The Perfect Smaller Python? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-20-2007, 06:01 PM   #1
FuzzyMew
The Perfect Smaller Python?

I'm really looking for a good medium to small python. I do not like the ball pythons but I realllllly LOVE Carpet Pythons. I cannot own a python over 6 feet but I love the coloration of the Carpets. What type of Carpet Python could be for me? I hear the Inland Carpet pythons max out at 6, but what is a Jaya carpet python?

Are these snakes rare in captivity and are they hard to come by? I also was looking into Childrens pythons but I love the coloration of the carpets. I would love more information on Carpet pythons as I love them to death!

All I need is one to fulfill my dream collection!

Old 07-20-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
FuzzyMew
....ah I posted this in the wrong section...

Old 07-20-2007, 06:43 PM   #3
IloveSnakes1234
Irian Jaya CP's are not rare and they usually are a good price (not cheap though).
This is a good care sheet: http://www.repticzone.com/caresheets/39.html
The only bad thing is they can be a little nippy when young and you might need a couple years of excperience.
Children's and spotted pythons are a good choice.. they're small but you don't find them everywhere.

Old 07-20-2007, 06:47 PM   #4
IloveSnakes1234
my bad.. I meant experience. lol

Old 07-20-2007, 08:43 PM   #5
FuzzyMew
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveSnakes1234
Irian Jaya CP's are not rare and they usually are a good price (not cheap though).
This is a good care sheet: http://www.repticzone.com/caresheets/39.html
The only bad thing is they can be a little nippy when young and you might need a couple years of excperience.
Children's and spotted pythons are a good choice.. they're small but you don't find them everywhere.
Thanks alot! Do you think you could link me to someone who sells them or a breeder or something? I love them!

Inlands are very dark and these are light, both so beautiful I love the black on their heads (looked it up on google)

Old 07-20-2007, 09:40 PM   #6
FuzzyMew
can a mod move this where it is meant to be?

Old 07-21-2007, 12:11 AM   #7
ravensgait
Michelle since you were asking about Carpet pythons it's OK to use this forum or you could start another thread in the pythons forum.. Most of us consider them to be at least Semi Arboreal. I Keep IJs(WPs) Coastals,Diamonds a few Jungles and Coastal/Diamond crosses ETC ETC

As for Carpets your not likely to find any Inlands available in the US right now there are very very few in the country.. You can find babies of the big three for 100 bucks or so and the prices range up from there into the thousands for some of the Morphs IE Jags, Granites, Tigers ETC.

Carpets are not a bad python to start with and yes IJs AKA WPs tend to be the smallest of the Carpets you'll find available. Though most Coastals and Jungles you come across are not all that big and most males don't get much over 6 feet and many never get that size especially males. You can find Info and care sheets on any that you are interested in just by doing a search on line. Here's a site you'll find useful
http://74.220.207.106/~moreliap/forums/index.php
I think you'll find more info on Carpets and Morelia in general than on any other site.. Hey if you have any other questions ask away. Randy

Old 07-21-2007, 12:15 PM   #8
FuzzyMew
Thanks Randy,

I'll be using that site to its fullest. Also, you made me very happy because Jungle Carpets are the Pythons of my dreams and now seem obtainable.

-Michelle

Old 07-21-2007, 07:10 PM   #9
ravensgait
Your welcome Michelle, if you check around I'm sure you can find a line of Jungles that will fit your size requirements. Post some pictures and info here when you find one.. Randy

Old 07-23-2007, 06:38 PM   #10
romad119
I would also suggest a woma. Very laid back and stylin'.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!