Enchi vs Super Enchi - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 10-27-2014, 12:15 PM   #11
TripleMoonsExotic
Thanks, Deb. You're spot on about the subtleties in Enchi vs Super, that's why side by side is most helpful. Looking at the male I posted, did you have any thoughts to share?

The male's second clutch is hatching now, so far I've got one Cinnamon Enchi out with 4 more I'm waiting on to make an appearance (looks like one Cinnamon something and 3 Normal something's are pending). We'll see as they come out!

Old 10-27-2014, 12:32 PM   #12
hhmoore
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Do not lecture me, Samantha. I have been a member of this forum for 12 years.
She was trying to be encouraging, there was no call for two condescending responses...especially since you KNOW the forums aren't as active as they used to be, AND that given the specific images you requested you wouldn't get many replies. Get over yourself, Steph.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:37 PM   #13
Pasodama
In terms of your boy, he appears to have a reduced side pattern, his eye appears to be on the lighter side of the norm, and there is a head pattern but difficult to see what it truly looks like.
Considering these things, and what he has produced, it is quite possible that he is a Super. However, I cannot say with 100% confidence. Your second clutch, by him, can be pretty telling.
BTW I love his mustache/smile.

Old 10-27-2014, 12:47 PM   #14
TripleMoonsExotic
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmore
She was trying to be encouraging, there was no call for two condescending responses...especially since you KNOW the forums aren't as active as they used to be, AND that given the specific images you requested you wouldn't get many replies. Get over yourself, Steph.
I'm not going to argue with you, Harald. I didn't find the post to be "encouraging", only irritating, but you're differing opinion is noted. I also hardly have to "get over myself"...I'm trying to initiate a discussion on the forums, not be lectured on waiting days for interactions. I believe that's already been established and we've moved on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
In terms of your boy, he appears to have a reduced side pattern, his eye appears to be on the lighter side of the norm, and there is a head pattern but difficult to see what it truly looks like.
Considering these things, and what he has produced, it is quite possible that he is a Super. However, I cannot say with 100% confidence. Your second clutch, by him, can be pretty telling.
BTW I love his mustache/smile.
Thanks again, Deb! He is not the most cooperative for picture taking, definitely a runner. For me, I'm not sure if his unusual coloring and pattern has more to do with him also being a Genetic Black Back, it's tough for me to say. Really the closest to black on the guy is his like a sir mustache (LOL)...Shame his pattern doesn't make him look like he has a monocle to match.
Attached Images

Old 10-27-2014, 12:55 PM   #15
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleMoonsExotic View Post
Thanks again, Deb! He is not the most cooperative for picture taking, definitely a runner. For me, I'm not sure if his unusual coloring and pattern has more to do with him also being a Genetic Black Back, it's tough for me to say. Really the closest to black on the guy is his like a sir mustache (LOL)...Shame his pattern doesn't make him look like he has a monocle to match.
A monocle would be so cool. LoL
I know what you mean about the pattern and his being a black back. It is a tough call on this guy.
Cannot wait to see what all the babies are in the 2nd clutch.

Old 10-30-2014, 11:43 AM   #16
TripleMoonsExotic
Whelp, we've got 3 Enchi Cinnamons and 3 Enchis. I'll take clutch photos after the remaining two come out.

I'm not sure how else to determine if he's a Super Enchi or not beyond pairing him again next year. I wasn't planning on using him, but I suppose I could pair him with the Caramel Pastel next.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:47 PM   #17
Pasodama
Congrats on the clutch/es!
Well, it sure seems as though he is a Super. Cannot imagine someone having those phenomenal odds with a couple of clutches. So, either you are the utmost luckiest gal or your boy is a Super.

Old 10-31-2014, 09:00 AM   #18
TripleMoonsExotic
And here are the babies...

3 male Cinnamon Enchis, 1 male Enchi and 1 female Enchi. In total, all 14 of his offspring this year were Enchis. If I don't find a buyer for these adult female Normals I have, I think I will try him again next year with them since I have no other plans for those girls.
Attached Images

Old 10-31-2014, 09:35 AM   #19
Pasodama
Very nice!

Old 11-13-2014, 10:05 AM   #20
TripleMoonsExotic
Ah ha! While looking for another photo, I came across this photo of the Enchi. This is a more accurate representation of his band colors! No black!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!