Nothing Works With Vista! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:27 PM   #1
SPJ
Nothing Works With Vista!

My Dell piece of junk with Windows XP died on me so I went out and got a Compaq which has Windows Vista.
Nothing works with it.

None of the drivers for my scanner/printer/copier.
The software for my camera doesn't work with it.
Most of the kids games don't work with it.
And even my ATT DSL doesn't have a browser compatible with Vista.

WTH. I go to all these sites to download new drivers and even that doesn't work.

Why doesn't anything work with Vista!!!!!!!

Old 07-31-2007, 12:28 AM   #2
WebSlave
Because Microsoft and all the other software developers want you to buy all new software. Microsoft has been playing the game this way for a long time. That the other players HAVE to go along with the program.

Whenever I start up my old version of Excel and exit it I get an "error" that my software is out of date and I should upgrade it. How long before Microsoft starts purposely breaking applications with updates to XP so you HAVE to go to VISTA?

Can you even buy a new computer preloaded with XP any longer?

Old 07-31-2007, 01:08 AM   #3
Gary O
Is there not a way to load programs in XP or even 2000. I know I can on the XP Pro. if a program does not work on XP I can turn back to mack it load in 2000. WOrks pretty good.

I will see if I can find a fix for you bro

Old 07-31-2007, 01:40 AM   #4
shrap
Vista sucks. It is a Windows Me all over again. Sure it has a nice new shiny GUI and a couple of new security features, but really it is a downgrade from Xp in my humble opinion. There really is no compelling reason to switch. MS is supporting XP until sometime in 2012. Dont waste your time or money on Vista.

I was a beta tester for Longhorn/Vista and got a free retail version of both Vista Business and Vista Ultimate for my time. Guess what OS I run on all my PCs? XP and Linux. Both Vista CDs are gathering dust.

Rich,

Dell is the only one of the big boys that still offers XP on their site. But you can still get XP from most other vendors. You just have to talk to a sales rep and INSIST on XP or you will take your business elsewhere.

Old 07-31-2007, 04:33 PM   #5
WebSlave
When I got my latest computer, it came loaded with XP with a free upgrade to Vista Business. I have the Vista install disks sitting right here on my desk. Which is probably where they will remain. I haven't heard any compelling reason to change over to it. And there may be some significant drawbacks if some of my current software no longer works. Microsoft just does not have a good reputation for producing robust problem free software....... Got the reverse, actually.

I can remember years ago buying a BASIC compiler from them. The syntax manual was a real hoot. The number of commands that had statements such as "if you do this or that, results are unpredictable" was astounding. Who in their right mind would write, much less release commercially a programming language that would knowingly produce "unpredictable results"?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!