Melanistic redfoot tortoise...? Blackfoot tortoise...? Your call-my new breeder male - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum

Notices

Turtles & Tortoises Discussion Forum This forum is for the purpose of discussing any topics concerning the turtles and tortoises of the world.

Old 06-02-2005, 04:43 PM   #11
skycock
do so. i mean i have seen some dark animals that all seemed to be just ugly individuals to me-but this one is like none other i have seen. i have email pics to several very reputable sources who all claim that i have something unusual and worth purchase. we will see. if this is just a darker colored specimen-when the babies come out they will be drab in coloration. but if the babies come out looking like the mothers then it will be a different story. post your pics though, i am interested
trey

Old 06-03-2005, 10:29 AM   #12
skycock
here are some more pics-none of my pictures are taken with a flash-just letting you guys know. he is with my two adult females you can compare colors to normals.
Trey
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2005, 10:58 AM   #13
Wilomn
Dang, now I wish I still had my big ol' redfoot. Those scale patterns don't seem to match up exactly. I'm still not positive he's not some sort of hybrid. He's still really cool though and when you get babies from his line I'd be interested.

Old 06-03-2005, 11:12 AM   #14
Vince
He is pretty cool. I would love to see a pic with out a flash . See how the flash bounces off their heads.

Old 06-03-2005, 11:15 AM   #15
skycock
im positive he is not a hybrid-but if the thought was to cross my mind-which it did before purchase-what would he be a hybrid between? really, the only animal that a redfoot could cross with and still maintain the shell shape, head shape, and plastron shape would maybe be a yellowfoot-but even then there would be major differences. we will see though, his babies will be cool regardless of how they come out. all i can say is that if they come out looking regular ill start to get excited. if this shell/skin color is just a locale thing then the traits would be visibly passed down to the babies. who knows-we will in about 8 months or so once the babies hatch out-that is if they breed. he is definately something unusual.
trey

Old 06-03-2005, 11:17 AM   #16
skycock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
He is pretty cool. I would love to see a pic with out a flash . See how the flash bounces off their heads.
there is no flash! not even in the first pics. it was on auto-flash but being outside it was not sparking-on the second go around i turned the flash completely off. ill go get him, take him inside, and shoot a pic of his head. give me 5 mins.
trey

Old 06-03-2005, 11:31 AM   #17
skycock
here we go-inside pics-flash turned off-low light...
trey
Attached Images

Old 06-03-2005, 11:32 AM   #18
Wilomn
Whatever he is, he's still pretty neat and I'd like to know what his babies look like when they start hatching.

Old 06-03-2005, 11:43 AM   #19
Vince
he rocks! how did you come about getting him? was he being sold as a blackfoot?

Old 06-03-2005, 11:56 AM   #20
skycock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
he rocks! how did you come about getting him? was he being sold as a blackfoot?
nah-just a redfoot man. im enjoying ihm though-curious to find out what he is thanks
trey

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!