Hearty mashed potatoes for cold weather - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen

Notices

Chuck Kimmel's "What's Cooking?" Kitchen Whats Cooking: A cooking forum designed for fauna members to share recipes and other culinary delights with each other. Bon Appetit!

Old 12-09-2013, 11:45 AM   #1
Lucille
Hearty mashed potatoes for cold weather

12 oz pkg bacon
5 slices American cheese
4 or 5 medium(6-7 inch) potatoes
milk
butter
salt

Fry and drain bacon and chop into 1/2 inch pieces.
Peel potatoes, slice into 1 inch pieces and boil until tender
Drain potatoes, add 2 tbsps butter and a cup of milk and 1 tsp salt, mash
Tear the American cheese into one inch pieces, gently fold the cheese pieces and bacon bits into the mashed taters
Put into an ovenproof pan and heat for 30 minutes at 300.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:44 PM   #2
AbsoluteApril
For those that are lazy (and cheap) like me -

package of four cheese Idahoan instant potato mix (~$0.99) - make as directed, before serving, sprinkle with shredded cheese and bacon bits, mix until cheese is melted in. Enjoy the super cheesy hearty goodness

Old 12-10-2013, 10:44 PM   #3
LauraB
I will never admit to being lazy. I will admit that I take shortcuts. I will always admit I am cheap.

That said, Idahoan taters (a freakin' dollar a package!) are the fastest and best tasting instant ever! I, too always use real (packaged) bacon bits and sharp cheddar.

Add a tablespoon (or two) of Hellman's mayo as you blend and you will never have left overs

No offense, Lucille, your recipe sounds totally mouth-watering.

I'm just, uh ... okay ... lazy and cheap.

Old 12-11-2013, 11:05 PM   #4
Magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post

Add a tablespoon (or two) of Hellman's mayo .
Laura,

Really? Mayo on spuds?

Old 12-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #5
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
I will never admit to being lazy. I will admit that I take shortcuts. I will always admit I am cheap.

That said, Idahoan taters (a freakin' dollar a package!) are the fastest and best tasting instant ever! I, too always use real (packaged) bacon bits and sharp cheddar.

Add a tablespoon (or two) of Hellman's mayo as you blend and you will never have left overs

No offense, Lucille, your recipe sounds totally mouth-watering.

I'm just, uh ... okay ... lazy and cheap.
I love your alternative. I made real bacon and all because we had a late Thanksgiving, one son was out on an oil rig on Thanksgiving Day. (They treated the rig staff right, he actually took a picture of the giant steak almost as big as his plate, but of course he had to have turkey and trimmings when he came back into town).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!