Bad Guy Samantha Walters / A&S Reptiles - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:12 AM   #41
Shiacolyte
1.) You're right Sam it is a he said / she said, sadly I lost my information.. luckily I didn't lose information from 5 months ago when we bought her asking for help, or I would be screwed...

2.) 1000 grams in a month?!?! are you serious, sure I was upset when you told me she dropped all the weight and gained it back in 3 months (supposedly) but this... this just floors me.

3.) All it takes is 1 customer to have 1 bad experience with business and that pretty much wipes out all your "atta boys", if and when we get to the point where we are a "business", if I have a customer come to me with a problem.. you better believe the first thing I do is make sure I make it right and I can safely assume that almost any big name breeder / business will say the same.

4.) No, you're right.. if a hatchling eats 3 times and then moves onto the new home, it is not the responsibility of the breeder... first, this isn't a hatchling, it's a big female.. something that DRASTIC weight loss should only happen in egg laying. Second losing so much weight in such a short time span, then regaining it on a few meals in 5 months the math isn't there.. the facts aren't there Sam, we've had her for 5 months.. you say you sold her to us at 2000 grams (your words, my fault I didn't check when I got home.. not the issue here) so you sold her to us at 2000 grams.. this snake hasn't eaten once.. on ANYTHING and she's at 1611 grams.. 5 months.. 389 grams.. there's the math for ya.. no where near 1000 grams.

5.) I'm sorry that Tom got a hit for not mentioning my name, I'm totally ok with it as I like to just sit back usually and see what happens, I don't prefer to cause turmoil.. but this had to be done. As for my relationship with the pecanic's.. we had bought a boa from them some time back (who is amazing and doing wonderfully), this guy.. comes out and volunteers his time to personally try and help get a snake that I got from YOU back to where it needs to be, correct me if I'm wrong but should I not take help offered? should I turn it down and just give it away? No, this snake has been through enough and she's going to get the help she needs and HOPEFULLY she makes it through this all to have a very long life (as long as snakes have lol)

(((for those reading if my thoughts are jumbled here and weird.. sorry just woke up)))

Old 07-16-2012, 11:15 AM   #42
Shiacolyte
(((edit, meant that to say I'm ok with Tom having said our name.. not that I'm ok with him getting dinged.. sorry for that )))

Old 07-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #43
Brandy Pecanic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiacolyte View Post
(((edit, meant that to say I'm ok with Tom having said our name.. not that I'm ok with him getting dinged.. sorry for that )))
Tom feels he owes you Daniel, absolutely no worries. We look forward to seeing you and Shanna tomorrow night!

Old 07-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #44
FireStorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&S Reptiles View Post
Maybe I should have, but she was extremely energetic, more so than some of my baby ball pythons. If she was lethargic it would have been a different story. But that snake never stopped moving, I did not tell him she dropped that weight because I did not think it was an issue. She gained every gram back. We are at 7000 feet elevation and she came from California. It was also getting colder.
IMO, if a ball python is very active and "never stops moving" that is even more indicative that there may be an issue. It isn't normal behavior, at least in my experience.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #45
Willow
Samantha you have been reading this thread...and were actively posting before you got called out on a very large disclosure issue

How do you explain selling a sickly snake to someone and not disclosing the information?

How do you explain owning ball pythons for 5 years, and being unaware that a 50% weight loss and regain in a 6 month period makes that animal a sickly animal.

How do you explain yourself in this situation?

Old 07-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #46
A&S Reptiles
I'm currently getting ready to go to work. I dont get off til 6. I have a life outside this thread and that comes first. I will post when i can.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:39 PM   #47
Amelanistic Orca
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willow View Post
Samantha you have been reading this thread...and were actively posting before you got called out on a very large disclosure issue

How do you explain selling a sickly snake to someone and not disclosing the information?

How do you explain owning ball pythons for 5 years, and being unaware that a 50% weight loss and regain in a 6 month period makes that animal a sickly animal.

How do you explain yourself in this situation?
All legitimate questions!

Old 07-16-2012, 12:41 PM   #48
Willow
Quote:
I'm currently getting ready to go to work. I dont get off til 6. I have a life outside this thread and that comes first. I will post when i can.
Well enjoy your day at work then...I really hope the $160 something you made off this animal was worth the reputation to your business that you have now and will suffer from this mistake.

Selling a sick snake, without disclosing that information to the person buying the animal, does deserve a bad guy thread. Any snake that looses 50% of its body weight (without laying eggs) and regains it in less then 6 months, is a SICK snake.

Before you go blaming the person you bought the animal from...it lost and regained the weight in your care, you did not seek help from the person you bought it from, and YOU made the choice not to tell the person who bought from you. That makes this situation YOUR bad.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #49
GMTIRRILL
hymm

it seem to me that the seller should have forwarned the buyer about feeding habits of this ball python and givin a feeding card to him when he bought the animal. even though ball pythons will go off feed they should not be doing it all the time this issue could be a health issue and the buyer needs to take the python to the vet for a well check up. and the seller shouldn't sold the animal until she was feeding regulary on a set schedule. this python is in need of help due to the fact that the seller didn't wait on the sell. Shia. if you can try to pre kill the rats the python seem tobe use to life prey also you can try dip the rodent head in chicken broth to get a feeding responce. and next time Sam be up and honest about all your issues with an animal to the buyer at time of the sell you are selling a living animal not an inanimate object

Old 07-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #50
Lucille
Quote:
As they say, don't quit your day job.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!