Cb Box turtles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Other For Sale/Wanteds Classifieds > Turtles/Tortoises

Notices

Old 04-19-2015, 02:14 PM   #1
Luckybuck14
Cb Box turtles

Hello I recently got married and my wife is pregnant with our 1st son which is due to be born June 29th, 2015. With that being said I have to part with my pets ecspecially my turtles because they can be harmful to a new born baby. I have numerous box turtles that I have bought from online breeders and some from other sources all of my turtles are very healthy and bought legally, they eat fruits, vegetables , pellet food and their favorite food is worms. I love my turtles and I want to make sure they go to a good home and that they get the attention they need and deserve. I wish I could I could find some way to keep them all together. I thought the best thing for them would be to release them to the wild but I was told that would be the worst thing to do since they are not wild I even tried to take them to the local zoo but they wouldn't keep them my main concern is their health. I am asking 70.00 + shipping rehoming fee per turtle maybe cheaper if some of them can stay together I paid well over that for each of them or possible trade for a small alligator snapping turtle or alligator. Please serious inquiries only I will post pictures really soon thank you
  Contact User Check User
Old 04-19-2015, 09:45 PM   #2
turtlelikes2swim
What kind of box turtles are they? I live In Pennsylvania not far from you, so there would be no need to traumatize them with shipping! I cant take them all but if you have some ornate, of gulf coast boxes I would be interested.

Old 04-20-2015, 03:13 PM   #3
Jay Sommers Reptiles
You have to part with your pets especially the turtles because they are harmful to a baby but your willing to trade for an alligator?

Old 04-20-2015, 04:08 PM   #4
Apeltes
About six years ago, I infected myself with salmonella while cleaning an alligator snapping turtle tank. I vomited so much I couldn't believe it. I've never been so sick. Please don't try to think snapping turtles are safer than box turtles. They are all equally dangerous if handled improperly. Unless there's some particular danger associated with box turtles?

(I did a quick search. Looks like the possession limit for box turtles in Pennsylvania is zero. Doesn't look like they can be kept or sold. I could be wrong. Some states have permits but I can't find anything.)

Old 04-20-2015, 08:48 PM   #5
DanGill
Eastern box turtles are illegal to buy, sell or possess in PA. Other box turtle species are legal. Please clarify what species you are selling, pictures would be a plus

Old 04-20-2015, 08:55 PM   #6
Apeltes
Shawn,
Could you let me know what type of box turtles you are offering?

Old 04-21-2015, 04:48 PM   #7
turtlelikes2swim
would like to know what kind of box turtles they are?

Old 04-21-2015, 05:34 PM   #8
bcr229
Are they the same as your prior ad?
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=501845

Old 04-21-2015, 05:35 PM   #9
Mighty J
At this rate, no one will want to post anything for sale and this Classified will no longer be. Keep something in mind please. If you have any chelonian in captivity, cb or otherwise, its parents, grandparents, great grandparents, etc. came from the wild. As for salmonella, that you can get from your turtle, preparing chicken vesuvio or not wiping your butt

Old 04-21-2015, 06:12 PM   #10
hhmoore
Mr Paul,
Based on your previous ad, I'm curious about your actual location.
Please PM me for clarification.

As for some of the other posts thus far, I suggest that people remember this is the classifieds. The "Disruptive posting in a classified ad" infraction still exists, and a good week of strict enforcement might remind people to be more mindful of what they post in ads

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!