Bad Guy Beware bad pet store - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
 Sponsors »  Breeders | Dealers |  Importers/Exporters | Caging | Feed | Supplies | Services | Events 
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Product Reviews |  Classifieds!   | Photo Gallery   | Banner Advertising 

Want to help support this site? Click here.

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Canadian Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Canadian Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the Canadian herp industry. YOUR FULL NAME is required for each message you post.

Closed Thread

Old 04-23-2012, 05:29 PM   #1
dwh reptiles
Beware bad pet store

I feel I must let the herp community know of an issue I have had concerning a retail vendor. I am an avid hobbiest and have numerous species and generally when I buy my feeders I buy from respected breeders (crickets, mice). I found my self at King Edward pets last Thursday perusing their exotic inventory. When I was there I picked up two live feeder mice. I have a couple of bloods that are not interested in frozen. I returned home fed the snakes and a day later discovered both snakes dead. Both were healthy and vibrant prior to feed. I feel I take meticulous care of my animals and never house or feed any animal together. All my animals are vet checked regularly and are given the latest in care. I was crushed to discover both these snakes had succumb. Logic tells me that there was clearly an issue with the feeders I purchased from King Edwards pets in New Westminister, B.C.. I packaged the snakes and took them in to King Edwards to show them in the hopes they would pull their feeder stock. I was not looking for replacement of snakes (Although some courtesy would have been appreciated), rather was my concern for the rest of the people who could be feeding tainted feeders. I spoke with the owner who called me a liar, and suggested that I was insane and that this was impossible. I had both photo evidence of a possible problem and both dead snakes with me. They were not the least bit interested in hearing this issue and were condescending and rude. I offered that may be we at the very least share the cost of a necropsy to mitigate any further issues. I was laughed out of the store. I am going to do it myself and am considering legal action. I must deplore the herp community to think very hard before purchasing any feeders or live stock from this vendor. There accountability and customer service was completely unacceptable.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
hhmoore
The name of the person/business (the subject of the thread) is required to be shown in the title of BOI threads. This thread has been locked, and will be removed in the near future. If you want to copy/paste the text into a properly formatted thread, this is your opportunity.

Old 04-23-2012, 05:39 PM   #3
hhmoore
btw - I don't think you mean to "deplore the herp community"....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread