Jerry Detwiler: Dishonest, unprofessional and at it again - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-03-2004, 10:03 PM   #1
ajcasillas
Angry Jerry Detwiler: Dishonest, unprofessional and at it again

I hate posting negative comments, but I am left with no choice.
Back in November, I posted a female het sunglow, along with a male pastel. The only reason I was selling them was because I knew I was going to be short on my property tax bill.

In the past I have done business with Jerry, including trading 2.1 of my het sunglows for some of the F4s he produced, and some other odds and ends. Since I considered him a friend that I could trust, I shipped my het sunglow female and my male pastel to him without payment. They were shipped on November 4th.
I made it clear to Jerry that I needed to have my money by December 20th at the latest in order to pay my taxes by the end of the year. He gave me his word that I would have the money way before then. He owed me $1525.

A few weeks after that, Jerry told me he was selling a Barranquilla female that I agreed to take toward his bill. He now owed me $1200. That is when Jerry began not returning my phone calls and making up excuses for not returning my calls.

The 20th of December came and went. No money. Jerry said he would overnight the money to the home of the relatives we spent the holidays with. No money. Jerry said he would send me the remaining money before the end of the year. No money.

After the year ended and a few weeks of no returned phone calls, Jerry told me he had a pair of cb emerald tree boas he got from a Mr. Green. He told me he would send them to me for what he had in them. At this point I was suspecting I was being ripped off, so I agreed to take them. He now owed me $800. I was told by him that when he shipped the boas, he would include the check. Well I got the boas on 1/22 as scheduled, but to my amazement, no check. When I called him he told me he forgot to put it in, but that he had already mailed the check.

He again avoided my calls some more and even called me on the 25th guaranteeing that I would get my check "in time to pay my taxes". Since then, he has not returned ONE of my calls, I still have not received the check that was supposedly in the mail, and he even has the female het sunglow that started this posted right now on another websight dated 2/1/04.

There is plenty more, but I think this is enough for now.
Jerry, do the right thing and take care of business.
Aaron J. Casillas

Old 02-03-2004, 11:48 PM   #2
The BoidSmith
Aaron,

You don't deserve this aggravation and I was hoping that by this time he would have paid you. One of your dh sunglows was offered for sale a while ago but the potential buyer was completely unaware of the story behind her. Hope everything gets squared away. By the way, the dh ghost is doing great!

Best of lucks!

Old 02-03-2004, 11:54 PM   #3
odatria
Re: Jerry Detwiler: Dishonest, unprofessional and at it again

Quote:
Originally posted by ajcasillas

Jerry, do the right thing and take care of business.
Aaron J. Casillas
Well, unfortunately it is highly doubtful that he will do the right thing. I will leave my personal comments out of this. His track record speaks volumes.

Prior B.O.I Headlines...

Jerry Detwiler: Dishonest, unprofessional and at it again ajcasillas The Original Board of Inquiry 1 51 02-04-2004 04:48 AM
by alvaro

Jerry Detwiler Canopy Creations BAD GUY!!!!!! Michael Y The Original Board of Inquiry 53 3145 01-29-2004 10:04 PM
by hogboa

Jerry Detwiler..."Con artist of the year award "

Michael

Old 02-04-2004, 12:06 AM   #4
ajcasillas
I just spoke to one of Jerry's victims. I cannot believe all the lies that have come out of Jerry's mouth.

Here is an email of me asking him about my money:

Aaron, I am very sorry I have been running on about 3 hrs sleep. The funds never came from the guy, I am going to the Bank sometime tomorrow to see what I can do. I thought reposting them would prompt the guy or another sale. I will get with you tonight. Thanks, Jerry

----- Original Message -----
To: tylewyle@earthlink.net
Sent: 1/2/04 10:17:38 PM
Subject: Jerry,

I have been leaving messages and I guess you aren't getting them. Your wife told me your mother had another stroke on Saturday. I hope she is doing better.
What is the status on the money order your friend sent you. When I spoke to you on Saturday you were suppose to call back and let me know about the wrong name on the one he sent you. Did you the sell the het sunglow when you posted her earlier this week?
Please call me and touch base with me and let me know when I should expect the $1200. My tax bill is already late, but I can avoid further penalty if I pay it ASAP.
Hope everything is going well,
Aaron

I don't think I have much of a chance getting my money back since we did a trade, but hopefully no one else will get ripped off by him again.

Glad your snake is doing well Alvaro.
Aaron

Old 02-04-2004, 12:14 AM   #5
hogboa
Typical Jerry

He really owes me......never paid me 1 cent. No replies,no calls, no nothing.Dave Derrick @ East TN Reptiles

Old 02-04-2004, 03:15 PM   #6
Chris Red
I'm not sure if Jerry got me!!!!

Let me start by saying Aaron is one of best friends.....he is AAA Tops!!!
I overnighted Jerry like 3400.00 for some snakes ,like he asked me to.....and he gave me the run around for about 1.5 months before sending the snakes!!! Every time we spoke the snakes were going to be shipped the next day....NOT!!!!!!! He did send the snakes....... I sure hope this Het. Albino is a Het. Albino...I'll know very soon!!!!

Old 02-04-2004, 08:38 PM   #7
brucestephenson
Here is the URL for the U.S. Government's Internet Fraud Complaint Center, for anyone who has been ripped off:

on-line Web portal located at www.ifccfbi.gov

Old 02-04-2004, 08:49 PM   #8
leps23
Thumbs up

I have Known ajcasillas for over 5 years, and consider him a good friend and stand-up person to deal with; within the reptile industry.
We have made several deals over the years including a boa purchase that I made with him back in May. Aaron produced several DH sunglow boas and offered me a pair of them.
We discussed a payment plan that we both aggreed with, and considered the deal done. Aaron then offered to front me the animals since it would take several months to pay them off.
I decided to buy the animals, and pay them off over the next few months. All in all, I consider Aaron an extremely easy person to do business with, and I am sure I will buy somthing from him this coming breeding season.
Hopefully this matter will be resolved and Jerry will step up to the plate to pay his debt.

robert edwards

Old 02-05-2004, 10:12 PM   #9
ajcasillas
still haven't heard from Jerry

Here is an email I sent Jerry Detwiler at Canopy Creations after he posted the snake he hasn't finished paying for:

Hey Jerry,
Still haven't received the money order yet and still haven't heard from
you.
I hope you sell my snake so you can pay me my $700.
Aaron

Aaron, I got back from Baltimore yesterday evening. I will call you
today. Jerry
----- Original Message -----
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 00:04:40 -0600 (CST)
To: canopycreations@usa.com
Subject: Message about: 1.1H YPOS 100% HET ALBINO< 50% HET SNOW SAVE
$500

My snake is still for sale on another website, and I am still waiting for his call from February 2nd.
Still no call, still no money.

[color=red]

Old 02-19-2004, 09:59 PM   #10
ajcasillas
Jerry?

Since my last post, I have emailed and phoned Jerry Detwiler of Canopy Creations. Still no response.
Jerry still owes me $700 for my het sunglow female I sent him last Noverber.
He has since been kicked off of Kingsnake, so hopefully he won't be ripping off or lying to anyone anymore.

Aaron Casillas

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!