Beardies are the best!!! - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-13-2003, 04:39 PM   #1
CheriS
Beardies are the best!!!

Beardies are my favorite of all the reptiles, although I have several species, these are the ones I have spent the most time with and have been studing for several years.

There is not a specific board for them, since I posted the same on the general lizard board Webslave has told us there will be one in the future, but I would be glad to answer any questions or share info I know regarding them on this board, PM's or email.

This is Sandy, one of ten I have raised, going down for her brumation.

Old 01-29-2003, 06:23 PM   #2
BrianB
She's a pretty girl, Cheri. How big is she?

Old 01-29-2003, 07:00 PM   #3
CheriS
Sandy is 19 months now, approx 600 grams (my scale only went to 500 and she passed that a several months ago) and 19+ inches long. 1/2 German Giant

She has not been breed, but she is the only one of them all I would think about breeding due to her great health, personality and she does seem smarter that the others. Also her color, I am partial to the gold dragons. We have about 2 dozen people that have asked for one of her offsprings (of course when the time comes I realize several will disappear )

I have a male that I bought a year ago at age 6 months that is pure GG, pinkish white/platium/gold with the thought of him being a mate for her, but he is a real couch potatoe and does not seem to have the intelligence she does, so I am not sure about breeding them. I kinda hoped we would find another breeder with a nice male with some of the same traits to breed her too. Hard to do as so many are so far from us and I would not send her off anywhere.

So we keep looking out for one that does have them at shows and in ads and I have bought a couple of younger males, but have ruled them out already for different reason... I don't want to breed them just for the sake of breeding and selling babies, so they remain beloved pampered pets. I want to breed her to produce babies that can improve other lines with her heartiness and intelligence, which I think is why some other breeders have asked for some of her offspring.

I am looking for a GG only, very healthy, he has to be a big boy and I would like to see more personality than the couch potatoe, and she seems to have very little interest in him except to rile him up when they have been able to see each other.

Know any? I have no problem paying for quality, I have paid far more than what a normal 6 month old would sell for because I thought he was well worth it. Although still not what I wanted 100%, I still think he was worth it and would produce some very nice size and healthy offspring. I would also be willing to share the first clutch with the owner of a male breeder that fit that and did not want to sell him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!