"Like" button on the BOI. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 08-13-2016, 09:36 PM   #1
JButera
Thumbs up "Like" button on the BOI.

Would anyone like to see a "Like" button (à la Facebook) on the BOI? I've talked to Rich about this, and he said he'd consider it if it generated enough interest from other members. There've been numerous times I find myself wanting to acknowledge (publicly) a particular post but have nothing worth saying that would be of any benefit to the majority of other members/lurkers.

Old 08-13-2016, 09:52 PM   #2
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by JButera View Post
Would anyone like to see a "Like" button (à la Facebook) on the BOI? I've talked to Rich about this, and he said he'd consider it if it generated enough interest from other members. There've been numerous times I find myself wanting to acknowledge (publicly) a particular post but have nothing worth saying that would be of any benefit to the majority of other members/lurkers.
Been there also. Quoting the post and throwing in an reply doesn't add to the discussion either.

Usually I just settle for giving the person karma.

Old 08-13-2016, 10:18 PM   #3
JButera
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Been there also. Quoting the post and throwing in an reply doesn't add to the discussion either.

Usually I just settle for giving the person karma.
I just sent you Karma, now if I didn't mention that only you and I would know. In addition, I'm not a contributing member (yet), there's no way of telling who sent me Karma unless they leave their name, which only happened once.

Old 08-13-2016, 10:35 PM   #4
GC89
I would like the Like Button.

Old 08-13-2016, 10:39 PM   #5
KBM DRAGONS
Like Button would be nice.

Old 08-13-2016, 11:01 PM   #6
Fangthane
If there's also a "Dislike" button, I'd be all for it. I think depicting the reality of the situation - showing both positive and negative reactions - would be much more interesting.

Old 08-13-2016, 11:31 PM   #7
bcr229
Quote:
I just sent you Karma, now if I didn't mention that only you and I would know. In addition, I'm not a contributing member (yet), there's no way of telling who sent me Karma unless they leave their name, which only happened once.
Ha! I tried to send some back and got the message I had to give it to others first - I forgot I gave you some recently!

Old 08-13-2016, 11:41 PM   #8
hhmoore
I've visited forums that have that feature; and, frankly, I find it annoying and obtrusive. I also think it would encourage posts that merit infractions; which creates its own issues (not to mention a piss poor argument ala Why did you give me an infraction, that post got 15 likes).
Maybe it's because I'm not an avid facebooker, but I'm not hung up on that level of reinforcement (though, like most, I do appreciate a little karma from time to time. That acknowledged, I certainly dont want/need it on display for all to see).

Quote:
I just sent you Karma, now if I didn't mention that only you and I would know.
What's wrong with that?
Of what benefit is it for others to see that you gave somebody karma?

Old 08-13-2016, 11:42 PM   #9
JButera
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Ha! I tried to send some back and got the message I had to give it to others first - I forgot I gave you some recently!
Lol, this is why we need that button. Thanks anyway.

Old 08-14-2016, 12:13 AM   #10
JButera
Quote:
Originally Posted by hhmoore View Post
I've visited forums that have that feature; and, frankly, I find it annoying and obtrusive. I also think it would encourage posts that merit infractions; which creates its own issues (not to mention a piss poor argument ala Why did you give me an infraction, that post got 15 likes).
Maybe it's because I'm not an avid facebooker, but I'm not hung up on that level of reinforcement (though, like most, I do appreciate a little karma from time to time. That acknowledged, I certainly dont want/need it on display for all to see).

What's wrong with that?
Of what benefit is it for others to see that you gave somebody karma?
Nothing, IMO a 'like' button is just a quicker and better way to acknowledge someone's post. It also allows others to know where you stand and or support in a conversation. Tbh, when I send Karma I feel like I did nothing - plus there's no way of knowing if it was even received.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!