Bad Guy International Reptile Conservation Foundation IRCF - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-01-2017, 07:21 PM   #31
bcr229
Would you two get a room and stop trashing up threads please?

Old 01-01-2017, 07:38 PM   #32
Chris Kennard
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Would you two get a room and stop trashing up threads please?
Thank you!

Old 01-01-2017, 10:09 PM   #33
tlmoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Bradley View Post
I doubt they will ever respond. This site is primarily for the herpetoculturalist and they are a conservation organization. They have not been active on this site before this issue so why would anything change? How many from Fauna were active contributors to their organization? I'm certainly not stating that they have no blame in this mess of a fundraiser however I think it is silly to think that they are intentionally dodging this site due to culpability rather there is no benefit for them to address the issue here.
(I didn't quote the political stuff. Best way to get thread totally off topic, bringing in unrelated politicians and all that other stuff. While I don't disagree with you, let's not go there.)

Anyway, I agree with you, and I hope IRCF isn't "burned to the ground" as you say. The problem is, it's a slippery slope if an organization is running raffles/lotteries/whatever and not staying within the law (not accusing them of lawbreaking necessarily, but we have a person who donated money and won but did not get the prize she won). Do we let them slide because they are a good cause? Who gets to decide that? What if it was a charity that supported something you disagree with politically? We need a consistent set of rules so that it's fair for everyone, and legal matters aren't decided by anyone's personal attachment to individuals or causes.

IRCF took money for this raffle and the winner was stiffed by Ty because he felt personally annoyed by her, apparently. Ty SHOULD make this good, but if he refuses, is Michelle supposed to just accept that?

Old 01-02-2017, 12:13 AM   #34
Casey Hulse
Quote:
Ty SHOULD make this good, but if he refuses, is Michelle supposed to just accept that?

He has refused so far, and Michelle has filed a lawsuit, and Ty has filed a counter suit. There is so much anger directed towards Ty right now, I can't imagine how people are going to feel if the court rules in Ty's favor.
I really wish someone with some authority would reach out to Ty and Michelle and try to resolve this before it escalates to another level.
I do not think anyone wants to see that.

Old 01-02-2017, 12:51 AM   #35
Insomniac101
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey Hulse View Post

I really wish someone with some authority would reach out to Ty and Michelle and try to resolve this before it escalates to another level.
I'm surprised the the court clerks didn't recommend arbitration. Every state and city has their own policies on this, but from what I understand, it's cost-effective, doesn't tie up already jammed dockets, and the decisions are final and binding.

The arbitrators are independent, and impartial - they get paid no matter what, and have no incentive to play favorites. Of course, the attorneys don't want to give away revenue, so I would guess that most firms won't recommend that their clients spend money elsewhere.

Anyway, just a thought. I'm no legal expert, and maybe the issues here are too complex for arbitration, but I know that many companies, and hospitals use their services in the event of potential lawsuits, and require new hires and patients to sign arbitration agreements.

In any case, I hope that this woman gets one of the prizes that it appears she won, fair and square.

Kathy

Old 01-02-2017, 01:24 AM   #36
snakesareawesome
You generally don't need an attorney for small claims. Hopefully, once a judgement is issued, it will be complied with quickly.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:05 AM   #37
Lucille
Quote:
I can't imagine how people are going to feel if the court rules in Ty's favor.
There are many reasons why that may happen. As has been said elsewhere, the awarding of the prize is the responsibility of the IRCF, not Ty. I am hoping that people will realize that a court loss sometimes has nothing to do with guilt or innocence, it can be the result of procedural error, as in not filing a valid claim against the appropriate party. It would be simple and inexpensive to join the IRCF into the proceedings, but perhaps better for the parties to get together and resolve these issues.

Quote:
I really wish someone with some authority would reach out to Ty and Michelle and try to resolve this
I think this could be settled. Authority is not needed, just someone who could reason with Ty, Michelle, and the IRCF.

There are several who have made good points about the past and possible future good works of the IRCF and whether this incident will harm their efforts. However, it is a fact that many disagreements are settled without litigation, and I believe that their continuing inaction means that some of the harm is their own doing.

There are many companies who exist to advise other companies in the event of an unplanned, disastrous issue. If a smaller company cannot afford that advice, there have been many books written, for example the books by Richard Levick, of Levick Strategic Communications, a crisis management firm.
A quick perusal of the field will show that in the face of disasters involving a company, silence and inaction are possibly the worst choices available.

I do get that in the face of litigation, many lawyers will advise silence to their clients while the issue is sorted out. But these days of instant internet communication, the company has to have a plan, or work around the clock to make a plan, of how to respond and not simply wait for a court date while their reputation goes down the toilet. Everyone knows that it is much harder to retrieve a reputation once lost than to step in and take measures to retain the reputation one has.

One of the oldest and most famous crisis management teaching tools was the Tylenol poisoning case from decades ago. The Tylenol brand could have been completely destroyed, and instead, Johnson&Johnson, the parent company, spent millions of dollars helping, advising, accepting returns, funding investigations.

I'm not suggesting that the IRCF spend millions, but I am suggesting that some research, and spending money for a Levick consult or even getting one of their books (available and can be overnighted from Amazon, copies from around $30 new to 1 cent used) , will show them that they have to take a hand in their own future by meeting with their staff and possibly outside advisors, and coming up with a plan. To do nothing risks continued damage to their reputation and may make them authors of their own demise, since doing nothing may sink them and the appropriate action may save them.

Old 01-02-2017, 01:08 PM   #38
Cletus Marley
Maybe they are doing something. Not posting on BOI doesn't mean nothing is being done. I sure hope so. Would be nice to see her get some resolution to all this. I'm sure Ty will be fine regardless. He has tons of support and apparently lots of money to throw at this. With enough money you can usually make anything go away.

Old 01-02-2017, 01:30 PM   #39
Frogman11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
the awarding of the prize is the responsibility of the IRCF, not Ty.
This is 100% incorrect. Ty is 100% responsible for resolving this issue, NOT IRCF. If you read Ty's words on his auction he sets/makes the entire thing up. Then choose who gets the money. Michelle you are doing the right thing by going after Ty. Hang in there and I wish you the best. I wouldn't focus on the IRCF at all they are good people and do great things. I have donated to the IRCF, John and Sandy are great people. Just so Im clear. I'm not a fan of Ty AT ALL.

Old 01-02-2017, 01:36 PM   #40
DavidBeard
Maybe if people would contact the IRCF and let them know this situation is making people think twice about donating to their organization it would make them consider resolving it.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!