FDA and ANTZ - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 09-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
JColt
FDA and ANTZ

These 2 groups FDA and ANTZ (anti smoking Zealots) just love to lie and be able to get their way. They know that most American public will believe most information that is first shoved down their throats. Even though both know they are lying and fabricating or telling partial truths they are ok with it as long as they get what they want.

1. Electronic Cigarettes have antifreeze in them.

Wrong and they know the facts. They have Propylene Glycol in them. Yes years ago they stared making antifreeze with PG in it because original antifreeze killed pets when it leaked. PG does not. Also PG in electronic ecig is FDA food grade. It is used in food, cosmetics and guess hat? It is main ingredient in ASTHMA INHALERS

2. Flavors are geared to get children hooked.

Jesus... No it is not. Not even close. Coke is geared for children to drink Rum? Can't adults have what they want?

3. Ecig is gateway to smoking Tobacco.

No, electronic cigs are a gateway to get off Cigs. All the FDA approved gum, patches, pills have like a 3% quitting rate. Last study showed people on ecig had 70% rate of stopping or reducing cig intake.

4. Not studied

Incorrect. FDA has not done study. They won't either because they know outcome. Many Doctors have done studies and concluded this was much safer than smoking. CASAA (The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alternatives Association) had a well known University professor do an extensive research and it came out very positive.

A French consumer group magazine put out an article stating ecigs were as bad as smoking. FDA and ANTZ were quoting them left and right while CASAA study that was a year long was ignored. A damn French Consumer Mag

5. Don't know what's in Liquid

Eliquid should be regulated by FDA. This I have no problem with. To say they don't know though is incorrect. Nicotine, Propylene Glycol, Veg Glycol, FDA approved food flavorings.

I don't mind responsible/reasonable protections in place. I do have a problem with the outright lies and B.S though.

Concerned for the children?
Unknown?
Health? Please.
Ban Cigarettes / Ban alcohol then

Biggest fear is they will eventually gear toward such regulation that only Big Tobacco, who has ton's of throw away money to make an ecig that meets strict regulation which the average Joe could not come close to creating.

Big Tobacco has started not only creating ecigs but throwing cash at the Rep/Dems.

I have taken steps that will insure I will be ok. I know how to repair atomizers and have large amount of mechanical ecigs. All that is needed is batteries and atomizer. There will be many who cannot though and will stay smoking.

Regulation should be out in Oct. Can only hope they use appropriate measures. Good chance as there is a lot of tax money to be collected.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!