Todd Seadorf of Palm Beach Exotics..... - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-04-2003, 10:50 PM   #41
colubridman88
last one i swear

Hey David, This is really over, right? Todd agreed to pay the vet bill, right? And you have only proved that you told a half lie. He said he wouldn't pay it all, right? And he shouldn't, the snake should not have been out in 20 degree weather for 30 minutes(YOUR FAULT). Even if the heat pack was working(as you claim it was not), the ambient temp inside the box would have only been 35 degrees. So maybe you should get YOUR OWN PACKAGES SHIPPED TO YOU. I SUGGEST IF YOU CAN'T BE THERE WHEN A PACKAGE IS DELIVERED...........USE DELTA. You should work on your competence, it seems to be lacking. I am not going to monitor this post anymore, so if you have anything useful to say, Davey boy, email me. BTW thanks for the response Ken, But todd thanked me for everything i said on this thread.Especially because he knows i don't post here.
Hoping Dave Feels better and hoping he will use his brain the next time he gets a snake shipped to HIM(NOT HIS FRIENDS),
Tom Teasdale

Old 12-04-2003, 11:11 PM   #42
DavidBeard
LOL...well, I hope for yours and Todd's sake that that was truly your last post, because you are definitely not helping anything and are only showing how incompetent you really are. With friends like Tom, who needs enemies?

Old 12-04-2003, 11:14 PM   #43
ldydrgn
Had the snake been shipped to David it would have sat on the doorstep for quite a while longer.. where is the sense in that? The life of the animal is not "trivial" to us which is why I had David request her to be shipped to our apartment . Todd chose Airborne, not David. David shipped via UPS and the snakes arrived to Todd just fine, yes? He also shipped them under MY instruction. You are doing your best to deflect the blame to others. I have witnesses and David arrived here not long after the snake did. So, again, show me YOUR proof that we are to blame. Also, I uploaded the pics to my photo album shortly after David left with the snake, she was here maybe one whole hour TOTAL. The wound was not draining, was not shiney, therefore it had healed over somewhat, not a fresh wound. We have rehabbed a few snakes, we know what a fresh wound looks like. There are no holes in my story. There are no holes in David's. I have done my best to cover it all honestly and truthfully. Todd admits to not knowing that Airborne did not request a sig. Todd is now canceling his Airborne account. Doesn't that say to you that he accepts responsibility for the bad choice he made?

Old 12-04-2003, 11:59 PM   #44
sychoram
Quote:
Originally posted by DavidBeard
and was even keeping the snake on aspen bedding.....
ok someone tell me when aspen was put on the nono list for snakes. Did i miss that or is it only bad for bloods

Old 12-05-2003, 12:13 AM   #45
Wilomn
Maybe I missed something here, are jesse and tom the same person?

I find it highly unlikely that a snake would develop a URI to the point that mucous(sp) was coming out its nose in 30 minutes. The fact that David had it sent to a place where people were waiting for it to arrive instead of his home where there was no one also speaks well for him. I can't find anyplace where David lied, perhaps you could point it out tom/jesse.

I can see where todd lied. He not only shipped a snake that obviously had an active URI but one that had a wound that only a blind man could miss.

tom/jesse, if I ever need help, PLEASE, PLEASE do not try to help me.

It really seems that todd is not to be held accountable for the delivery man not knocking/ringing but it is at that point his innocense comes to an end. The snake was sick and wounded when it was shipped.

Wes Pollock

Old 12-05-2003, 12:20 AM   #46
colubridman88
Wes

I am posting on more thing at jesses request. He loves this site and doesnt want me to get him in trouble with the moderator. Wes, read the first reply i posted. That will answer your question.Thanks. And in regards to the trivial issue, Michelle if you bothered to READ the post, i said that todd would never lie about something so trivial. Never did i say that the snakes life was trivial, READ THE POST. Dont twist words.
Tom Teasdale

Old 12-05-2003, 12:35 AM   #47
Wilomn
It's not really important who you are though if you're not jesse and you are using his account to post you are violating the TOS here.

The simple facts are todd lied. Then he got caught. Then he seems to willing to make it better. So far so good, so far.......

Bottom line is he, todd, lied and you don't seem to see or want to admit that.

History seems to repeat itself fairly often here. todd wasn't willing to do anything until he found out that it was being posted on the BOI. Then his "friend" helps him kill his reputation.

I think the next step is finding god and appologizing to all the nice people for being such a jerk.

Did I miss anything?

Wes Pollock

Old 12-05-2003, 12:39 AM   #48
sychoram
Quote:
Originally posted by wilomn

History seems to repeat itself fairly often here. Did I miss anything?

Wes Pollock
yes and when he decides who is winning Good Ole Wes jumps right on the band wagon and becomes a major player.

Old 12-05-2003, 01:06 AM   #49
Wilomn
Let me quote a famous carrot muncher for ya

"he don't know me vewy well, do he?"

Wes Pollock

Old 12-05-2003, 01:09 AM   #50
Donnie Smith
Hi!

Most everyone here knows who I am even though most of you know me as "Your Sick Uncle Morti." If anyone would like to doubt my expertise in snakes, please post here so you can be scoffed at openly.

Michelle (ldydrgn) is my wife, and it was our place that the snake was delivered to. David (bless his trusting little soul) told us that he was getting this snake and we volunteered to accept shipment for him. I was happy to do this as I know I could make a pretty good inspection of the snake upon arrival.

I have never had a good experience with airborne express. I was not aware that this was the method of shipping, or I would have advised David to request a change of shipper or back out of the deal. All that has already been hashed out.

When I did open the package, the temperatures in the box were close to the temps outside... High 30s. In retospect, I suppose I should have grabbed my temp gun and gotten an exact reading, but I was FAR more concerned about the well being of the animal.

I had to dig through a giant mound of shredded paper to even get to the heat pack. It was putting out precisely NO heat. It was cold to the touch. I should know. I touched it. There is no other way to describe or debate it... either due to ignorance or negligence on the part of the shipper, the heat pack had failed. That, to me, is just sad.

The wound is unlike any wound I had ever seen on snakes, and with the rescues I have seen, I've seen all kinds. It is perfectly circular, about 1/2 inch diameter. it sits about 2 inches anterier of mid body and about half an inch left of dorsal. I would not even begin to speculate on what caused it. It looks like a very small cookie cutter hole. While it was still raw looking when I unpacked the snake, it had begun to scab over and the edges looked especially crusty as though it had been there for a while. with the size of the wound, had this occured in shipping, there would have been blood and scale tissue in the bag. This was absent.

As has also been mentioned, the snake sprayed a fair amount of mucus on my wife's legs when we were attempting to warm her up. That doesn't happen from being at cold temps for 30 minutes either.

I know many people who would have sent this snake back and demanded their trade returned. I personally think that David was very fair and resonable in how he suggested that the situation be handled. I am glad that Todd agreed to the terms and when I hear that the situation has been resolved, it will be a happy day. All that having been said, I am not pleased with people who get on the BOI and spout things about which they have no knowledge purely in defense of a friend.

I am posting in defense of noone. Just stating facts. Speaking of Facts, Tom, You said,
Quote:
Well, If todd says the wound wasn't there then i believe him. He doesn't lie. Especially about things as trivial as snakes. He is a very respectable person. His job requires that he is very honest.
So why don't you practice what you preach wen you say things like:
Quote:
READ THE POST. Dont twist words.
Thanks for your time.
-Donnie "morti" Smith

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!