TOM PECANIC GOOD GUY - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-28-2007, 03:39 PM   #1
Royal Morphz
TOM PECANIC GOOD GUY

Please forgive me if there is already a thread about Tom, but i had to let anyone that is thinking of working with of the good experience i had with him. I was interested in an albino that was possible het hypo(sunglow) and i drove down to Phoenix to meet up with him. All went good i took the little guy back to my mother in laws house and put him in a warm quiet and dark place to be calm until we made thetrip back to Vegas. Woke up the following morning and saw that the little guy had gotten sick (Tom had fed him a few days before i picked him up) from the little bit of stress that the car ride gave him. I cleaned up his travel carrier and and put him back on the heat (85 degrees on the outside on the carrier) and called Tom a few hours later. This is where i believe Tom's best customer service was displayed, he told me that he would return my money if i wanted because this sort of thing is very serious. Now ill tell you it was lax on my part for not setting any guarantee before the purchase. Tom didn't care about that he just wanted to make sure the snake got better and i was happy. I will always give this guy the best reference that i can he made me feel very comfortable even though I'm leaving AZ with no snake at all

Thank You
TIM Johnson

Old 10-28-2007, 03:51 PM   #2
MRC31
That was nice you got your money back. I have seen many times, once they get the money that all that matters.
by the way thereis no such thing as a albino het hypo. It could be a hypo het albino.

Old 10-28-2007, 03:58 PM   #3
Royal Morphz
this snake was the product of a dh sunglow to a albino it was albino with the chance of being het for sunglow which is albino carying the hypo trait sorry for my miswording of it yes he was very cool about it all

Old 10-28-2007, 05:48 PM   #4
MRC31
So you bought a hypo het albino (hypo dh sunglow)? There is no such thing as a albino het for hypo. It is either a visual hypo or it isn't.

Old 10-28-2007, 06:00 PM   #5
DThomas
Micah is correct. There is no such thing as a het hypo. Hypo is a co-dominate trait and the 'hets" are visiual. An albino carrying the hypo gene, which would be expressed visually, is a sunglow. If you can, post a picture of the snake you bought.

Old 10-28-2007, 11:12 PM   #6
Royal Morphz
ok to clear up any miswording it was an albino that was produced with sunglow siblings and i dont have any photos as Tom allowed me to return the snake.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:40 AM   #7
MRC31
Okay then what you bought it a plain old albino het for nada.

Old 10-29-2007, 12:51 AM   #8
Royal Morphz
Thank you for your help this post is just to inform any future buyers or sellers of Tom's good customer service thank you again for your input

Old 10-29-2007, 02:10 AM   #9
hhmoore
Just curious - what terms did Tom use to describe the snake in question?
In other words, did he say it was an albino? possible het hypo (sunglow)? Did he mention the terms hypo, or sunglow at all? If so, in what context?

Old 10-29-2007, 09:23 AM   #10
Amelanistic Orca
Hi there... I am the seller in question.. Tim wasn't in full understanding of genetics I think in the first place.. This is a Kahl strain albino boa born in a clutch of sunglows... Also known as the dh to albino breeding to those that know.... I did feed this animal approx. five days ago now.. The car ride or handling by the buyer forced the little guy to regurge on the buyer within 24 hrs.. I was very adament that he was not handled, and very worried about this deal up front... Automatically I want the animal back and money in the customers hand at this point... Along the way, I noticed Tim mentioning that he thought this albino was het hypo??... I never touched that subject with him, although my girl thought I should since she caught it too, most just don't understand and I am not going to give up my/our recipes... The ad was up on kingsnake for an 07 albino male for $650 local... He wanted to work a deal on an older animal that I didn't want to part with for some more cash, but in the end I did just refund his money... Never any misrepresentation, just professionalism... Thanks..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!