Good Guy Bobby at Reptile Basics--customer service done right - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-21-2018, 01:56 PM   #1
gabrielgartner
Bobby at Reptile Basics--customer service done right

The measure of a good business and its customer service is how they treat customers when things don't go quite right. Reptile basics gets an A+ for a recent issue I had with a VE-6 rack I ordered.

The rack arrived with one of the PVC shelves broken from an impact during shipping. A side panel was cracked as well. I notified RBI right away and documented with images. Bobby offered to send replacement panels, screws, and even the proper drill bit immediately. I had a FedEx tracking number a few hours later and the panels arrived a few days after that. Disassembling the rack and putting the new shelves in was a breeze.

The rack is up and humming with a bunch of 2017 ball pythons in it right now.

So in summary--easy to do business with made right on an issue I had.

Cheers,
Gabriel Gartner

Old 02-21-2018, 09:02 PM   #2
crotalid9
Second the good guy comment

I have done a fair amount of business with reptile basics and they have been fantastic every step of the way. Even when problems have come up with shipping they have never failed to make it right. Bobby and I have done a fair amount of communicating back and forth and he certainly knows his products and is genuinely concerned with his customers getting the products that will best fit their needs. A+ service and products, I have racks and cages, hide boxes, and thermostats and have used them in a broad spectrum of situations.

Old 02-21-2018, 09:06 PM   #3
mattie92479
Good guy and great products

Old 02-21-2018, 10:16 PM   #4
JimM
I have twelve of the Reptile Basics heat panels of various sizes and after some remodeling will be adding five more. I wouldn't think of using any other ones. ... 100% satisfaction with the panels and the customer service.

I recently got two new ones and at first thought I ordered the wrong item as the new ones are not white and do not have the red 'ON' light like my older ones .... but still the same great panel.

Old 02-22-2018, 10:02 AM   #5
Herpin Man
I have ordered supplies from Reptile Basics on several occasions, and it has always been a good transaction.

Old 02-24-2018, 01:01 AM   #6
Dlaurice
Back when I first started this thing, we kept snakes in aquaria with a red light bulb above, and then I return after 20 years...I had no clue how to house baby animals in racks. RB talked me through how to set my newest acquisitions up, and they are thriving. They talked me through heating, thermostats, tape, and I am sold. I know this revelation seems silly to most, but this is such a departure for an old fool...and yet they respond to everything I ask them. They have my business for as log as I keep snakes.

Old 02-24-2018, 09:11 PM   #7
awiedoff
I too ordered a Vivarium VE-6 rack and it was damaged in shipping. Same thing, broken side panel and one shelf. Bobby got the parts out ASAP!! I actually placed 3 different orders in the same week and he refunded me shipping for 2 of them.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:20 PM   #8
Jim S
Has anybody heard from RB lately? I've called and emailed with no response ,which appears to atypical of their reputation.

Old 10-14-2018, 05:27 AM   #9
rberkley
I emailed them a couple days ago about a tub that is out of stock and got an email back the next morning.

Old 10-14-2018, 02:55 PM   #10
acecurl16
Jim --- I have always had great success with RBI and swear by them, as well as, having written several positive reviews .. but I too recently (few months back now maybe) emailed them about some supplies and never got a response back either .. perhaps a high volume time for them .. though they always got back to me immediately and took care of any problems faster than anyone else I have ever dealt with .. so not sure what might be going on!?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!