Inquiry Inquiry on Todd Gearheart - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-23-2009, 02:52 PM   #11
mvite
Thank you for the warning about this seller!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Someone should notify Paypal that he is charging a fee that is specifically against their TOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

City slickers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-23-2009, 03:02 PM   #12
Shadera
I hate when people mention an added charge for paypal. For goodness sakes, it's only 3% and that should be figured in as a cost of doing business. Add it onto the price of the animal if you have to, but don't nickel and dime on the details it just looks tacky and unprofessional.

What happened before the days of internet? "I need to charge you a fuel surcharge so I can drive down to the bank to deposit your payment when I receive it".

I agree, thank you for the warning.

Old 01-23-2009, 04:57 PM   #13
KNOBTAIL
You know,

Had he contacted me and said, I dont have the Anoles as yet, but they are coming in, and I will let you know about the status once I get them and hydrate them or make sure they are in good condition, I would have been thrilled.. But you dont send a proforma invoice looking for full payment with these ad-ons and not have anything available !

Its one thing to take a deposit if you have the animal on hand, but he not only did NOT have any of the Anoles , if you began questioning him, then as his email indicated, business should be taken elsewhere.... You can imagine what would have transpired had he not come through with my order after paying in advance.. How does one get there money back under those circumstances !!!!

The answer is simple.............they dont. This has nothing to do with his animals but his Method of operation which I rightfully believe should be brought to everyones attention when one attempts to conduct business this way..

Old 01-23-2009, 07:41 PM   #14
xenesthis13
Clearing the fog of Jerry's lies

Jerry and I have a personality clash. I can't stand his rudeness and threatening personality. He has told several lies here about me trying to make me out to be somebody that I'm not and telling lies about my business. Of course, I'm going to have something to say about that.

Some facts:

1) I never posted a disclaimer that said the Anoles pics were the actual ones being sold or a representative of the species. Jerry tries to make it out like I deliberately did that and I did not.

2) I pay sales and fed. taxes and my records are solid. I resent this jerk's accusations and lies. He needs to check himself before he opens that mouth of his.

3) It's a free market and society. If somebody wants to pay 100% in advance for something because they want it bad and want to be ahead of everybody else, they have that right. They can choose to pay a 50% deposit and they can also choose to wait to see what's left over and take their chances and getting what they want and the quantity. I simply gave Jerry that option. He could have said, I'll wait till they come in and I'd email him some pics and he can see what's left over then, but no, Jerry was a JERK and the way he wrote to me was rude and completely over the line.

4) I and other businesses have a right to charge a P & H fee. They can choose to not list it and increase the price of their animals or they can charge one. It has nothing to do with paypal. I charge the same on non-paypal charges. Again, Jerry is talking out of his ass and I resent the crap coming out of it.

5) Jerry wanted 10 A. roquet on the phone and I made up an invoice for him. Then, after sending him the payment request, he was rude and blasted me and "switched" his order to A. extremus with no reason or anything. Maybe a memory problem or something, but he wasted my time on the phone and my accountingi processing time creating an invoice for what he said he wanted.

6) I cancelled the order due to Jerry being a complete jerk. As business people, who know every now and then you run into one of those irrational, overly demanding types that wants something for nothing and can't be pleased. Well, Jerry is just that in my opinion.

7) Jerry claims he is tax exempt, but fails to show me proof, but has the audacity to question whether I pay taxes - JERK!

8) Jerry is lying here about what he said about meeting at the store to pay me and just pick up the anoles. Read below what he said and you can see what I'm talking about. It's a plain outright threat. He made it twice before I told him anymore emails like that from him or any other communications I will consider it harassment.

What Jerry wrote to me:

"Let me know the next time you intend to be at Underground and I will make it my business to meet you there. JERRY"

He and I do not know each other. He thinks he knows me, but he doesn't understand that I have been doing this for a very, very long time successfully and I do not screw over customers. Longevity proves that in any business. I have too many positive reviews, thousands of transactions with hundreds of happy customers all of this nation and in other nations. I do not appreciate his lies and filth, his rudeness and his total jerk personality. I understand he is in the IN crowd here on Fauna and there are some that have no problem with him. There is no bad business being done. This simply a personality clash, but Jerry took it further and I will respond with the facts of the matter. Like I told Jerry, I know his type. I want nothing to do with him. Somebody else can deal with him. Be my guest.

I have hundreds of repeat customers for over two decades because of my business practices. Jerry should stick to his flies and try to keep that rude, New York attitude in check when communicating with somebody. IF he wasn't such a jerk and wrote what he did, he and I could have done business next week. He would get great anoles. I'd get paid. Mutually happy campers, but NO, Jerry was a complete jerk and then he comes on here to spread lies and spout his negativity like a kid mad because they didn't get their toy that they wanted.

He has shown me that he is a very vindictive type of person. I do not care for him at all.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:34 PM   #15
John E Dove
Mr. Gearheart,
I gotta ask a silly question about the following;
Quote:
P & H + accounting processing fee (3% of invoice total)
Are you telling me that the "P & H + accounting processing fee" on the purchase of a $125 sling would be $3.75 but the same "P & H + accounting processing fee" would only be $0.45 on a $15 sling?

Now any idiot knows the actual cost of " P & H + accounting processing" would be be the same on like animals. To me this this looks to be a rather questionable business practice. Maybe even legal theft, unless of course it is a penalty on pay pal users.

Of course reading through the other thread on you from 2007 I know you never do anything you cannot justify, at least to yourself.

Old 01-23-2009, 10:58 PM   #16
xenesthis13
free market

John,

For larger orders, which require larger boxes, potential two heat packs instead of one, larger cup size, etc., sure, it goes up.

I and others also reserve the right to reduce that or eliminate it for a long-term customer or whatever I choose as well, as like I said, it's a free market and society.

Some businesses hide or slip their p & h into their animals prices, some list it separate. I even know of one business that does shipping prices at below known rates for shipping as a lure for customer to buy with them. The customer will choose whether they buy from a business with or without a p & h. From my long experience, customers go with the business that has what they want first and foremost, then they consider rep, p & H and shipping costs and other factors. If the don't like something, they are free to go elsewhere. I've shipped to practically every state in our nation and over seven countries to hundreds of satisfied customers for over two decades now. Trying to make and fabricate an issue out of nothing or worse yet, make false allegations is a new social ill in our internet society where people think just because they have the power to type and put something on the net, people think it is true. Sad. Many are very disgusted with such practices and habits in others that engage in that slim. This crap by Jerry is a classic example. An internet forum such as this one will not be the judge of people. The customers will be - always. They speak with their demand for items that I supply and have done so for a long time successfully and that is what I concentrate on and that is exactly what I will do in this case as well.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #17
ReptileJay
Now... I've never dealt with either of the parties involved here, but I do have a few comments and questions that I feel may be relevant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenesthis13 View Post
1) I never posted a disclaimer that said the Anoles pics were the actual ones being sold or a representative of the species. Jerry tries to make it out like I deliberately did that and I did not.
Wouldn't you think that the disclaimer would be posted to state that the animals pictured are NOT the animals that are actually for sale??? It seems that most people would expect the pictured animals in an ad to be the animals that the ad is attempting to sell. By using stock photos, a disclaimer would be a fairly important thing to post... However, if the animals in the photo are the actual animals for sale, a disclaimer would be completely unnecessary.

Quote:
6) I cancelled the order due to Jerry being a complete jerk. As business people, who know every now and then you run into one of those irrational, overly demanding types that wants something for nothing and can't be pleased. Well, Jerry is just that in my opinion.
Asking for photographs of the animals you are considering purchasing as well as explanation of fees being charged does not seem like "wanting something for nothing". Nothing I have read regarding either side of this transaction shows ANY indication of Jerry asking for anything unreasonable.

Personally, I find some of the comments made by Todd fairly insulting and narrow-minded... (for example the constant "New York Attitude" comments)... From what I've read here, it seems like the person with the attitude problem may well be Todd, and not Jerry...

Old 01-23-2009, 11:15 PM   #18
xenesthis13
pics

Jason,

I agree with you, it is not stated in the ads and when people have inquired via email or phone, I told them those were stock pics and they still wanted the anoles What Jerry lied about was saying that I said they were the actual animals. I never said nor listed an ad like that. That is a bold-faced lie.

As for Jerry's request for pics, nothing wrong with that at all. I agree.

What was wrong was the manner and rudeness in which he did and how he treated me.

Per a phone call I just had from a Fauna member here, they said Jerry has a brash rep and hot head here and I sure got that impression from his comms as well.

Not all New Yorker's are bad. Some are good friend's of mine, but most know the type that I'm referring to - the rude ones. Everybody knows that type.

Old 01-23-2009, 11:43 PM   #19
critical bill
Quote:
Not all New Yorker's are bad. Some are good friend's of mine, but most know the type that I'm referring to - the rude ones. Everybody knows that type.
What a Re-Todd thing to say.

Old 01-24-2009, 07:27 AM   #20
lanceheads
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
What a Re-Todd thing to say.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!