Need opinions on a bad deal with Tim Bowles of Arboreals of the Rainforest!!! - Page 51 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 05:42 PM   #501
jim scharphorn
Quote:
Originally posted by jim scharphorn
Scott, Weather

Sorry again Tim, Looks like I need to proof read before hitting the button.

Scott, Whether.

Old 09-22-2003, 05:43 PM   #502
ScottsReptiles
Quote:
Originally posted by Darin Chappell
[b]Scott, are suggesting that Matt may have known the animal was sick before Tim sent it to him? If so, is there evidence of this being the case?
Nothing that Matt will ever probably even remotely agree to now. Honestly Darin.. if you tried to purchase a snake.. and the seller kept saying no until you agreed to pay 100% up front and to void the TOS....wouldn't that set off some sort of alarm. There is no way to get a transcript of their conversations.. so.. will just have to leave it at that. Too bad too.. that would clear up alot of things...

Old 09-22-2003, 05:47 PM   #503
jim scharphorn
Quote:
Originally posted by ScottsReptiles
Nothing that Matt will ever probably even remotely agree to now. Honestly Darin.. if you tried to purchase a snake.. and the seller kept saying no until you agreed to pay 100% up front and to void the TOS....wouldn't that set off some sort of alarm. There is no way to get a transcript of their conversations.. so.. will just have to leave it at that. Too bad too.. that would clear up alot of things...
So does that mean its ok to send a sick snake ?

Old 09-22-2003, 05:49 PM   #504
ScottsReptiles
Quote:

And as far as me and the vet. PLEASE tell me were I can have it checked for the virus, because I hame tired of having to worry about it. And Tim says he got all his checked. I find that hard to believe when I have been trying for over a month with no luck.
Did you try michigan state university.. they do have the leading vet school in the country. Being from Ohio.. can't say I know of many vets in your area. Did you pick up a phone book and start calling? I have a friend that is finishing up her last semesters of vet school.. I can ask her if she knows of someone. I have a great vet that I use.. but.. would have to make a trip to Columbus for that one. Hey.. they are open on saturday's I believe.. come down for a buckeye game.. or bring your camera.. those photography tips are still available if you are interested.

Old 09-22-2003, 05:55 PM   #505
ScottsReptiles
Quote:
So does that mean its ok to send a sick snake ?
I've accepted sick animals before... it was a turtle that had sentimental value to me and I wanted her back healthy or not. I paid to have her back. We all have reasons...

Old 09-22-2003, 06:13 PM   #506
Wilomn
Matt did not void the TOS.

scott you have not answered the question. Do you think it was right, good, OK for tim to ship Matt that snake in that state? The question was not, just to be clear, whether or not YOU have ever accepted an animal you KNEW was not well, it's whether or not it was OK for tim to ship that one particular snake to Matt.

And aren't virology and oncology slightly different fields? Or is your girlfriend a double major and you forgot to mention that part? Is she an expert in reptile viruses and their incubations as well as transmissions? If she is not then what is the relevance of bringing her into this mess?

Oh, and tim, I'm still waiting for your answer to my previous question. Do you plan on answering me? And if not, why not? You are so very vocal about so many nonrelated things, how about getting some vocalization on that answer I'm waiting for.

Wes Pollock

Old 09-22-2003, 06:18 PM   #507
Rob @ RK Reptiles
Quote:
Originally posted by ScottsReptiles
The TOS of the were not in force for this transaction with Matt were if anything happened to the animal in transit. Not the health of the animal or anything else but if the animal was damaged or killed in transit because of the carrier. The animal was shipped Sick, diseased and injected with fluids to mask the illness and try and make the animal look a little more acceptable. The animal was sent to the Vet right after arriving, was checked and the Vet started running test and such. Through all the different test the diagnosis of the virus was noted. There is no denial that the animal was sent by Tim to Matt in the condition and with the virus. Tim should have immediately refunded the money to Matt for the snake without hesitation. But instead Tim seemed to try and blame the carrier for this animals poor condition.
Another thing I really don't understand (and I don't think anyone else does either) is why you seem to continue to defend Tim. It seems to me that you (as the rest of us) would want to avoid anything to do with him and would not want to be associated at all with him. Maybe you are not associated with him in ways but by you defending him does associate you with him.

Old 09-22-2003, 07:32 PM   #508
The Dark Grove

And as far as me and the vet. PLEASE tell me were I can have it checked for the virus, because I hame tired of having to worry about it. And Tim says he got all his checked. I find that hard to believe when I have been trying for over a month with no luck.

That's an outright lie by Jim.

Here is one of the E-mails I had with him back when he was talking to me and I was helping him get the right contact info from the website provided, which gave a link to Dr. Jacobson who does the test.

quote:

On Monday, August 11, 2003, at 06:46 PM, coolcritters wrote:

Can you get the phone # for me. My Vet said the e-mail they sent him
bounced
back.
Thank you,
Jim Scharphorn
www.coolcrittersbylj.com

----- Original Message -----
To: "coolcritters"
Sent: Monday, August 11, 2003 9:41 PM
Subject: Re: # 36

go here and print it up for your vet. The address worked just fine
today so if it is the same one he used then he screwed up on typing it
in.

http://www.vetmed.ufl.edu/sacs/wildlife/Pmyx.html

Have your vet go to the sections he needs and he'll get the phone
number Jim.

What about the rest of the E-mail from tim?

R

Date: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:08:00 PM US/Pacific
To: "Ralph & Tanya Chapman"
Subject: Re: # 36

I got it now, My vet had a old e-mail addy that they had at the zoo but now
I have the phone #
Thank you,
Jim Scharphorn
www.coolcrittersbylj.com

That was the last I've heard of it. This issue with Matt/Tim is bad enough without it being complicated even more. Hope this post helps a little.

R. Chapman

Old 09-22-2003, 10:12 PM   #509
jim scharphorn
Boy Ralph Calling me a flat out lier. You of all people that has been one of my backstabers .

Them e-mails are over a month old, And after I found out that our private conversations were being forwarded to Tim and Bobby, to give them fuel to talk bad about me I quit e-mailing you.

And my Vet has contacted the vet that checks for the virus, after I recieved the phone # and after those e-mails we had.
The vet or university in florida said That they are not doing any tests right now because they are training a new person. Now if it is a lie then my Vet lied to me. I can only respond to what my Vet tells me. so how does that make me a lier.
Grow up Ralph and sell someone else a red snake that is orange.

Old 09-22-2003, 10:26 PM   #510
The Dark Grove
And my Vet has contacted the vet that checks for the virus, after I recieved the phone # and after those e-mails we had.
The vet or university in florida said That they are not doing any tests right now because they are training a new person. Now if it is a lie then my Vet lied to me. I can only respond to what my Vet tells me. so how does that make me a lier.

I'd say you either got bad information or are not telling the truth. My Vet contacted them and Dr. Jacobson's lab DOES do the test. I'll go back to my site now to make you happy but at least people can see some of the truth about you.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread