband's absence.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
Dennis Hultman
Welcome, Judy!

Old 09-25-2007, 06:29 PM   #4
Wilomn
Hey and welcome aboard. They ONLY have short buses in this place, but some of the drivers are funny as heck.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:30 PM   #5
JudyC
I've noticed, Wes!

Thanks for the welcome, y'all!!

Old 09-25-2007, 10:00 PM   #6
jasballs
Hiya, Judy! Its very nice to have you here!!

Old 09-25-2007, 10:21 PM   #7
Mooing Tricycle
Welcome and enjoy.

Try not to take everything too seriously here at times it can get a bit rowdy!

Old 09-26-2007, 01:22 PM   #8
Drache613
Hello

Hello & welcome Judy!

Ah, my hubby & I are lived in San Antonio for 10 years, as he is from that area. I miss it. We are in florida now.
Great area for herps too!

Tracie

Old 09-26-2007, 02:56 PM   #9
JudyC
Thanks, John! It's nice to be here, too. Should be....interesting.

Alicia...I will definitely work at not taking things too seriously. I do that a lot at my other site...so hopefully will be able to unwind a bit more here.

Tracie, I love San Antonio! This is our second stint here....and as most of our extended family is up on the D/FW area, it's almost as good as being home. Maybe even better....'cause you're close enough to visit whenever you want, but far enough away to have a good excuse if you don't feel like it.

Old 09-27-2007, 12:51 AM   #10
Mad4You2
Hi Judy!

Welcome!

I, too, am a lurker on the BOI....I'm also in Texas. East Texas in Tyler - about 90 miles east of Dallas on I-20. I really enjoy San Antonio - I'm usually there for a convention or something like that so I get to do the tourist thing! Glad you are posting!

Angie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!